PDA

View Full Version : My rebuttal....

Electrostatic
09-06-2007, 05:35 AM
To all of the various "But they made him sound like a weirdo" threads on last nights debate..

Please let me know what you think...

---------------------------------------------------

I think a lot of Americans are fed up with the federal government in general...

You may say what you want to about those who support Ron Paul, but please do your research first. Here are some of the main reasons why many people now support him:

1. He is the only Presidential candidate with a large following that both understands foreign policy and is willing to stand up to the corporations that have taken control of it for their own gain. All of the Dem front runners seem annoyingly supportive of keeping our troops in 100 some odd countries with loaded weapons pointed at everyone and everything just so long as it's them doing it and not Dubya.

2. He is the only Presidential candidate with a large following that is NOT an isolationist.. Yes, you heard me right. He wants to normalize relations with all countries and establish embassies in them and allow for the free exchange of ideas between them. Everyone else seems perfectly happy with pointing weapons instead of talking and calling it non-isolationism.

3. He has admitted on the debate stage the atrocious actions of our CIA in the overthrowing of legitimate governments throughout the world and in their complacency to support brutal dictators when it serves the interests of the DC power brokers. He has promised to disband the CIA after replacing it with a non political intelligence service that actually contains people of "intelligence."

4. He calls out the sham that is the federal reserve banking system without trying to "dumb it down" for easier consumption. (And yes, he recognizes that we can not go directly to a "gold standard", and has said many times that he mainly brings it up to show the absurdity of thinking a bunch of corporate scumbags meeting in a marble palace are going to set monetary policy that benefits all Americans.)

5. Most of the complaints I have heard against him are pure libel or complete misunderstandings. Yes, he does not like taxing people and sending the money to banks and calling it a "student loan program." (The only reason we 'need' for profit government backed student loans in the first place is because interstate not-for-profit credit unions are illegal... Go figure.) Yes, he wants out of the WTO, UN, World Bank, etc.. Have you seen what those groups have actually DONE to the world lately? (And no, you do not need the UN to talk to other countries, at least not the "Security Council", which through feigned ignorance and political malfeasance has all but pardoned the Sudanese genocide, legalized our war in Iraq, ignored the plight of Africa, and otherwise allowed the real crooks to run rampant over our world.) He is also, in fact, against tax payer funded foreign aid. it is rarely brought up, however, that when our 'aid' actually reaches a third world country it is confiscated by the same brutal people we are supposedly aiding the masses against. Yes, he even wants to get rid of the IRS... But he wants to get rid of them because they are one of the most corrupt organizations in our country, and it's time we call them on it... (And no, he DOES NOT want to get rid of corporate taxes, excise taxes, port entry fees, etc.. He wants to get the gestapo out of our daily lives... The personal income tax only pays for 1/3 to 1/2 of our budget... If we weren't always at war and quit giving billions a year to oppressive regimes we wouldn't need it.. And we would still have enough left over for the programs people are dependent on.)

6. He has promised not to gut Social Security, Medicare, or any other federal program that people depend on, but instead to focus on reigning in the criminal and moronic elements inside our own government. He has promised not to get rid of anything that that doesn't already have alternatives proven and working. And yet people call him a fringe radical simply for admitting the ideals he follows.

7. He has promised to leave all the money and power he won't be collecting at the state level so we can fix things for real instead for paying someone in DC to do it for us. Seriously, how many times must we watch Democrats and Republicans alike spend the money on white phosphorus and corporate welfare before we DO something. Heck, he even wants to leave issues like abortion out of the hands of the federal government despite his convictions on the issue, because he admits He Does Not Have Perfect Knowledge. (Try getting other 'candidates' to admit they might be wrong.)

8. He will quit enforcing the "Patriot Act" and revoke all unconstitutional executive orders and "signing statements" on day one... Period.

9. He will stop the war on drugs, the war on alternative healthcare, the war on privacy, the propaganda machine that the Dept. of "Education" has become, (and yes, the Dems helped on that one too..), disallow the EPA from legalizing pollution through the creative use of token fines, and end the subsides for big oil that have kept us petrol-dependent for the last century. Yes, there is a trade off... If we decide we want school and healthcare for all we will have to do it outside of the federal government., using the money he won't be taking from us. But really, are the feds even competent enough to do it if they wanted to?... I mean gawd, look at their agendas and their histories and tell me you have faith in these people for the future of mankind..

10. And most importantly, he is honest... When says these things he actually means them... How many other candidates can you say that about? I mean truly, he is, and always has been, a man of his word. Unbelievable they were dumb enough to even let him on the debate stage in the first place.

So, why would Ron Paul be such a bad choice for our country? I mean yes, you'll have to do more in your own back yard instead of waiting for Washington to do it for you. But really, with their track record, why wouldn't you want to?

Anyway, just some food for thought,
Chris.