PDA

View Full Version : Would you oppose a NWO if it were libertarian in nature?

Lucille
10-05-2008, 01:52 PM
Would you oppose a NWO if it were libertarian in nature?
1. Yes
2. No

literatim
10-05-2008, 01:53 PM
A world government isn't libertarian in nature.

Lucille
10-05-2008, 01:54 PM
I was just testing how to create a poll. It wasn't supposed to post! Sorry!

Mods, please remove this thread.

Lovecraftian4Paul
10-05-2008, 01:55 PM
Yes. I believe in national sovereignty. I think a world government is incompatible with American liberty.

Truth Warrior
10-05-2008, 01:57 PM
libertarian NWO is a BS oxymoron. :p :rolleyes:

Kotin
10-05-2008, 02:00 PM
libertarian NWO is a BS oxymoron. :p :rolleyes:

thats what I thought..

that makes no sense.

Paulite
10-05-2008, 02:10 PM
how about a new world order without any government whatsoever.

Alawn
10-05-2008, 02:15 PM
I would never be for a NWO.

jake
10-05-2008, 02:20 PM
A world government isn't libertarian in nature.

this.

silverhandorder
10-05-2008, 02:31 PM
I don't know... it's impossible to create libretarian world government that would be strong enough to resist temptation of corruption. I mean it is possible on paper. But some things that are required are impossible to acheive. Like cooperation of all nations of the world. Devisement of a system that would prevent world government expanding it's powers. We having trouble with this in America, imagine that but 10 times bigger?

FindLiberty
10-05-2008, 02:58 PM
I'd rather vote for #3 (a better test question for this sample "poll").

[FAIL - voting was not enabled]

Xenophage
10-05-2008, 03:03 PM
If by "New World Order" you mean "Global Government," sure... essentially, a libertarian global government wouldn't actually do anything, and would dissolve itself almost as immediately as it was created because it wouldn't have any funding. That's silly, though... libertarianism is incompatible with monolithic non-representative government.

Its at least imaginable that you could have some world government body dictating to all of its member nations a strict respect for the fundamental human liberties and constraints on the use of government force in accordance with libertarian values. Imagine the United States possessing a libertarian federal government, and then just imagine it covering a larger geographic area... e.g., every country in the entire world becomes a federated state. In essence, the role of such a government would be to intervene militarily against every petty dictator or power monger that crops up in every dark corner of the world in order to protect the inalienable rights of world citizens (sound familiar?), but the logistics of such an operation, not to mention philosophic consistency, are nigh impossible without a sufficiently massive volunteer base contributing funds and pledging military service and agreeing on the basic principles. In other words, a vast super-majority of the world's population would have to be libertarians, thereby making the notion of a "libertarian world government" completely unnecessary, as populations around the world would deal with their issues in a libertarian manner already.

So, yeah, I'd be in favor of that :)

Truth Warrior
10-05-2008, 03:28 PM
The primary libertarian axiom is the "Non Aggression Principle".