PDA

View Full Version : Americans dying to save face

Sematary
09-06-2007, 05:28 AM
For the NON-neocons, I thought this was one of his best moments - also, if you noticed in the post debate bullshit, that they kept cutting the video off just before. Huckabee is standing there spouting bullshit about leaving with honor and RP simply stated the truth and said what we all know to be true - we are allowing Americans to die to save face. The neocons are morons but the rest of the world isn't and that is why he won the online poll.

Slugg
09-06-2007, 05:36 AM
For the NON-neocons, I thought this was one of his best moments - also, if you noticed in the post debate bullshit, that they kept cutting the video off just before. Huckabee is standing there spouting bullshit about leaving with honor and RP simply stated the truth and said what we all know to be true - we are allowing Americans to die to save face. The neocons are morons but the rest of the world isn't and that is why he won the online poll.

The dangerous aspect of "honor' spin is that people don't care WHY we are in Iraq. They just want to 'win.' They don't want to think about it, they just want 'victory.' They know they won when they are told they won. Period. I sure hope some of the people watching have family in Iraq and got nice and pissed about having family members put in danger to 'save honor" or as Ron Paul put it, "Save Face." And Huckabee all but admitted it....that was beautiful!!!!

Sematary
09-06-2007, 05:39 AM
The dangerous aspect of "honor' spin is that people don't care WHY we are in Iraq. They just want to 'win.' They don't want to think about it, they just want 'victory.' They know they won when they are told they won. Period. I sure hope some of the people watching have family in Iraq and got nice and pissed about having family members put in danger to 'save honor" or as Ron Paul put it, "Save Face." And Huckabee all but admitted it....that was beautiful!!!!

I thought it was the moment that won him the debate. He was good every time he spoke but what he said resonated. The truth wills out - we aren't fighting to "win". We are fighting (and dying) so that we don't look like the complete morons that we are (talking about our leaders now) to the rest of the world. In other words, we are allowing Americans to die so George Bush doesn't appear to the world like a complete fucking idiot, which he is.

catwoman
09-06-2007, 06:00 AM
We wouldn't have to be in the position to save face if we had acted rightly to begin with.

Tn...Andy
09-06-2007, 06:14 AM
Here's what "peace with honor" looked like at the end in Vietnam.

Do we REALLY need another image from a rooftop in Bagdad to learn why we shouldn't get into 'nation building' ???

http://gregdooley.com/images/lasthueysaigon1.jpg

Madison
09-06-2007, 06:15 AM
Not even an online poll but a cell phone poll. Conclusive proof that the polls the old media have been showing us are, without question, meaningless, whether they're complete fabrications, or that they are meaningless because they only call people with landlines.

This really was his best debate...ever.