PDA

View Full Version : Is the Despotic passage still in the Bill?

raiha
10-05-2008, 01:55 AM
“Decisions by the Secretary pursuant to the authority of this Act are non-reviewable and committed to agency discretion, and may not be reviewed by any court of law or any administrative agency”

Or was it turfed out to make Paulson not appear like a looter, a skimmer and a plunderer?

Sorry if this has already been covered. I only have battery on my laptop so can't be on-line as much.

Oh and a nice phrase Edward Griffin wrote in "The Creature.." a timely reminder...

Fiat money is created by a central bank which leads to Government debt, which causes inflation, which destroys the economy, which impoverishes the people, which provides an excuse for increasing government power which ultimately leads to totalitarianism.”

sirachman
10-05-2008, 02:03 AM
I'm not sure but I would like to know this also. One other thing, what is the website or is there one where you can view the complete bill and other bills?

lynnf
10-05-2008, 06:24 AM
I'm not sure but I would like to know this also. One other thing, what is the website or is there one where you can view the complete bill and other bills?

I did a search for the word "court" and didn't find it (that was in the objectionable phrase)

full text of bailout:

http://money.cnn.com/2008/10/01/news/pdf/

lynn

freelance
10-05-2008, 06:28 AM
They set up a committee of the usual suspects for oversight and review. Search on review and you should find it. It was in there the last time I checked, but that was right before the Senator vote.

lynnf
10-05-2008, 09:17 AM
They set up a committee of the usual suspects for oversight and review. Search on review and you should find it. It was in there the last time I checked, but that was right before the Senator vote.

if it's a bunch of congress critters, they've only been bootlickers lately. not much review going on in congress anymore and even less reporting of it in the MSM.

lynn