PDA

View Full Version : Democrats Could Hit 60 Senate Seats Please read and help save the ones that voted no!

CountryMe
10-04-2008, 09:06 PM
My eyesight is not good right now so please read this and anyone on the list that looks like they are going to lose the election that voted no to the Bailout please help spread the word to help them!! AND WOULD APPRECIATE if you would go through this article and post the names in it that voted no to the Bailout that might lose their seat. THANKS!!

http://news.aol.com/elections/article/democrats-could-hit-60-senate-seats/200544

Democrats Could Hit 60 Senate Seats

Politico.com
posted: 58 MINUTES AGO
comments: 107
filed under: Election News, Political New

(Oct. 4) - The possibility that Democrats will build a muscular, 60-seat Senate majority is looking increasing plausible, with new polls showing a powerful surge for the party’s candidates in Minnesota, Kentucky and other states.
A poll out Friday shows Sen. Norm Coleman could now easily lose his Minnesota seat to comedian-turned-candidate Al Franken. A Colorado race that initially looked like a nail-biter has now broken decisively for the Democrats. A top official in the McCain camp told us Sen. Elizabeth Dole is virtually certain to lose in conservative North Carolina.

(Then there is some pictures and names to scroll through that might lose
their seats which I am not sure if all those names here are the same as
the names in the rest of the article below)

Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell of Kentucky has seen his race tighten dangerously close over the past week — and Democrats are considering moving more money into the state very soon. And there is even talk that Republican Sen. Saxby Chambliss is beatable in conservative Georgia after backing the economic bailout package opposed by many voters.
“Before the economic crisis, we had a number of races moving our way,” said Matthew Miller, communications director of the Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee. “But now we’re seeing Republican numbers plummet.” GOP officials largely agree.
Senate races don’t grab national attention like the White House battle does. But if these trends hold, the Senate outcome could be almost as important to Washington governance as the presidential winner will be. It takes 60 votes to pass anything through the slow-moving Senate. So the closer the Democrats get to the number, the more power they will have next year to put their stamp on the country.
Democrats say their candidates are benefiting from the wipeout on Wall Street with a single message in every region of the country: “These are the Bush policies coming home to roost.” Senator Charles E. Schumer of New York, chairman of the Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee, told Politico: “Americans know that in economically difficult times, we need a change from George Bush’s policies. And incumbents who have voted for six years with Bush, up and down the line, are having a difficult time trying to convince the electorate that they’ve changed their spots."
The trends reflect the growing fear of among top Republicans that their prospects could crater on Nov. 4, with Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) running weakly at the top of the ticket, President Bush as unpopular as ever and the economic crisis serving as a last-minute propellant for the change message of Sen. Barack Obama (D-Ill.).

EPIC1934
10-04-2008, 09:10 PM
I dont even know if THESE corporate dems WANT a sixty. Then their last imaginable excuse for doing nothing to stop Republican policies would disappear!

slacker921
10-04-2008, 09:19 PM
The GOP might ask why the senators and congressmen who voted "no" are still going to lose in November. My take is because they were part of so many other things that the GOP pushed for and have NOT kept the interest of the people in mind.

Voting for things like nafta, cafta, the patriot act, telecom immunity, etc.. etc.. and supporting the Iraq war is what did them in.

Join The Paul Side
10-04-2008, 09:34 PM
The GOP might ask why the senators and congressmen who voted "no" are still going to lose in November. My take is because they were part of so many other things that the GOP pushed for and have NOT kept the interest of the people in mind.

Voting for things like nafta, cafta, the patriot act, telecom immunity, etc.. etc.. and supporting the Iraq war is what did them in.

Indeed. Many of the ones that voted NO still need to be voted out for past betrayals for things such as FISA, ect, ect....

beachmaster
10-04-2008, 09:48 PM
MOST incumbents need to be voted out, and I don't care if that means putting Al Frankenstein in.

THROW THE BUMS OUT should be the battle cry of today.

Throw Frankenstein and company out next time...but for now, any treasonous bastard that is in office needs to be OUT of office immediately!

Elizabeth Dole? Please, give me a break! Just another insider as are most of the GOP AND DEMONCRATS. Norm Coleman is just another goddam neocon fascist. He needs to leave!

CountryMe
10-04-2008, 10:01 PM
So, none of these people on this list that voted no are worth saving???
Suppose someone gets in that will never stand up for us? I mean
is it possible those that voted no have awaken and would continue
now to put we the people first? I don't know maybe not but if their
opponent wins and they are for the bailout.....well, I just don't know.