DjLoTi
09-06-2007, 04:21 AM
http://www.alalam.ir/english/en-NewsPage.asp?newsid=041030120070906103612

beermotor
09-06-2007, 04:25 AM
Surprise surprise...

EvilEngineer
09-06-2007, 06:12 AM
I wonder how our MSM would spin it if Ron Paul got an endorsement of peace from Iran during the election season.

Tsoman
09-06-2007, 06:45 AM
I personally would see it as a huge diplomatic victory.

noxagol
09-06-2007, 06:47 AM
They would spin it as Iran being happy they will be left alone to make their nuke and use it against us most likely.

max
09-06-2007, 07:41 AM
http://www.alalam.ir/english/en-NewsPage.asp?newsid=041030120070906103612

if the arabs and muslim americans hop on the ron paul express it will be HUGE..

these people network really well and they have lots of money to give

paulitics
09-06-2007, 07:54 AM
what are the percentage of legal muslims in this country? You know if they had any political power in this country, all this crap would be avoided. Unfortunately Israel has alot of political power, with hundreds or thousands of Israeli backed politicians.

Suzu
09-06-2007, 08:18 AM
Detroit has a large Muslim community.

Captain Shays
09-06-2007, 08:23 AM
Think. Do you guys really want to pit Ron paul with Moslims on his side against everybody else with Jews on their side? It will never fly with Christians who we need more than anybody to win the GOP nomination

Cowlesy
09-06-2007, 08:44 AM

And as Michigan could potentially be the first primary, those people need to come out of the woodwork and vote.

JAHOGS
09-06-2007, 08:46 AM

Very large I was just there for an Arabic wedding. They all where talking about the problems facing America. The most talked about was the economy.

JAHOGS
09-06-2007, 08:47 AM
Think. Do you guys really want to pit Ron paul with Moslims on his side against everybody else with Jews on their side? It will never fly with Christians who we need more than anybody to win the GOP nomination

This has nothing to do with religion, but everything to do with what is right.

ButchHowdy
09-06-2007, 08:55 AM

Unfortunately, you are correct. Ziochristians are forced to believe that Israel is the Israel of the bible.

Interestingly, the Israel of the bible was a firstly a person, then a people, but never 'real estate'

Santana28
09-06-2007, 09:15 AM
well hey, if anyone wants to write the president of Iran he has his own website.... and its obvious he likes to write people as he releases alot of letters. Has anyone here read his letter directed towards the American people? Its on the website as well.

Its a sad day when you visit a website and then stop to think that it might get you on some sort of government watch list. :(

Nefertiti
09-06-2007, 09:21 AM
what are the percentage of legal muslims in this country? .

The number of illegals is quite small. Most are here on some kind of visa-even if they are using it illegally-such as a tourist visa to work. The question should be how many are citizens that can vote? A lot-considering most are probably born here anyway. Here's some stats:

http://www.allied-media.com/AM/

Nefertiti
09-06-2007, 09:27 AM

Translation of the above: I'm afraid of Muslims because a few Muslims were behind 911 and therefore I would be more ashamed to be associated with a Muslim than a Jew, because of course all Muslims must be terrorists, and therefore we will lose the election. It doesn't matter that more Muslims agree with the positions that Ron Paul espouses than Jews do, so what if they like peace. We need the warmongering Christian vote to get elected.

empirenine
09-06-2007, 09:29 AM
Has anyone DIGGed this article?

klamath
09-06-2007, 09:38 AM
Worse mistake guys. Don't make Americas enemies out to be heros. We have made our mistakes in the middle east and Paul wants to correct that. Iran is not a great country, just one we don't need to worry about. Just because we have made mistakes doesn't make all our enemies wonderful. This kind of reasoning will run more American voters away than anything else.

angelatc
09-06-2007, 09:40 AM
Worse mistake guys. Don't make Americas enemies out to be heros.

Absolutely right.

derdy
09-06-2007, 09:47 AM
Worse mistake guys. Don't make Americas enemies out to be heros. We have made our mistakes in the middle east and Paul wants to correct that. Iran is not a great country, just one we don't need to worry about. Just because we have made mistakes doesn't make all our enemies wonderful. This kind of reasoning will run more American voters away than anything else.

Although I can see how the majority of American sheeple would view Iran as our enemies, it's kind of suprising coming from a Ron Paul supporter.

Iran helped us fight and coordinate in Afghanistan when we invaded. They offered to hand over al-qaeda leaders to US from their own country. THE US, specifically the neocons, turned them down in that offer and then started threatening them. The neocons have already hijacked the GOP, don't let their propaganda hijack your mind.

Ron Paul has said we need to talk and trade with other countries including Iran, if that, along with the paragraph above, is too much truth for American people, then they are neocons and should vote accordingly.

Perhaps, the Iranian government is not the best, but their is certainly nothing wrong with the Iranian people; I know quite a few of them. Persian women are beautiful :D

Santana28
09-06-2007, 09:49 AM
who called anyone a hero? the iranians have a right to step up and defend themselves against foreign aggression, just the same as we do as a sovereign nation. i respect anyone who is willing to cry "peace!" when the whole world is rattling "war!" - but that doesn't make them my "hero."

derdy
09-06-2007, 09:52 AM
Although I can see how the majority of American sheeple would view Iran as our enemies, it's kind of suprising coming from a Ron Paul supporter.

Iran helped us fight and coordinate in Afghanistan when we invaded. They offered to hand over al-qaeda leaders to US from their own country. THE US, specifically the neocons, turned them down in that offer and then started threatening them. The neocons have already hijacked the GOP, don't let their propaganda hijack your mind.

Ron Paul has said we need to talk and trade with other countries including Iran, if that, along with the paragraph above, is too much truth for American people, then they are neocons and should vote accordingly.

Perhaps, the Iranian government is not the best, but their is certainly nothing wrong with the Iranian people; I know quite a few of them. Persian women are beautiful :D

But I do agree that an endorsement from Mahmoud Ahmadinejad is a terrible idea

Kuldebar
09-06-2007, 10:24 AM
I notice that unlike our MSM the last statement Ron Paul made in the heated exchange was actually published:

"How long - what do we have to pay to save face? That's all we're doing, is saving face. It's time we came home," Paul said.

klamath
09-06-2007, 10:28 AM
But I do agree that an endorsement from Mahmoud Ahmadinejad is a terrible idea

This is the is what I was refering to.
I used the word enemy in reference to the governments of the other countries I have nothing against the people of Iran. As RP says judge people not as groups but as individuals. The president of Iran is a nut and the only reason the Iranians are sticking by him is because he is using the world pressure to rally his people. If the world would let off the pressure the Iranians would kick him out because they are hurting from his economic policies. Read some of the writing of F W Declerk of South Africa and how it was world pressure that made them build nuclear weapons.

My point is a lot of times to make a point about mistakes in American forign policy people will start praising other governments that we have conflicts with. There are no governments in this world without blood on their hands. We just need to clean up our government let the other people of the world clean up theirs.

Nefertiti
09-06-2007, 10:38 AM
The president of Iran is a nut and the only reason the Iranians are sticking by him is because he is using the world pressure to rally his people. If the world would let off the pressure the Iranians would kick him out because they are hurting from his economic policies.

He is the ELECTED president of Iran. The people chose him, and he is not up for election yet. His term is 4 years. So what do you want? Should they ignore their constitution and overthrow him?

Let's face it, with the exception of Israel, the US has always hated elected governments in the Middle East. Look at which countries actually have real elections and our attitudes toward them-Iran, Sudan, Algeria... It's a lot harder to manipulate a populace to do what the US wants than a single dictator.

Captain Shays
09-06-2007, 10:48 AM
Translation of the above: I'm afraid of Muslims because a few Muslims were behind 911 and therefore I would be more ashamed to be associated with a Muslim than a Jew, because of course all Muslims must be terrorists, and therefore we will lose the election. It doesn't matter that more Muslims agree with the positions that Ron Paul espouses than Jews do, so what if they like peace. We need the warmongering Christian vote to get elected.

Oh come on! Thats not at all what I was saying. I'm saying that we should court both Christians and Muslims. Not one to the exclusion to the other. If anything we need to educate the Chritians who have been hoodwinked by the Republican and Democrat parties along with the corporate media into believing that Muslims are our enemy.
I was really responding to what I percieved as an effort to court Muslims without regard for what Jews or Christians think. remember this my friend. Christians make up the majority of this country. We NEED them to win and we need Muslims as a feather in our cap. For if we can unite American Jews, Christians and Muslims in a sensible way it will prove the validity of Ron Paul's freedom/peace/truth message.

disciple
09-06-2007, 10:51 AM
Oh come on! Thats not at all what I was saying. I'm saying that we should court both Christians and Muslims. Not one to the exclusion to the other. If anything we need to educate the Chritians who have been hoodwinked by the Republican and Democrat parties along with the corporate media into believing that Muslims are our enemy.
I was really responding to what I percieved as an effort to court Muslims without regard for what Jews or Christians think. remember this my friend. Christians make up the majority of this country. We NEED them to win and we need Muslims as a feather in our cap. For if we can unite American Jews, Christians and Muslims in a sensible way it will prove the validity of Ron Paul's freedom/peace/truth message.

Agree.

kylejack
if the arabs and muslim americans hop on the ron paul express it will be HUGE..

these people network really well and they have lots of money to give

Please note: Iranians are mostly Persian, not Arab.

klamath
He is the ELECTED president of Iran. The people chose him, and he is not up for election yet. His term is 4 years. So what do you want? Should they ignore their constitution and overthrow him?

Let's face it, with the exception of Israel, the US has always hated elected governments in the Middle East. Look at which countries actually have real elections and our attitudes toward them-Iran, Sudan, Algeria... It's a lot harder to manipulate a populace to do what the US wants than a single dictator.

I don't believe I said they had to overthrow him. I believe he has 2 years left. In their midterm election he lost a lot of support. I believe that in two years if the world backs away the Iranians will not reelect him. I believe without a doubt we have made mistakes in our forign policy in the middle east. Our government shouldn't be there with money handouts or military presence.