PDA

View Full Version : The wooden arrows for children angle

Carole
10-04-2008, 07:02 PM
In an earlier thread I mentioned that we should put that Oregon wooden arrow company out of business. I have cooled down some and did a search for more information.

Here is an article I found that explains the wooden arrow angle.

An Oregon arrow maker suffers slings of outrage
by Amy Hsuan and Charles Pope, The Oregonian
Friday October 03, 2008, 8:50 PM

http://www.oregonlive.com/news/index.ssf/2008/10/an_oregon_arrow_maker_suffers.html

And:

What's this about 'wooden arrows' in the bailout bill?

http://www.katu.com/news/30342874.html

And:

An Oregon manufacturer of wooden arrows gets tax break as part of the $700b

http://video.yahoo.com/watch/3641174/10031119

TastyWheat
10-04-2008, 07:46 PM
I read this in the Dallas Morning News, it's exactly what I've thinking.

Rep. Nick Lampson said, "If this bill was so good, why did you have to add the sugar on top?"

BeFranklin
10-04-2008, 08:52 PM
Its not really a tax break. Wooden arrows were getting an extra tax.

RSLudlum
10-04-2008, 10:16 PM
Its not really a tax break. Wooden arrows were getting an extra tax.

LMFAO...Has our republic really gotten that outa control!! WTF?? There's tax laws on wooden arrow?? Sorry but I'm about a 12pack gone and this seems absolutely absurd!!!! In vino verita ;)

BeFranklin
10-04-2008, 11:19 PM
LMFAO...Has our republic really gotten that outa control!! WTF?? There's tax laws on wooden arrow?? Sorry but I'm about a 12pack gone and this seems absolutely absurd!!!! In vino verita ;)

When they take away the guns, the peasants will still have wooden arrows :eek:

Kludge
10-04-2008, 11:23 PM
When are they eliminating the gas tax...?

Our friends at OPEC would be much more friendly! We might even spread some Democracy!

RSLudlum
10-04-2008, 11:41 PM
When they take away the guns, the peasants will still have wooden arrows :eek:

As long as they don't ban rocks and steel aggies, my daughter and I will still have ammo for our sling-shots!!!! :D

RSLudlum
10-04-2008, 11:43 PM
When are they eliminating the gas tax...?

Our friends at OPEC would be much more friendly! We might even spread some Democracy!

Pfft...Screw OPEC...I spread 'democracy' on my toast every morning. :p

Kludge
10-04-2008, 11:49 PM
Pfft...Screw OPEC...I spread 'democracy' on my toast every morning. :p

All I know is that if Palin becomes VP, she better be speadin' some 'democracy'.

Y'know wut I'm sayin'? Y'know wut I'm sayin'?!

RSLudlum
10-05-2008, 12:19 AM
All I know is that if Palin becomes VP, she better be speadin' some 'democracy'.

Y'know wut I'm sayin'? Y'know wut I'm sayin'?!

LOL

"I'll buy that for a dollar!!" :p

Aratus
10-06-2008, 10:05 AM
evidently the rum was over-taxed... too. somehow the malaise of wamu and wachovia and AIG and wooden arrows as well as pints of rum weren't quite the juxposition i was expecting. the precise small hidden details! the way this bill did things the percursor didn't do last monday! the small compromises... i focused more on the upping of the $100,000 amount to a happy $250,000 concerning the amount to be insured in the bank accounts. back i am again to obama's "no new taxes" ceiling amount. turns out if you put your quarter million in the same solitary account, you can be very cognicent of the amount obama ain't planning to tax you for!{if he backslides, does he have someone who could explain the concept of a one term presidency to him? namely the potus's father?} i do surmise mccain will have another total take on our IRS and tax code. however, the pundits are giving obama an electoral college edge. it has perhaps moved past the fifty-fifty split.