PDA

View Full Version : Why are we still paying taxes?

billjarrett
10-04-2008, 05:20 PM
All over these forums, I see threads about investing in gold, choosing not to pay your mortgage, buying guns, etc. I don't need to go into all the specifics, because we've all read them.

We saw this week, very clearly, that we have no representation in Washington.

Why, with everyone hunkering down for a collapse (even outside of these forums), do we still pay taxes? I would think it would be one of the first on the list to go.

Josh_LA
10-04-2008, 05:27 PM
No, people still pay because they're cowards. The same reason people still haven't murdered our unelected, unrepresenting politicians in DC.

billjarrett
10-04-2008, 05:30 PM
I wonder if it's time yet that a grassroots brush fire of not paying them would take off into a forest fire.

We know they don't listen to us when we speak. The only things I can think of that would get their attention would be violence or not giving them money. I think the latter is our best option.

Unless someone has anything else that will actually get their attention.

Dequeant
10-04-2008, 05:47 PM
No, people still pay because they're cowards. The same reason people still haven't murdered our unelected, unrepresenting politicians in DC.

Now would be the time to do that. With 93% of Americans against this bailout, a tax protest would get their attention. More americans would be inclined to join us. If 2 million americans did this they'd be fucked, much less 50 million.

billjarrett
10-04-2008, 05:51 PM
Now would be the time to do that. With 93% of Americans against this bailout, a tax protest would get their attention. More americans would be inclined to join us. If 2 million americans did this they'd be fucked, much less 50 million.

I second this, but who can get this moving? I am many things, but viral marketing is not my strong point.

Also, we'd need someone who understands the various forms HR makes you fill out, as I don't know how to minimize the taxes..

(Sorry, just an IT guy)

LibertyIn08
10-04-2008, 05:57 PM
Skipping the income tax will not starve the beast as you suggest.

Ill-advised move and would irreparably harm the Liberty movement.

billjarrett
10-04-2008, 06:01 PM
Skipping the income tax will not starve the beast as you suggest.

Ill-advised move and would irreparably harm the Liberty movement.

Then what will starve the beast?

They are obviously not going to listen when we speak. Violence is a last resort, and we are not there yet.

After last week, it's obvious they are not concerned about not getting elected.

What gets their attention?

BarryDonegan
10-04-2008, 06:09 PM
cut back your spending and you arent

billjarrett
10-04-2008, 06:19 PM

The only non essential (non food/shelter/transportation/clothes) I haven't cut is cable TV (wife issues).

Internet access required for work, and they pay for it, otherwise I'd just use the library or something.

Changed jobs last month, cutting my commute from 30 to 3 miles. Weather permitting, I don't drive there.

So, exactly how aren't I cutting back my spending?

The Good Doctor
10-04-2008, 06:21 PM
Those that voted for this will get "re-elected". I am sure that is part of the "plan".

Those that are up for re-election may not get re-elected.

This whole thing was a farce from the get go. From Paulson's connections to Goldman Sachs and the financial industry, to his connection to banks in China of which he has a stake in, to those in Congress that voted for this because of the donations they received from the financial industry, to those in Congress that have personal stakes in these financial companies, and finally those in Congress that changed their votes in the bailout bill because of the pork they got.

It's a sad day for the American taxpayer.

Then what will starve the beast?

They are obviously not going to listen when we speak. Violence is a last resort, and we are not there yet.

After last week, it's obvious they are not concerned about not getting elected.

What gets their attention?

The Good Doctor
10-04-2008, 06:23 PM
Well I have been trying to and will try harder to. However, when push comes to shove, and the government is having trouble deciding between wants and needs, they will get whatever they please by raising taxes and fees.

UnReconstructed
10-04-2008, 07:24 PM
I don't pay taxes... I have 9 kids and make $600 a week.

The Good Doctor
10-04-2008, 07:28 PM
Are you kidding me? 9 kids? I know they are bundles of joy but how do you make it on $600 a week? Aside from some government programs of course.

I don't pay taxes... I have 9 kids and make $600 a week.

Arklatex
10-04-2008, 07:38 PM
Billjarrett, slave uprising is the movement you speak of. I think there's even a forum here for it.

billjarrett
10-04-2008, 07:41 PM
Billjarrett, slave uprising is the movement you speak of. I think there's even a forum here for it.

Slaveuprising is fine, but what is step 2? Once we know our numbers?

jkm1864
10-04-2008, 07:44 PM
Well lets see .... convert all of my possessions into someone else name. Now after I pay all the taxes for doing that whats the point? Now You might get full of righteous indignation and call us a bunch of pussies but some of us have families we don't have that luxury. So feel free to start a tax revolt but remember the one whom has the most guns always wins. Now when we all stand up we will have the most guns so i'll wait till then oh but by then whats the point of paying taxes anyway.

RonPaulCentral
10-04-2008, 09:56 PM

Thursday night I dropped by my local swill hole to have a couple beers. While I was there I had the pleasure of listening to a bunch of guys that were raising hell about the bailout. They all made an agreement with each other to stop paying FEDERAL taxes if the ballout crap passed. The cool thing was that the other groups around them listening and injecting their opinions into the conversation...... AGREED... and said perhaps it was time for this to happen and they would consider it. Wow.... :)

In this same bar on more and more occasions recently I have seen people raising hell. It seems they are actually waking up and PISSED. Of course I am very "supportive" of their thinking and help them along the "right path"... LOL

Funny to think that long ago during a certain primary I was the sole voice in this place. Now many many people come up to me and say stuff like "Dude.... you were go right. What can I do to prepare?" I suggest to them the same things I have been saying all along..... "Gold, Silver, Cash, Food (Storage), Food (Garden), Water, Medical Supplies, Vitamin Supply, Lead and "Lead Spitters", Communications (CB/Ham) and a plan with like minded folks living close to you."

I sense a real change taking place. I have never before in my life (I am 38) seen this type of REAL anger, fear, concern and genuine rage in the minds and hearts of my fellow man here at home. I think it is really getting to the point that the giant seagull (fed govt) is only going to have to push a few more times before some group will react and take action. I think it is going to start as many small fires in many States that will mesh together and turn into a raging country wide blazing fire.

Just my observations and thoughts.

qh4dotcom
10-04-2008, 11:03 PM
If you don't want to pay taxes, there is a legal way to do it....earn a poor man's salary.

That's what all rich folks who Obama wants to punish should do...they got plenty of cash in their bank accounts...no need to make more and give 50%+ to Obama. Obama would be screwed since he's counting on their cash for all his wasteful spending.

DFF
10-05-2008, 12:13 AM

Bingo.

fj45lvr
10-05-2008, 01:33 AM
Why are you???

Truth Warrior
10-05-2008, 02:17 AM
For the very same reason that almost all folks pay any other armed robber and thug.<IMHO> ;)

Andrew76
10-05-2008, 02:44 AM
Man, I love you guys, but two things (of course, in my opinion): one, please pause and perhaps reconsider when you post comments that tilt towards violent reaction. I know, it may be exciting and somewhat satsifying to think about, but at the end of the day, if you have to resort to violence, it is an open admission that you're incapable of coming up with a better idea. Hint: there's tons of different ideas that don't require violence.
Violence and force is the way of the State, let's do our best to steer clear of their example.
Two, it's really easy to get all excited about this kind of stuff when communicating with a very small minority of folks, on a message board, with maybe a thousand people tops truly engaged in the conversation. Let us not be guilty of blind gladhanding nonsense!
We definitely have a leg up over the competition here in that we're more informed that most on the current crisis. I'm just saying, let's keep it as grounded as possible so we can avoid the potential for embarassing, cause ruining mistakes.

Truth Warrior
10-05-2008, 03:22 AM
Man, I love you guys, but two things (of course, in my opinion): one, please pause and perhaps reconsider when you post comments that tilt towards violent reaction. I know, it may be exciting and somewhat satsifying to think about, but at the end of the day, if you have to resort to violence, it is an open admission that you're incapable of coming up with a better idea. Hint: there's tons of different ideas that don't require violence.
Violence and force is the way of the State, let's do our best to steer clear of their example.
Two, it's really easy to get all excited about this kind of stuff when communicating with a very small minority of folks, on a message board, with maybe a thousand people tops truly engaged in the conversation. Let us not be guilty of blind gladhanding nonsense!
We definitely have a leg up over the competition here in that we're more informed that most on the current crisis. I'm just saying, let's keep it as grounded as possible so we can avoid the potential for embarassing, cause ruining mistakes.

Statement of Purpose: Voluntaryists are advocates of non-political, non-violent strategies to achieve a free society. We reject electoral politics, in theory and in practice, as incompatible with libertarian principles. Governments must cloak their actions in an aura of moral legitimacy in order to sustain their power, and political methods invariably strengthen that legitimacy. Voluntaryists seek instead to delegitimize the State through education, and we advocate withdrawal of the cooperation and tacit consent on which State power ultimately depends.
http://www.voluntaryist.com/

newbitech
10-05-2008, 08:53 AM
end the fed.