PDA

View Full Version : RANT - telephone opinion polls!

chudrockz
10-04-2008, 04:21 PM
Oh good Lord! I just now received my second telephone (automated) Presidential opinion poll in the past twenty-four hours. They were different polls, because the options were different.

However, in BOTH cases, when it came to it, they gave the following options for who to vote for: 1) Barack Obama, 2) John McCain, or 3) Undecided.

Incredible. I'm so furious I want to break my phone. It's REALLY too bad that both times the caller ID said "unavailable / unavailable" or I'd be doing some serious bitching.

richiep
10-04-2008, 05:08 PM
Oh good Lord! I just now received my second telephone (automated) Presidential opinion poll in the past twenty-four hours. They were different polls, because the options were different.

However, in BOTH cases, when it came to it, they gave the following options for who to vote for: 1) Barack Obama, 2) John McCain, or 3) Undecided.

Incredible. I'm so furious I want to break my phone. It's REALLY too bad that both times the caller ID said "unavailable / unavailable" or I'd be doing some serious bitching.

What if you did the star 69 thing, does that work with numbers that are unavailable? I'm wondering if you are given three shitty option like that, what is the best one. Maybe to just hang up?

chudrockz
10-04-2008, 05:15 PM
What if you did the star 69 thing, does that work with numbers that are unavailable? I'm wondering if you are given three shitty option like that, what is the best one. Maybe to just hang up?

As far as I know, there are no real options other than trace to find out who called. And the option I *did* choose was to hang up! :(