PDA

View Full Version : I just woke up... to compleate spin.

DjLoTi
09-06-2007, 03:47 AM
I look on the Yahoo! Front page and it says "GOP candidates debate about war".

Now, it used to say "Republicans, Paul debate about war".

Hmm, funny I thought. I clicked on the new article. I looked through it all. No mention about RP. Not one. No mention of him and Huckabee.

Ron Paul is nowhere to be seen in the coverage of the debate.

Lets see what they do now. I thought last night might have been a victory, lets see how hard the media propaganda machine pushes this.

DjLoTi
09-06-2007, 03:49 AM
Oh check this out. On Yahoo! 'most popular' page, there's the article with RP
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070906/ap_on_el_pr/republicans_debate;_ylt=Asq7RcNbX27OVuKULewaA84DW7 oF

On Yahoo!'s home page, this is the article you see:
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070906/ap_po/gop_analysis

They're trying to squash the RP article before people wake up. Email yourself the first article so it stays up on the most emailed articles.

john_anderson_ii
09-06-2007, 03:50 AM

Hmm, funny I thought. I clicked on the new article. I looked through it all. No mention about RP. Not one. No mention of him and Huckabee.

Lets see what they do now. I thought last night might have been a victory, lets see how hard the media propaganda machine pushes this.

Let them push it and push it HARD!!! The more they fracture and nitpick the lines between pro-war republicans, the more secure Ron Paul's nomination becomes. RP has every anti-war republican period, and most likely all the libertarian vote that can be had. The more diluted the pro-war vote, the better.

DjLoTi
09-06-2007, 03:54 AM
Yeah, but that means we need to push back. We can't let them push it and then let them beat us. We need to beat them.

Zydeco
09-06-2007, 04:06 AM
Here's a headline:

RON PAUL SKOOLZ GOP BITCHEZ

Abobo
09-06-2007, 04:07 AM
and most likely all the libertarian vote that can be had.

You've got that right. I've switch my registration from Libertarian to Republican so that I can vote for Ron Paul. I'm not 100% sure, but I think I heard that one of the nominees for the Libertarian party would not run if Ron Paul got the nomination. Libertarians may only be a small percent of the population, but we did decide many of the races in the last election cycle. :)

Trassin
09-06-2007, 04:08 AM
Bump, email the one that talks about RP and rate the other one as low as possible!

john_anderson_ii
09-06-2007, 04:22 AM
You've got that right. I've switch my registration from Libertarian to Republican so that I can vote for Ron Paul. I'm not 100% sure, but I think I heard that one of the nominees for the Libertarian party would not run if Ron Paul got the nomination. Libertarians may only be a small percent of the population, but we did decide many of the races in the last election cycle. :)

You are correct. Badnarik has openly endorsed him and Kubby has stated he will bow out of the campaign if RP is nominated. I can only speculate he will bow out to not split the vote.

JosephTheLibertarian
09-06-2007, 04:30 AM
He should bow out right now...

EvilEngineer
09-06-2007, 06:05 AM
Though if you look anywhere right now... guess who you'll find. Thompson, Thompson, Thompson, Thompson, Thompson, Thompson, Thompson, Thompson, and more Thompson. Me thinks they have a new MSM darling. The funny thing is this will do nothing to Dr. Paul's numbers, but the other guys might as well just quit.

dude58677
09-06-2007, 06:14 AM
Though if you look anywhere right now... guess who you'll find. Thompson, Thompson, Thompson, Thompson, Thompson, Thompson, Thompson, Thompson, and more Thompson. Me thinks they have a new MSM darling. The funny thing is this will do nothing to Dr. Paul's numbers, but the other guys might as well just quit.

Actually what it will do is bring more attention to the Presidential campaign so then more people will see Ron Paul as they will see Fed Thomspons flaws.

DjLoTi
09-06-2007, 06:15 AM
I've got all the news on my google front page, and everything I see about 2008 is Thompson.

But, I really don't see that much at all. Only 2 articles out of about 25 on Thompson, and one article by Time about the winners/losers of the GOP debate. In that, Ron Paul placed 6th with a C grade

walt
09-06-2007, 06:16 AM
submit a press release - show copies of the before and after?

speciallyblend
09-06-2007, 06:43 AM
bump

blazin_it_alwyz
09-06-2007, 06:52 AM

They changed the article that was on yahoo before. I'm guessing someone at yahoo got in trouble for an article that supports Ron Paul. That is all.