PDA

View Full Version : Schiff vs. Leeb right now on CNN 10/4/08

Cowlesy
10-04-2008, 10:52 AM
They make a great point.

What happens when farmers can't get credit to grow crops?

They're coming back after the break.

Sandra
10-04-2008, 10:58 AM
They make a great point.

My family had a farm for 85 years. Not once did we need to use credit for anything.

SeanEdwards
10-04-2008, 10:58 AM
Schiff is killing me. This is hilarious.

Archie
10-04-2008, 11:01 AM
just got the end when pete was talking about lots of inflation. I wonder if he will do any long segments today on CNN

Zydeco
10-04-2008, 11:02 AM
Leeb is just part of the corrupt system.

Plus he comes off as a shrill weasel. Our movement couldn't choose a better opponent for Peter.

Ninja Homer
10-04-2008, 11:06 AM
I caught a few minutes of it. How long was the whole segment?

Is the forum clock off? My computer clock says 12:21, but my post shows a time of 12:06...

SeanEdwards
10-04-2008, 11:06 AM
Leeb: "Bernanke spent his entire life studying the great depression!"

Schiff: "He clearly wasted his time."

LOL

phixion
10-04-2008, 11:11 AM
Toob!

werdd
10-04-2008, 11:11 AM
tube it

Cowlesy
10-04-2008, 11:13 AM
I have no idea how to 'tube this stuff, sorry.

Cowlesy
10-04-2008, 11:14 AM

LOL

That was a great one. Then Stephen Leeb keeps trying to say that Schiff is for total government control --- kind of funny since Schiff is a Libertarian.

RSLudlum
10-04-2008, 11:23 AM
That was a great one. Then Stephen Leeb keeps trying to say that Schiff is for total government control ---

:eek: damn, Leeb doesn't have a clue does he???

Ninja Homer
10-04-2008, 11:29 AM
They make a great point.

That is a pretty good question, but I really can't believe it's even an issue. Do all the farms really take out a loan every year so they can grow crops?

We obviously need the crops, so if no farmers had money to grow them, something would have to be done. I'd much prefer to see co-ops and farm-shares over a farm bailout though.

Cowlesy
10-04-2008, 11:48 AM
That is a pretty good question, but I really can't believe it's even an issue. Do all the farms really take out a loan every year so they can grow crops?

We obviously need the crops, so if no farmers had money to grow them, something would have to be done. I'd much prefer to see co-ops and farm-shares over a farm bailout though.

Well you have to split out mom and pop establishments that grow probably under $2 million worth of crops a year, from massive industrial farms who probably have borrowed heavily to fuel expansion, and from which the majority of crops are harvested.

Those are the ones that the world needs to potentially fear having issues.

At the same time, I am sure the gov't would nationalize them in a second if they started screaming.

Gov't farms anyone?

surf
10-04-2008, 11:53 AM
crop prices were high this year (and my tenant paid ridiculously low rent) so i think Cowelsy hit the nail on the head.

youtube?

nbruno322
10-04-2008, 11:55 AM
Youtube plzzzz!

Cowlesy
10-04-2008, 12:03 PM
Did you just see this on CNN???

Jon Voight is on right now being interviewed, and behind them there was an Obama supporter (it's a McCain rally) holding a sign, and someone ripped it out of their hands and a sea of people in red shirts/red hats with a single star on them got behind the shot.

WTF! Droids! All of them!

Highland
10-04-2008, 12:04 PM
obama is in Asheville, NC....he will be at the High School tomorrow...I was thinking of going.

Highland
10-04-2008, 12:06 PM
I don't know though.

cska80
10-04-2008, 12:06 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCBS9tnIx6Y

Is this it?

RSLudlum
10-04-2008, 12:08 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCBS9tnIx6Y

Is this it?

nah, that's last week.

Vote Waterman 2028
10-04-2008, 12:27 PM
That was a great one. Then Stephen Leeb keeps trying to say that Schiff is for total government control --- kind of funny since Schiff is a Libertarian.

he didnt say Schiff was for total government, but that if we do what schiff suggests, that we would have total government control. he made a well thought out argument (although i disagree), but it made me realize that either way, it seems that there will be total gov. control of the economy. One way we have currency that has value, the other we have no currency.

RJB
10-04-2008, 01:21 PM
bump for youtube:D

werdd
10-04-2008, 01:34 PM
Tube

RSLudlum
10-04-2008, 01:35 PM
What CNN show did they appear on??

frasu
10-04-2008, 01:49 PM
bump for youtube or cnn link

Malakai
10-04-2008, 01:49 PM
tube it tube it tube it

BeFranklin
10-04-2008, 02:00 PM

LOL

Lol

RSLudlum
10-04-2008, 02:01 PM
If it was on CNN's "Your Money" it will be re-airing at 6pm EST.

The Good Doctor
10-04-2008, 02:03 PM
OMFG! That is great. Even sig worthy!

LOL

RJB
10-04-2008, 02:04 PM
If it was on CNN's "Your Money" it will be re-airing at 6pm EST.

Thanks, I'll catch that for sure.

The Good Doctor
10-04-2008, 02:05 PM
Well if it is a local bank, that might be a whole different story. But that is great for you. Like Laura Ingalls used to say on the show. "Pa always said cash on the barrel!"

My family had a farm for 85 years. Not once did we need to use credit for anything.

The Good Doctor
10-04-2008, 02:07 PM
Ah, hadn't thought about that!

Well you have to split out mom and pop establishments that grow probably under $2 million worth of crops a year, from massive industrial farms who probably have borrowed heavily to fuel expansion, and from which the majority of crops are harvested.

Those are the ones that the world needs to potentially fear having issues.

At the same time, I am sure the gov't would nationalize them in a second if they started screaming.

Gov't farms anyone?

blocks
10-04-2008, 02:12 PM

LOL

BAHAHA!

I gotta see this

jmlfod87
10-04-2008, 02:21 PM
it's not that great, Leeb is talking over Schiff the whole time.

RJB
10-04-2008, 02:25 PM
it's not that great, Leeb is talking over Schiff the whole time.

That's what it seems like they always do to our movement. Since they can't refute it intellectually they get some shrill noise (in this case Leeb) to hold our ears and shout "NA NA NA NA NA NA" over the voice of reason.

nbruno322
10-04-2008, 03:00 PM
Here is part 2, part 1 is still uploading apparently

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMN5POiY0Ec

It would be a good idea to subscribe to this users youtube channel. He diligently posts every Peter Schiff video ASAP.

nbruno322
10-04-2008, 03:20 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2MYr1GcszY

Part 1,

nbruno322
10-04-2008, 03:29 PM
bumped!

werdd
10-04-2008, 03:42 PM
Peter wins with a cool head, as usual

nbruno322
10-04-2008, 03:47 PM
Leed is such a weasel. How could you give that man any amount of money to manage, let alone your life savings???

LibertyEagle
10-04-2008, 03:49 PM
Leeb is a dweeb.

RSLudlum
10-04-2008, 04:07 PM
Just watched it on CNN... Leeb is a crazy ass gnome!!! :D Jumping up n down, stamping his foot "Let Me Finish!!!"...LMFAO! Even as the segment ended and they went to commercial a short shot showed Schiff holding his hand out palm up looking at Leeb with a "WTF??" expression! :)

I still don't get Leeb's arguement that if we don't reliquish a little bit of control, we'll get more. Does he really believe that the government's power-grabbing fervor will quell after this bailout??

newbitech
10-04-2008, 04:43 PM
Just watched it on CNN... Leeb is a crazy ass gnome!!! :D Jumping up n down, stamping his foot "Let Me Finish!!!"...LMFAO! Even as the segment ended and they went to commercial a short shot showed Schiff holding his hand out palm up looking at Leeb with a "WTF??" expression! :)

I still don't get Leeb's arguement that if we don't reliquish a little bit of control, we'll get more. Does he really believe that the government's power-grabbing fervor will quell after this bailout??

ever seen the movie starship troopers? Leeb is the scientist/politician who finds it totally unbelievable that a "Brain Bug" could possible exist. Yet it did, and they caught it.

Conza88
10-04-2008, 05:28 PM
GOD fken damnit...

If he says ["I agree with you... BUT"] one more time.... I'll hit him in the fcken face.

Alawn
10-04-2008, 06:49 PM
This other guy is a complete ahole. I can't stand him. He starts screaming and wont allow Peter to say anything then gets upset if Peter wants to say anything while he is talking. He is literally going crazy. I would smack him if I was on tv with him. This makes me so mad! I could deal with the other guy being wrong if he let Patter talk.

Penners
10-04-2008, 07:01 PM
leeb: "bernanke spent his entire life studying the great depression!"

schiff: "he clearly wasted his time."

lol

+100

Mitt Romneys sideburns
10-04-2008, 07:09 PM
That was the greatest quote of all time.

max
10-04-2008, 07:14 PM
does leeb actually think that once government gets this massive amopunt of economic power that it will simply give it back after the crisis "is resolved"....???

maqsur
10-04-2008, 07:24 PM
Nice sequence... funny to hear that Lieb guy shouting "let me finish" even though he kept interrupting Peter.

I loved watching Lieb going into conniptions, I thought he might have a seizure!

Peter FTW

Malakai
10-04-2008, 07:38 PM
Just from descriptions of the guy, I think I recognize him from one a week or 2 ago. Little guy that looks like a troll right?

JRuc33
10-04-2008, 07:41 PM
Bernanke knows more about the Depression than any you ever will. Mabye you should read his papers before jumping to conclusions. I've read them all, and Rothbard's America's Great Depression. They both have flaws; they both make good points.

roho76
10-04-2008, 08:08 PM
Bernanke knows more about the Depression than any you ever will. Mabye you should read his papers before jumping to conclusions. I've read them all, and Rothbard's America's Great Depression. They both have flaws; they both make good points.

Ya I would have to argue against Petter Schiff too on this one. I believe he knows a lot about the Depression. Maybe a little to much I'd say. I mean who better to get us there if not the one who studied it his whole life. Smells of shit.

The_Orlonater
10-04-2008, 08:26 PM

Maybe, but he's only making it worse.

Drknows
10-04-2008, 08:37 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2MYr1GcszY

Part 1,

Damn that leeb guy is one annoying mo*** fuc***.

Schiff was cracking a smile when leeb was crying let me finish. haha he probably was thinking wtf is this little rat smoking

Carole
10-04-2008, 08:51 PM
So why is he repeating the mistakes of those who "tried" to mange the depression?

What we are doing is what Hitler did.

I submit our leaders are purposely trying to destory the dollar and our economy in order to forward their globalist agenda. Here comes the NAU.

We have already sent $800 billion in Ameros to China. DUH! OUr $2.3 trillion dollar debt to them will be partially paid with them $800 billion Ameros for $400 billion dollars.

kathy88
10-04-2008, 08:57 PM
Is it just me, or does LEEB remind you guys of Templeton the Rat in Charlotte's web?

Barney
10-04-2008, 10:02 PM
Damn that leeb guy is one annoying mo*** fuc***.

Schiff was cracking a smile when leeb was crying let me finish. haha he probably was thinking wtf is this little rat smoking

He reminds me of that pompous squeeky voice character in the movie "the Princess Bride" who thinks so highly of his own intellect and then got himself killed when he got outsmarted.

RSLudlum
10-04-2008, 10:10 PM
I think CNN likes this combo of Leeb vs. Schiff bc. Leeb is a complete psycho vs. Schiff the cool headed sane one. I kinda like the combo myself, quite entertaining, but I do hope the viewers are absorbing the knowledge Schifff is serving. ;)

rp4prez
10-04-2008, 10:35 PM
Leeb is a jack ass rude and doesn't listen to anyone... he's a tard!

RSLudlum
10-04-2008, 10:38 PM
this is the RPF description i'd give Leeb: :eek: :eek: :confused: :eek:

:p

CUnknown
10-04-2008, 10:44 PM
The scariest part of that interview was when Leeb didn't even try to argue that the bailout would solve the problem: "There may have to be more of these coming"

More $700 billion bailouts.. :eek:

Um ...

Any bets on what our national debt will be by the end of next year? Do I hear $15 trillion? $20 trillion?

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Talk about the cure being worse than the disease...

RSLudlum
10-04-2008, 10:51 PM
Um ...

Any bets on what our national debt will be by the end of next year? Do I hear $15 trillion? $20 trillion?

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Talk about the cure being worse than the disease...

Well...my personal debt will be only 1/2 of my mortage principle; that is if they don't try taking 80% of what I earn

eff em all, I'm doing right by my way, and they want more. :mad:

Vote Waterman 2028
10-04-2008, 10:54 PM
Ya I would have to argue against Petter Schiff too on this one. I believe he knows a lot about the Depression. Maybe a little to much I'd say. I mean who better to get us there if not the one who studied it his whole life. Smells of shit.

Thats exactly what i was thinking...

Drknows
10-04-2008, 11:52 PM

Your argument is flawed.

that's like the necons saying John Mccain knows how to win wars because he was a POW. Or the libs saying Obama knows more about the economy because he kept his mouth shut.

Paulson and Bernanke are either lying or incompetent. For the past year they have been saying everything is fine then *BAM* all of sudden they need 700 billion. If helicopter Ben was so smart he would've seen this coming before he even took the job.

I think i will side with the guys that have been right all along.

danberkeley
10-05-2008, 12:34 AM
They make a great point.

Assuming the premis that farmers wont be able to operate without credit, farmers wont be able to maintain their level of production. Long story short, there will be less food in the world while demand continues to grow, therefore, prices will rise.

So is that why Bernanke has been telling congress, for the past year, that the economy was doing fine? :D

smartguy911
10-05-2008, 01:17 AM
part 1 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2MYr1GcszY

part 2 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMN5POiY0Ec&feature=related

sirachman
10-05-2008, 01:33 AM
part 1 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2myr1gcszy

part 2 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emn5poiy0ec&feature=related

thanks!!!! :d

ClayTrainor
10-05-2008, 03:25 AM
part 1 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2MYr1GcszY

part 2 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMN5POiY0Ec&feature=related

Awesome, Peter drilled Leeb again...

notice how many times leeb said "I agree with you peter".

jonathans
10-05-2008, 08:32 AM
That guy Leeb is SO F-ing annoying. If that was on TV I would want to change the channel.
[headache]
I still hear his voice in my head now. sp-sp-sputtering...b-b-b-but Peeeterr!
Did you catch when after listening to Schiff for 10 seconds maybe he said something like,
"after hearing that sequence of statements, Peter's aurgument appeals to me a little bit more, but not enough. I still fervently disagree..."

If his OPINION can be swayed by a few of Schiff's statements in mere seconds, seems to me the are HOLES ALL IN HIS ARMOR. And he has the gall to monopolize the debate like that?
Listen again to the amount of time that he is actually making noises (sputtering, stuttering, grunting, talking, yapping). There were very FEW times that he was actually silent! Ass.

Did anyone else notice that Peter's mic was mixed lower. Leeb's sounded like the mic was on his throat. Schiff's sounded like his mic was ACROSS THE ROOM!! Obvious!