PDA

View Full Version : Baldwin, For Better Or For Worse

Bradley in DC
10-04-2008, 10:41 AM
http://www.nolanchart.com/article5112.html

newyearsrevolution08
10-04-2008, 10:48 AM
Baldwin has my vote either way, if Ron Paul was a write in I would go that route.

Alawn
10-04-2008, 02:07 PM
http://www.nolanchart.com/article5112.html

Why can't you post pro Barr stuff if you like him instead of posting anti Baldwin stuff?

Bradley in DC
10-04-2008, 02:52 PM
Why can't you post pro Barr stuff if you like him instead of posting anti Baldwin stuff?

This isn't any "anti Baldwin stuff" but the same analysis I'm giving all of the four main minor party candidates. If anything, my estimate inflated Baldwin's support by a factor of nine since I didn't offset the egregious sampling error in favor of the minor parties in the scientific poll. If you want to make a true correction, consider that the poll estimated that 1% of the general public are CP members when the CP gets a MUCH smaller percentage in elections. That kind of adjustment in the sampling error would give Baldwin a VERY low estimated turnout.

For this column to compensate for the lack of Baldwin's inclusion in the polls, I solicited more information from pro-Baldwin friends who sent me info. I included all of those arguments. If you know of any polls including Baldwin I missed, please bring them to my attention. One polling aggregate site even started a placeholder for Baldwin, but to date there have been no relevant polls for them to post.

Nader's is finished and will get published tomorrow. I'm still trying to track down best estimates on Barr's ballot info for his on Monday.

Alawn
10-04-2008, 04:04 PM
Posting that Baldwin or any other of the 3rd party candidates don't have much support is annoying. If you like Barr post why he is good. And it is anti Baldwin stuff. Just because you also posted anti McKinney and anti Nader stuff doesn't change this. This is just meant to discourage people from voting for them because you want us to think it isn't worth it. This is the look he doesn't have much support so don't vote for him argument. It's not like Barr will win anyway. Barr and Nader will probably both get about 1% regardless of what you think or what your polls say. Baldwin and McKinney might get .5%. Who cares what the polling numbers are? We aren't voting for who we think will win. We are voting for who we like the most.

mitty
10-04-2008, 04:31 PM

why don't mccain and the republicans make pro-mccain ads instead of ones that just bash obama? because their candidate has nothing good to be promoted. the same logic can be applied in this situation.

LibertyEagle
10-04-2008, 04:41 PM
why don't mccain and the republicans make pro-mccain ads instead of ones that just bash obama? because their candidate has nothing good to be promoted. the same logic can be applied in this situation.

:D

Bradley in DC
10-05-2008, 08:34 AM
Posting that Baldwin or any other of the 3rd party candidates don't have much support is annoying. If you like Barr post why he is good. And it is anti Baldwin stuff. Just because you also posted anti McKinney and anti Nader stuff doesn't change this. This is just meant to discourage people from voting for them because you want us to think it isn't worth it. This is the look he doesn't have much support so don't vote for him argument. It's not like Barr will win anyway. Barr and Nader will probably both get about 1% regardless of what you think or what your polls say. Baldwin and McKinney might get .5%. Who cares what the polling numbers are? We aren't voting for who we think will win. We are voting for who we like the most.

None of them are "my" polls.

You comment a lot on my threads that you profess not to care about...

Based on what, exactly, are you basing your arguments on your election predictions? That is exactly the thread topic.

JosephTheLibertarian
10-05-2008, 08:38 AM

I didn't see you complain about the anti-barr articles. hypocrite?