PDA

View Full Version : physical gold

kaberUSA
10-04-2008, 09:36 AM
I just read this article http://www.marketoracle.co.uk/Article6614.html

So in theory, the United States should see hyper-inflation but since we are the world currency we get to export a lot of our inflation. After reading the article, the author does bring up some good points..

Have any of you thought about actually buying physical gold? I was thinking about buying some once the price dropped to 730 $ but it never came down that low and then sky rocketed to where it is today :/ Buying ETF has crossed my mind, but with insurance companies shutting down there is a good chance the ETF's might have their own problems.

Any of yall waiting for the price to come down to make a purchase.
I think 750 will be my buy target. Managed to save up enough for a few gold coins, might drop some money to buy some Canadian Maples.

ShowMeLiberty
10-04-2008, 09:45 AM
Take a look through the Economics & Sound Money forum: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=204

You will find many threads answering your questions. :)

kaberUSA
10-04-2008, 09:50 AM
Right now the dollar is up against a basket of currencies though. Gold prices should hopefully come back down and I will buy

Dr.3D
10-04-2008, 10:28 AM
Right now the dollar is up against a basket of currencies though. Gold prices should hopefully come back down and I will buy

If and when the U.S. Dollar drops, the price of the precious metals will go up not down.

kaberUSA
10-05-2008, 08:06 AM
If and when the U.S. Dollar drops, the price of the precious metals will go up not down.

Yea, but in practice everyone is going to run towards the US dollar becuase if is the safe haven the world has had for several decades now. We currently are seeing a dollar rally, but I think this is a suckers rally

Dr.3D
10-05-2008, 08:09 AM
Yea, but in practice everyone is going to run towards the US dollar becuase if is the safe haven the world has had for several decades now. We currently are seeing a dollar rally, but I think this is a suckers rally

It is a false rally, more than likely caused by the Plunge Protection Team and the Central Banks of other countries buying U.S. Dollars to prop up the U.S. Dollar.

kaberUSA
10-05-2008, 08:14 AM
It is a false rally, more than likely caused by the Plunge Protection Team and the Central Banks of other countries buying U.S. Dollars to prop up the U.S. Dollar.

That definitely is a possibility; the central banks will work together to try to prop up prices. It's kind of amazing what you can do when you control the money supply.

Ozwest
10-05-2008, 08:15 AM
I just read this article http://www.marketoracle.co.uk/Article6614.html

So in theory, the United States should see hyper-inflation but since we are the world currency we get to export a lot of our inflation. After reading the article, the author does bring up some good points..

Have any of you thought about actually buying physical gold? I was thinking about buying some once the price dropped to 730 $ but it never came down that low and then sky rocketed to where it is today :/ Buying ETF has crossed my mind, but with insurance companies shutting down there is a good chance the ETF's might have their own problems.

Any of yall waiting for the price to come down to make a purchase.
I think 750 will be my buy target. Managed to save up enough for a few gold coins, might drop some money to buy some Canadian Maples.

You are a midget.

Swagger all you want, but reality will bite you.

Good Luck, boy wonder.

kaberUSA
10-05-2008, 08:18 AM
You are a midget.

Swagger all you want, but reality will bite you.

Good Luck, boy wonder.

I think $750 is a decent buy target. It not 300, but I don't think will see it come down that much for some time.

Ozwest
10-05-2008, 08:31 AM
I think $750 is a decent buy target. It not 300, but I don't think will see it come down that much for some time.

I am not a font,

Let's re evaluate on a quarterly basis.

Then determine outcomes.

Ozwest
10-05-2008, 08:32 AM
Game?

Dr.3D
10-05-2008, 09:07 AM
Looking at this chart, it doesn't look like gold will be going that much lower in the near future.

http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg202/DrThreeDee/GoldSpotVsUSDI.gif

Ozwest
10-05-2008, 09:22 AM
I'm buying gold now..

I sold gold over 14 months ago.

Make your own decisions.

LibertyEagle
10-05-2008, 09:26 AM
kaber...

The thing that you might not be thinking about, is that the premium on coins (both gold and silver) is going up, as the spot price is declining. You may want to think about buying some now, while it is still available.

Just my opinion.

Ozwest
10-05-2008, 09:27 AM
When the shit hits the fan...

Where are you gonna go?

Later... Swoop on Real Estate and undervalued stocks.