PDA

View Full Version : Credit markets to Washington: Bailout isn't enough

Lucille
10-04-2008, 09:01 AM
The ink on that abomination wasn't even dry and the Wall Street Welfare Queens were begging for more:

Credit markets to Washington: Bailout isn't enough (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081003/ap_on_bi_ge/credit_markets;_ylt=AmDmVgL_7YlfdBJjvfPPSYqyBhIF)

NEW YORK - The credit markets finally got a bailout bill, but the stranglehold hasn't let up — a troubling sign that lenders and investors believe the package will only be a baby step in the long road to economic recovery.

[...]

Overall, market participants have begun regarding the rescue plan as a medicine for what's ailing the financial system, but not a cure-all.

"At best, we can hope that it stems some of the more intense risk from the credit crisis. It prevents things from spiraling out of hand here," said JPMorgan Chase economist Michael Feroli.

Some are worried, though, that the plan will not work at all.

"Nobody knows how it's going to succeed," said Howard Simons, strategist with Bianco Research in Chicago. "It seems the American public had better sense than Wall Street and Washington — the American public said, don't throw good money after bad."

(cont)

But our Dear Leaders know better than us! We're just ignorant plebs, after all.

ShowMeLiberty
10-04-2008, 09:21 AM
http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r304/webby65/smilies/8031.gif

I can't even find words for how this makes me feel.

RJB
10-04-2008, 09:33 AM
I thought they'd wait a few weeks at least before whining!

awake
10-04-2008, 09:36 AM
We're kind of like the little kid being bullied for our lunch money... the day is coming .

ihsv
10-04-2008, 09:38 AM
Hyperinflation, here we come! :)

Truth Warrior
10-04-2008, 09:40 AM
And the precedent has now been set. :p :rolleyes:

zach
10-04-2008, 09:42 AM
Vampires. They aren't reptiles. They're vampires.

cjhowe
10-04-2008, 09:50 AM
Settle down, Treasury hasn't cut the ransom check to the Chinese and Saudis yet. Once it clears, the credit markets will be fine until another one of our spy planes gets shot down.

mconder
10-04-2008, 10:14 AM
"a troubling sign that lenders and investors believe the package will only be a baby step in the long road to economic recovery"

WTF?! Why don't we just get it over with and make all property state owned.

Lucille
10-04-2008, 10:25 AM
WTF?! Why don't we just get it over with and make all property state owned.

You just know the Democrats are licking their chops (http://american.com/archive/2008/october-10-08/main-street-vs-wall-street):

The reality is that the Paulson plan is nothing more than a government assistance package for a declining industry. It has been embraced eagerly by Democratic politicians who welcome the enhanced power they will enjoy as a result of merging Big Finance with Big Government.

Why does GWB hate conservatism and America?

HOLLYWOOD
10-04-2008, 12:19 PM
It's only about a 5-6% help...

So Paulson and the Corrupt Washington Cronies... where's the other...say 20-25% to truly stablizing the financial sector going to come from?

Inflation Taxes,
Bank Fees increases (you indirect pay)

Every intelligent informed voter in the right mind would vote ANY Corrupt DC hack from EVER serving in CONGRESS again!

BeFranklin
10-04-2008, 01:15 PM
AIG is about to ask for more too. I saw the article last night.

HOLLYWOOD
10-04-2008, 01:20 PM
AIG is about to ask for more too. I saw the article last night.

TOO BIG TO FAIL... that's the idea!

jkm1864
10-04-2008, 01:40 PM
Hey look on the bright side all debts will more than likely be canceled when the Amero comes.

Zolah
10-04-2008, 01:49 PM
The welfare junkies need another HIT and it needs to be bigger next time.

HOLLYWOOD
10-04-2008, 02:11 PM
Hey look on the bright side all debts will more than likely be canceled when the Amero comes.

EXCEPT:

If you are American and OWE the IRS... uh, I mean the U.S. Treasury!

The government forgives themselves and corporate American.

Not the individual... because WEALTH dictates the policies to those Pandering Puppet Hacks in Washington DC.