PDA

View Full Version : The impact of our movement...

Son of Detroit
10-04-2008, 05:40 AM
On another forum I post at, a very liberal Obama supporter is solid in his beliefs that our movement will have absolutely no effect on politics.

He says that the Republican Party needs to move further left in order to start winning elections.

I obviously disagree with him, in my opinion in order to start winning elections the Republican Party needs to move further RIGHT. Into the true old school conservative wing, aka the Ron Paul section.

What are some things that I can throw at him proving my point? This dude really ticks me off, and I'd like to stick it to him. I'm also the only RP supporter on the forum, the majority are Obama supporters with like one or two McCain supporters.

moostraks
10-04-2008, 06:06 AM
In my area in Ohio, Pittsburgh just the other day when I went there, and 3-4 months after the primaries in Georgia and Alabama (yeah I get around a little :D) I see Ron Paul signs still out in yards and on cars. How many times have you seen that level of dedication from a non-front runner (according to msm) after the primaries??? This is because people loved the principles that he represents. We aren't going away. I am, at least once every two weeks or so, getting flagged down or have notes left on my Ron Paul van which has huge Ron Paul signs on her. In fact was flagged twice this week and had a note left on my car- all THIS WEEK!!! He is the one who has the hard truth but the right answers to fix a broken economic system. Even if we are operating within a broken society by applying certain principals we will be retraining future generations to escape the stranglehold of government, albeit slowly, while Obama or McCain will be just more of the same. They will be the ones who fade into oblivian as we will be telling stories to our grandchildren of a man who inspired us to fight the machine of political tyranny.(That is if one of the other two doesn't cause the destruction of mankind,but then future generations are a mute factor :o)

The difference with Obama and Ron Paul is that Obama is seen as a messiah so there is great faith in what he will do for them, while Ron Paul empowers us in what we can do for ourselves. We don't depend on someone to do things in which you can only reap the strength and efforts of one person, but instead have a legion of followers with similar ideals who are now emboldened with their own capacity to make a change. One person has to work within the system and you never see signifigant change, many people can chip away from the outside, and while the process may be slow still you will at least see the effects of the movement.

Furthermore, we are already classified in political realms by certain ideals that personify us-Ron Paul supporters. Obama and McCain are just mainstream individuals that currently represent their respective party. Obama supporters are voting for Obama or democrat, McCain suppporters are voting for McCain or republican but the media still calls us Ron Paul supporters, now why is that? Shouldn't we have faded into oblivian after the nomination in September?? Why are we still seen as a group especially considering we come from various political ideologies??
These are all off the top of my head before coffee but if I think of any more and have time I'll try to post!!!!:D

Bossobass
10-04-2008, 06:22 AM
Ron Paul has caused the bankers, who really are the ones who control our government, to accelerate their plans for complete control.

In 2006, they lobbied to get The Financial Services Regulatory Relief Act passed. In that Bill, in section 203, is a clause that reduces a bank's requirement to hold a percentage of cash against deposits from 3% to ZERO, effective October 1, 2011.

In the Bailout Bill that was just passed, they succeeded in sliding in the following:

‘‘Emergency Economic Stabilization Act of 2008’’
SEC. 128. ACCELERATION OF EFFECTIVE DATE.
Section 203 of the Financial Services Regulatory Relief Act of 2006 (12 U.S.C. 461 note) is amended by striking ‘‘October 1, 2011’’ and inserting ‘‘October 1, 2008’’.

That means it went into effect the day before the Bill was passed. Also:

this section is amended—
(1) in subsection (b)(2)(A), by striking “the ratio of 3 per centum” and inserting “a ratio of not greater than 3 percent (and which may be zero)” in clause (i) and by striking “and not less than 8 per centum,” and inserting “(and which may be zero),” in clause (ii);

It means that your bank can simply tell you that they have no cash, try again later, when you go there to withdraw your money. ZERO reserves required. Effective last Thursday.

There is no doubt in my mind that the Bailout Bill was defeated in the first round because of RP's influence on this election cycle. There is no doubt in my mind that bankers have accelerated their timetables because of the rate of education from RP's campaign.

They couldn't chance this Bailout and other things like attaching the ACCELERATION OF EFFECTIVE DATE clause, and they also couldn't chance waiting until 2011 because of RP's influence, IMO.

There is equally no doubt in my mind that Obama's success has a lot to do with his support for and support from these bankers.

Obama leads the league in donations from Wall Street banks, and has since the first quarter of 2007, receiving more money from Wall Street than New Yorkers Clinton and Giuliani.

It remains to be seen what sort of Congress will face the new POTUS because of RP's influence in the coming election. If the usual 90% of incumbents are re-elected, then RP had little influence. It appears that the bankers aren't so sure. We shall see.

Bosso

constituent
10-04-2008, 06:30 AM
Ron Paul has caused the bankers, who really are the ones who control our government, to accelerate their plans for complete control.

In 2006, they lobbied to get The Financial Services Regulatory Relief Act passed. In that Bill, in section 203, is a clause that reduces a bank's requirement to hold a percentage of cash against deposits from 3% to ZERO, effective October 1, 2011.

In the Bailout Bill that was just passed, they succeeded in sliding in the following:

It means that your bank can simply tell you that they have no cash, try again later, when you go there to withdraw your money. ZERO reserves required. Effective last Thursday.

There is no doubt in my mind that the Bailout Bill was defeated in the first round because of RP's influence on this election cycle. There is no doubt in my mind that bankers have accelerated their timetables because of the rate of education from RP's campaign.

They couldn't chance this Bailout and other things like attaching the ACCELERATION OF EFFECTIVE DATE clause, and they also couldn't chance waiting until 2011 because of RP's influence, IMO.

There is equally no doubt in my mind that Obama's success has a lot to do with his support for and support from these bankers.

you betcha, great post.

liberteebell
10-04-2008, 06:34 AM
On another forum I post at, a very liberal Obama supporter is solid in his beliefs that our movement will have absolutely no effect on politics.

He says that the Republican Party needs to move further left in order to start winning elections.

I obviously disagree with him, in my opinion in order to start winning elections the Republican Party needs to move further RIGHT. Into the true old school conservative wing, aka the Ron Paul section.

What are some things that I can throw at him proving my point? This dude really ticks me off, and I'd like to stick it to him. I'm also the only RP supporter on the forum, the majority are Obama supporters with like one or two McCain supporters.

Tell him to get out of the false left-right, republicrat paradigm and start seeking The Truth, especially regarding our monetary system and the Fed. Then, he can get back to you.

Bern
10-04-2008, 07:04 AM
12 U.S.C. 461(b)(2)(A) (http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/html/uscode12/usc_sec_12_00000461----000-.html):

(A) Each depository institution shall maintain reserves against its transaction accounts as the Board may prescribe by regulation solely for the purpose of implementing monetary policy—

12 U.S.C. 461(b)(2)(B) specifies reserve requirements for nonpersonal time deposits.

What is the difference between transaction accounts and nonpersonal time deposits?

freelance
10-04-2008, 07:19 AM

Good observation. I agree completely.

JohnMeridith
10-04-2008, 07:33 AM
There is no logical argument to prove anything to a liberal. They tend to only get emotional when logic is applied. They are ridiculous.

Bossobass
10-04-2008, 07:57 AM
12 U.S.C. 461(b)(2)(A) (http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/html/uscode12/usc_sec_12_00000461----000-.html):

12 U.S.C. 461(b)(2)(B) specifies reserve requirements for nonpersonal time deposits.

What is the difference between transaction accounts and nonpersonal time deposits?

Time deposits, including money market deposit accounts, held by a depositor other than an individual. Nonpersonal time deposits include term savings accounts owned by corporations, deposits representing the proceeds of a promissory note or banker's acceptance, deposits owned by Edge Act Corporations and Agreement Corporations, and deposits owned by foreign banks.

The term “transaction account” means a deposit or account on which the depositor or account holder is permitted to make withdrawals by negotiable or transferable instrument, payment orders of withdrawal, telephone transfers, or other similar items for the purpose of making payments or transfers to third persons or others. Such term includes demand deposits, negotiable order of withdrawal accounts, savings deposits subject to automatic transfers, and share draft accounts.

Transaction accounts are basically bank accounts of all sorts, held by individuals.

Bosso

TheTyke
10-04-2008, 08:36 AM
I too feel that our enemies have tried to accelerate their plans because of our movement. But as they said in Lord of the Rings (I think): "The hasty blow goes most oft astray."

We still have a long way to go, but we have cost them some of their strategic advantage. People are waking up a bit faster now.

freelance
10-04-2008, 09:06 AM
I too feel that our enemies have tried to accelerate their plans because of our movement. But as they said in Lord of the Rings (I think): "The hasty blow goes most oft astray."

We still have a long way to go, but we have cost them some of their strategic advantage. People are waking up a bit faster now.

Tired old cliche says, "Haste makes waste"--kind of like the bailout.

parke
10-04-2008, 09:21 AM
Here is a great way to get the point across:

1. Open hand and point at palm.
2. Bitch smack some sense into him.
3. Repeat often.

worl
10-04-2008, 09:28 AM
I'm afraid it may be already too late. What I have seen this past year is nothing but communism. They control everything, even now the vote. I believe the few patriots we have now are being threatned. Last week our rep.'s were threatned if they did'nt give them the money. They have Ignored our campaign. They ignored our convention. They ignored the protest in washington. We probably are all listed as terriorist. I have constantly sent letters, signed petitions, put out signs & people still don't listen. I never thought I would ever see this in my lifetime. Looks like obama or mccain will be the next pres. so what efect have I had. These people understand nothing but force & I'm not a violent person but now these people are robbing me & my children. Ron mentioned civil disobediance & I believe it is the only thing they will respond to.

Thomas_Paine
10-04-2008, 09:35 AM

Obama leads the league in donations from Wall Street banks, and has since the first quarter of 2007, receiving more money from Wall Street than New Yorkers Clinton and Giuliani.

It remains to be seen what sort of Congress will face the new POTUS because of RP's influence in the coming election. If the usual 90% of incumbents are re-elected, then RP had little influence. It appears that the bankers aren't so sure. We shall see.

Bosso

great observations

StudentForPaul08
10-04-2008, 09:51 AM
I say the Republican party must move RIGHT, than UP!

Anti Federalist
10-04-2008, 10:11 AM

Bosso

Good info, nice catch Bosso!

newyearsrevolution08
10-04-2008, 10:41 AM

Spend more time locating those who have not already drawn a line in the sand, would be my first suggestion.

Here is the reasoning. Try and convince me to vote for obama or mccain and I will tell you where you can go... Why would you assume people who support other candidates who are "Active" would not be the same?

They are backing their candidate wrong right or indifferent. I can see that from your description of him.

He is a party voter, because all he is trying to give you "Advice" about is how the republican PARTY needs to do this or that to win... LOL.

Let him be his party voter and locate someone who is NOT in politics and chat with them. I just don't see the point in trying to "Get" someone or prove them wrong or try and convert those who don't want to be converted.

All you can do is give solid facts that show why mccain AND obama are wrong for this country and tell the guy WHY and move on. Odds are he will talk about health care, troops and even the economy AND when he does there are plenty of answers for them.

For instance..

So how is obama going to afford his universal health care? taxes...

Wait and see what they say about HOW they are going to pay for it. For instance of course the poor children and struggling families NEED insurance, hell there are many people in NEED but if you CANT afford it then what the hell are you doing trying to buy something.

Spend within your means. If you need a handout then go to a church, charity or rich person.

So obama is going to bring the troops home? (some STILL believe this) let them talk on this topic because it AMAZES me how an obama can go on and on about how we need our troops home from war and how obama is going to bring the CHANGE to make it happen. Once you let them know about how he wants even MORE troops than mccain wants in some countries they start to look at you funny, almost as though they have or are being lied to.

porcupine
10-04-2008, 03:02 PM
He's right. The populace is getting more liberal which means that both parties will move that direction. The Ron Paul R3VOLution is too dispersed to have a real impact at this point. We need to unite.

speciallyblend
10-04-2008, 03:13 PM
if mccain wins the election,then he is very much right...