PDA

View Full Version : ronpaulforums is awesome ...but

westmich4paul
10-04-2008, 12:10 AM
I love this site. It gives like minded people that believe in the way Washington has screwed us a way to discuss ways and unite and create ways to promote change in the way our government does business.

But just like groups like this and the c4l and such I think there is one problem that is we uite each other but grow our thinking and changing the minds of people that have fed into the system at a small rate compared to what we could be doing individually. I am not proposing we let go of ay of our current systems of getting like minds to get together discuss and try to create change not just in the Republican Party as in the case of the C4L, and not in the case here on ron paulforums.com where we bring in conservative Democrats, Libertarians, Constitutionalists, ect.

I am offering a suggestion to everyone here to try to do what I am doing right here in West Michigan. Now those of you who are not familiar with West Michigan I will tell you it is a very, very conservative and very neo-conservative area. Mostly Neo-Conservative because of the brainwashing that has been done by that wing of the Party over the past 15 yrs. So West Michigan is a very tough sell for any talk about Third Parties, about Ron Paul because of his war stance, ect.

So what I have been doingand I hope everyone here is to go to your local news web pages. In West Michigan it is www.wzzm13.com and www.woodtv.com and I have been getting on the topix boards or the talk back boards where people can comment on news segments or just make up their own discussions about any topic they so choose.

Everyday I try to plug at least 3 new discussions about, how the 2 party system is both at fault why not third party options? Or house votes for bailout plan this is taxation without representation since I know by the polls on this site alone your congressman/woman and senator didn't ven listen to you. I add youtube clips of Rons speeches on the huse floor about the bailout packages aswell as other good congressmen/women like McCotter. Democrat Marcy Kaptur, as well as others.

Everysingle day I plug at least three new discussions about what we th voters can do to change this corrupt system, how voting tird party is not a lost vote, ect. I believe I am having an effect because everytime I do this I see new people coming in and discussng the possibilities of my subject matter.

If we all did this in every place we live, Plug things like RonPaulforums.com, campaignforliberty.com, add youtube videos of speeches given by both sides of the aisles from good congressmen/women and let people know if your Representitive from your districtvoted es on this bill that overwhelmily was not suported locally then they need to go and we cannot just replace them with another partisan canidate that would do the same thing but consider a third party candidate I think we really could start to get the sheep out there thinking much faster. We have al the tools we need record job losses, govt not listening to it's constituants, endless spending with money coming from nowhere, ect.

So I ask all of you to take 15 minutes a day and get on your local tv websites, get into the discussion rooms and create topixs that we would usually be discussing here because here we are preaching to the chir but there we are educated the uneducated. Thank You, sorry it was soo long but I just wanted to get my point out.

God Bless all of us American's who have been awakened, let's wake up more!

phoenixrising
10-04-2008, 12:46 AM
I love this site. It gives like minded people that believe in the way Washington has screwed us a way to discuss ways and unite and create ways to promote change in the way our government does business.

But just like groups like this and the c4l and such I think there is one problem that is we uite each other but grow our thinking and changing the minds of people that have fed into the system at a small rate compared to what we could be doing individually. I am not proposing we let go of ay of our current systems of getting like minds to get together discuss and try to create change not just in the Republican Party as in the case of the C4L, and not in the case here on ron paulforums.com where we bring in conservative Democrats, Libertarians, Constitutionalists, ect.

I am offering a suggestion to everyone here to try to do what I am doing right here in West Michigan. Now those of you who are not familiar with West Michigan I will tell you it is a very, very conservative and very neo-conservative area. Mostly Neo-Conservative because of the brainwashing that has been done by that wing of the Party over the past 15 yrs. So West Michigan is a very tough sell for any talk about Third Parties, about Ron Paul because of his war stance, ect.

So what I have been doingand I hope everyone here is to go to your local news web pages. In West Michigan it is www.wzzm13.com (http://www.wzzm13.com) and www.woodtv.com (http://www.woodtv.com) and I have been getting on the topix boards or the talk back boards where people can comment on news segments or just make up their own discussions about any topic they so choose.

Everyday I try to plug at least 3 new discussions about, how the 2 party system is both at fault why not third party options? Or house votes for bailout plan this is taxation without representation since I know by the polls on this site alone your congressman/woman and senator didn't ven listen to you. I add youtube clips of Rons speeches on the huse floor about the bailout packages aswell as other good congressmen/women like McCotter. Democrat Marcy Kaptur, as well as others.

Everysingle day I plug at least three new discussions about what we th voters can do to change this corrupt system, how voting tird party is not a lost vote, ect. I believe I am having an effect because everytime I do this I see new people coming in and discussng the possibilities of my subject matter.

If we all did this in every place we live, Plug things like RonPaulforums.com, campaignforliberty.com, add youtube videos of speeches given by both sides of the aisles from good congressmen/women and let people know if your Representitive from your districtvoted es on this bill that overwhelmily was not suported locally then they need to go and we cannot just replace them with another partisan canidate that would do the same thing but consider a third party candidate I think we really could start to get the sheep out there thinking much faster. We have al the tools we need record job losses, govt not listening to it's constituants, endless spending with money coming from nowhere, ect.

So I ask all of you to take 15 minutes a day and get on your local tv websites, get into the discussion rooms and create topixs that we would usually be discussing here because here we are preaching to the chir but there we are educated the uneducated. Thank You, sorry it was soo long but I just wanted to get my point out.

God Bless all of us American's who have been awakened, let's wake up more!

good job ..& great post!!! ;)

Dave39168
10-04-2008, 12:47 AM
good job friend. I honestly believe people are waking up. SLOOOOOWLY. I hope We the people can take this country back before its to late. Just keep doing your thing. I take a more personal approach. I talk truth to all my friends, family, classmates, and coworkers. I find you've got to take it slow to be effective. People are coming around, slowly.

DirtMcGirt
10-04-2008, 07:28 AM
*Operation Mongoose*
- I check out my hometown news at pennlive.com and I occasionally post on their forums in their "interact" , "politics" section. Lots of posters from across the state. ( I post teaspoons of an anti-neocon perspective)

- While searching out some info concerning oregon i found out they have the same logins on their site -no additional passwords(now every few days ill contribute to a thread)

-not sure how many newspaper or "state" live.com sites out there(need to do some research)

- to get our message of liberty and awaken We the People- "OPERATION MONGOOSE" -throw in a occasional comment on these forums addressing Liberty views at your leisure

-same logins for all these local sites...

http://www.oregonlive.com/
http://www.al.com/
http://www.cleveland.com/
http://www.masslive.com/
http://www.mlive.com/
http://www.nj.com/
http://www.nola.com/
http://www.silive.com/
http://www.syracuse.com/

mconder
10-04-2008, 08:14 AM
This is a great idea.

tropicangela
10-04-2008, 09:31 AM
Something just came to me when I woke up.

I was on Aimee Allen's myspace page last night and very moved looking at the photos of her with Ron Paul and all the cute captions she wrote. I recently watched the Rally for the Republic video on the CFL website and the music was a huge part of the mood and motivation along with the message of freedom and liberty. We talk about what songs represent our feelings about the current events. Alex Jones is relying on music to get him through his shows.

Major musicians have helped causes in the past and performed at major events., but we don't necessarily need big major musicians just like we don't need big federal government. We need to break the chains, though. We know that we rule the Internet and we need to take it to the streets to impact more people at a local level.

How about "Operation Local Musicians?" Music brings people together. It's part of our everyday lives. Musicians are already comfortable with being in front of large groups of people and communicating with them. They have access to a lot of places and maybe they could be inspired to write some revolutionary songs, urge liberty and Constitution lovers to run for office, and pass out CD's and brochures/postcards to help spread the message (with copies of our Constitution.)

I'm thinking about the local meetup groups though... our Ron Paul group changed to the Republican Liberty Caucus. The Republican part of it could put new revolutionaries off. I think we should keep the RLC, but could we all make additional meetup groups called "Restore the Republic (insert city here) specifically for new recruits associated with restoring the constitution and liberty?

Musicians are so diverse and could reach a wide range of cultures. Maybe we could even find a way to reach high school musicians/bands. Some of them play at coffee shops or whatnot.

If we contact our local musicians and try to get to know them, maybe we could help educate them on what the hell is happening to our Constitution and how we must restore it. Then in the warmer months, maybe we could get them all together for a big shindig locally.

This wouldn't be about a particular candidate (that can be messy territory for a musician,) it's about the message and getting people motivated to act on change, not expect a centralized big government/president to do it all. People outside the Revolution that I talk to sound confused with what's happening and they don't seem to think anyone knows "what to do."

Thoughts? Is this dumb? Has this been thought of before?

tropicangela
10-04-2008, 11:08 AM
Music is popular?

Arklatex
10-04-2008, 01:29 PM
Great work, the gorilla grassroots is our biggest strength.

LIBERTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

westmich4paul
10-04-2008, 02:32 PM
good job friend. I honestly believe people are waking up. SLOOOOOWLY. I hope We the people can take this country back before its to late. Just keep doing your thing. I take a more personal approach. I talk truth to all my friends, family, classmates, and coworkers. I find you've got to take it slow to be effective. People are coming around, slowly.

I do this also on the personal level, friends, family, co-workers in general conversation but the internet provides you the tool to get out there in places you cannot get personally in your community all the time. So I do both, but I just think if everyone did this we could wake the sheep up alot quicker. I mean Washington itself is doing a fine job we just need to steer them into the proper direction.