PDA

View Full Version : Hawks Getting Splintered on Message

MozoVote
09-06-2007, 01:28 AM
Ron's exchange with Huckabee also caused Huckabee to inadvertantly admit that the war is not going well, with the "we bought it when we broke it" comment, (a bit of a turn of phrase from Colin Powell ... who warned W Bush that'd own a broken Iraq if he went in.) It struck me as a sly admission from Huckabee, that there is a mess to clean up.

Romney simply sounded out of his league. An inexperienced civilian, talking about military progress and solutions. I'm glad Paul snuck in the mention of serving 5 years in the Air Force. Romney is almost as foolish as Dukakkis was, riding in that tank in 1988.

MCain picked up at least a few scraps of decency again, by speaking against torture. Maybe he really can stay in the race to New Hampshire.

Slugg
09-06-2007, 01:32 AM
Ron's exchange with Huckabee also caused Huckabee to inadvertantly admit that the war is not going well, with the "we bought it when we broke it" comment, (a bit of a turn of phrase from Colin Powell ... who warned W Bush that'd own a broken Iraq if he went in.) It struck me as a sly admission from Huckabee, that there is a mess to clean up.

Romney simply sounded out of his league. An inexperienced civilian, talking about military progress and solutions. I'm glad Paul snuck in the mention of serving 5 years in the Air Force. Romney is almost as foolish as Dukakkis was, riding in that tank in 1988.

MCain picked up at least a few scraps of decency again, by speaking against torture. Maybe he really can stay in the race to New Hampshire.

McCain will stay till the end. I expect a Hunter and Tancredo endorsement at some point in the next couple of months though. We'll see.

fj45lvr
09-06-2007, 01:34 AM
McCain stated that the Party had made several mistakes and IRAQ was one of them (though he did not define it specifically).....

chon
09-06-2007, 01:34 AM
you would think that some of these guys would start dropping like flies and backing ron paul, i hope this is the case!

LibertyEagle
09-06-2007, 01:43 AM
McCain will stay till the end. I expect a Hunter and Tancredo endorsement at some point in the next couple of months though. We'll see.

I wonder if they'll endorse Ron though, because of the war. I really don't know.

fj45lvr
09-06-2007, 01:51 AM
I doubt any of them endorse Paul when dropping out....it would not politically do anything for them and you know they will think of the future.....

Hopefully Paul if not elected would maintain his House seat.

john_anderson_ii
09-06-2007, 01:51 AM
McCain stated that the Party had made several mistakes and IRAQ was one of them (though he did not define it specifically).....

As an Arizonan I love McCain. He's our Senator and the Oval Office can't have him! :D

Seriously though, he's a good guy. I would be a McCain supporter if it weren't for Ron Paul. Not as dedicated with my time and wallet, and not as enthusiastic, but a supporter nonetheless. In the land of the blind the one-eye is king. Fortunately Dr. Paul has both eyes wide open with a brain backing them up.

There are all sorts of issues you guys have with McCain, I have those same issues, and I've corresponded with his office about them. However, compared to Rudy, Romney, Huckabee and the rest of the clueless bunch, he's a pretty bright penny.

james1906
09-06-2007, 01:52 AM
Tancredo was saying some things that stuck out. Stating his opposition to the troop surge, not wanting troops doing policing roles, and stating he wants to withdraw soon(even though he wants troops in neighboring countries). Granted, he still thinks torture is great, even though water boarding isn't torture to him and he thinks 'radical Islam' is off to get us regardless of what we do. However, I sensed he's getting fed up with the war, and he's already at odds with the administration, so he has no favors to give. I could easily see a nomination now more than ever.