PDA

View Full Version : I want a Divorce!

Anti Federalist
10-03-2008, 10:39 PM
Lots of angry people, lots of angry talk, which is good and has been needing to happen for a while now.

But make sure it gets directed properly.

What needs to happen now is not an overthrow of the sitting fed Leviathan, but secession from it.

Or, maybe, since "secession" has, to some, a tainted ring to it, then think of it as a "divorce".

The states are now playing the role of Molly Milquetoast, placidly making excuses for her two black eyes, given to her by an abusive, drunken, compulsive gambling lout of a husband. She says, "Oh, he's going to get help for his "problems" and "He didn't really mean to beat me to a bloody pulp, he's just under so much stress".

That's Uncle Slaughter, that's the analogy, the fedgov is an abusive, bullying lout, drunken and disheveled, gambling away the kid's college fund and the mortgage payment on booze and hookers, breaking every oath and vow that he took before God and man to "Honor, Love and Cherish".

We must play the role of "interventionists", picking the most rational of the fifty wives of this thuggish brute and explain that it is literally a matter of life and death, that you must declare a divorce from this violent and untenable situation you are in.

And like any good person involved in an "intervention", we must be prepared to do what we need to do to defend Molly when the drunken fool crashes his car into the front yard, gets out waving a pistol around and threatening to kill her and everybody in the house for leaving him.

Truth Warrior
10-03-2008, 10:45 PM
Here's the pink slip to send to congress (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=160927)

Ninja Homer
10-03-2008, 10:48 PM
Well said!

The federal government no longer does a single thing that I approve of. It's to the point now where the easiest and quickest way to fix it is to get rid of it.

It's time to take the big U out of United States and create a union of states.

bojo68
10-03-2008, 10:52 PM
Yea, but a divorce kinda implies they've had a piece of yer ass, and I think this is more about keeping them for getting it.....:)

Anti Federalist
10-03-2008, 10:53 PM
Well said!

The federal government no longer does a single thing that I approve of. It's to the point now where the easiest and quickest way to fix it is to get rid of it.

It's time to take the big U out of United States and create a union of states.

And the added bonus is this, to carry the analogy a little farther, the drunken lout, kicked out of his home, loses his "power" to terrorize the people living there, loses his "job", loses everything that gave him the ability to be an overbearing prick in the first place, and dies in the gutter of liver failure.

Just the thought of that happening, metaphorically, to the fedgov, is enough to put a wicked smile on my face. Who, in their personal lives, hasn't run across or know of just such a situation and taken shameful glee when, perhaps years later, the same thing has happened? More than few, I would guess.

Anti Federalist
10-03-2008, 10:54 PM
Here's the pink slip to send to congress (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=160927)

Nice idea, but doesn't that involve the, obviously failed, concept of voting our way out of this mess?;)

Truth Warrior
10-03-2008, 10:59 PM
Nice idea, but doesn't that involve the, obviously failed, concept of voting our way out of this mess?;) Not when I did it in '72. I just fired the whole damned then current "D.C. and state crews", in writing, and just didn't ever bother to hire any replacements. ;) :D

Does getting divorced necessarily require and imply getting married again? :)

fj45lvr
10-03-2008, 11:10 PM
Secession is the ONLY hope for people that want to actually live free and have liberty....it won't be happening with the Feds. I hope that this does take root and we do see some sovereign states end their ties to the "union" (a unholy one at that).

tpreitzel
10-03-2008, 11:18 PM
Secession is the ONLY hope for people that want to actually live free and have liberty....it won't be happening with the Feds. I hope that this does take root and we do see some sovereign states end their ties to the "union" (a unholy one at that).

I absolutely agree. This union is too far gone. Honestly, do we think demonstrations, even continual demonstrations, are going to force Congress to repeal this legislation or override a potential presidential veto of legislation repealing it? I don't think so. Actually, this latest act of treason has CLEARLY demonstrated to many that we, the people, have no representation in Congress on important issues. We should use this latest act of treason to initiatie the process of secession nationwide. We need to gather as much evidence as possible and submit it to our state representatives for consideration. In the interim, we can demonstrate, demonstrate, and demonstrate some more.

fj45lvr
10-03-2008, 11:42 PM
I absolutely agree. This union is too far gone. Honestly, do we think demonstrations, even continual demonstrations, are going to force Congress to repeal this legislation or override a potential presidential veto of legislation repealing it? I don't think so. Actually, this latest act of treason has CLEARLY demonstrated to many that we, the people, have no representation in Congress on important issues. We should use this latest act of treason to initiatie the process of secession nationwide. We need to gather as much evidence as possible and submit it to our state representatives for consideration. In the interim, we can demonstrate, demonstrate, and demonstrate some more.

the people that are actually serious about living free and not supporting DC should definetly let their FEET DO THE TALKING and move (if you have the numbers to control a States government then you can and will be able to end its confederation with the CROOKS and their gov. henchmen in DC and be able to enjoy peace, prosperity and personal responsibility and watch rome burn.

RonPaulR3VOLUTION
10-04-2008, 12:11 AM
Yup, this is why people must not be hasty in their actions. The general population will continue to grow more angry and fed up every day. Give it time. In the meantime, the ones who are beginning to become outraged need to be shown who is doing it and how.

kaleidoscope eyes
10-04-2008, 05:24 AM
bump

Anti Federalist
10-05-2008, 09:31 PM
bump, cuz I feel like it.

nate895
10-05-2008, 09:41 PM
You're going to Third North American Secession Convention (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=161214) I hope. Sadly, I cannot attend.

Anti Federalist
10-05-2008, 09:59 PM
You're going to Third North American Secession Convention (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=161214) I hope. Sadly, I cannot attend.

Wish I could as well. I'll be at sea, about 3000 miles away. Hopefully I'll get someone to go in my place.