PDA

View Full Version : Who else got this email? :You can write-in RP

eleganz
10-03-2008, 08:45 PM
From Gabriel Dibble.

Just giving a chance for more eyes to see this e-mail incase you weren't subscribed.

I've heard rumors that some think their write-in vote for Ron Paul will not be counted.

The fact is that's not true, as long as he gets just 55 electors---in the whole state!

It is that easy!

We're half way there and just need a few more notarized forms to make these votes count.

Check out the facts: [we have done our diligence]
55 "Declaration Of Write-In Candidacy Presidential Elector" forms, each of which must be notarized.
The declarations of write-in candidacy must be filed with the Secretary of State in person or by mail. Please send your documents to:

Office of the California Secretary of State
Elections Division
ATTN: Candidates & Elections
1500 11th Street, 5th Floor
Sacramento, CA 95814

Please indicate on the envelope “Declaration of Write-In Candidacy.” The Declarations of Write-In Candidacy must be received by the Secretary of State no later than October 21, 2008 (E-14). § 8652

Elector must be 18 years or older, as verified with the Sec. of State.

We must write in Ron Paul as President, and to remain totally neutral we have nominated the effort's captain Gail Lightfoot as the name to enter for Vice President---all of our forms must match. This way we do not waste time bickering about choices, when all that is required in the actual vote is Ron Paul's name.

We have about 22 people on the list to sign the forms.
Will you help make your vote-of-conscience count?
Please contact Gail Lightfoot: gkltft@aol.com

Act Now!
Print this form:
http://www.frankmooreforpresident08.com/forms/california_elector_form.pdf
Fill in your name and address, then below: Ron Paul and Gail Lightfoot
Take this form to your bank to be notarized (usually for free), write your name under Oath of Office, and sign as Elector with the notary; the next few lines are for the state
Take it to the post office and send it to the address above using Certified Mail

Feel free to contact me or Gail Lightfoot for more information.
Please note her messages below...

Thank you!

"In matters of principle, stand like a rock." --Thomas Jefferson

Gabriel Dibble
gdibble@gmail.com

Forwarded messages:

Send the original to Sacramento, keep a copy and simply let me know when you send yours. I will print out the email saying a form was sent and keep a tally that I can submit if needed.
Send by Certified Mail or whatever gives you a receipt from the USPS. Having them sign for the letter is not useful since mail comes to a central location and is then sent to individual staff desks.
They allow you to fax things when time is tight but you have to follow up with the original -- all signatures including notaries must be original [they check that].
I will get an email for Evelyn Mendez and make sure she or whoever she indicates will process these forms gets every one.

There is no update from the Sec of State today. No phone calls back yet but Since talking to an expert I am making a decision. The person I spoke to knows a lot about electoral history and according to that person the write in candidate forms for President and VP did have to include the VP but if voters merely wrote in one name, that name was counted so the voters won't need to know the VP name we use but we will have to use one.

I say we use my name. It is totally neutral and since I got this ball rolling, we may as well use me for the cannon fire. : )

I suggest any forms sent to the Sec of State be resent and we go for it using Gail Lightfoot as the VP Candidate. Then we can get on with this and put it behind us and on the desks of the media and the Elections Officials in our home counties!

We do need more voters to sign up! This email goes to 22 of you so add to it, carefully please! Two voters tell me they can get more names and we have a few here in SLO Co.

Keep copies of your forms! Never give anything to a state agency without keeping copies. I will add my name to the two I have here assuming they are originals. If not those two can resend.

Let me know if you are 'outta here' on this issue. I understand.

Liberty,
gail lightfoot

surf
10-03-2008, 08:55 PM
right on

Hamer
10-03-2008, 08:56 PM
This is not true for most states. Ron Paul is not going to file to be a write in and only 12 states willeven allow a write in if you don't win the primary in that state.

Please get the facts straight before you post things like this.

Ron Paul has also stated many times he doesn't want people writing his name in.

This is also a scam to get gail lightfoot on the ballot. Nice try but we are smarter than this.

surf
10-03-2008, 09:00 PM
if i lived in CA, i'd write him in (assuming they get in all the paperwork)

perhaps the thread title could've been better, but c'mon.

Micah Dardar
10-03-2008, 10:23 PM
Chuck Baldwin is a registered write-in candidate in California!