PDA

View Full Version : I SUPPORT your gun rights, but please don't kill those innocent animals

StateofTrance
10-03-2008, 08:26 PM
Use your guns to defend yourself against the thugs and the govt. But --

Whenever I turn to a hunting channel on TV (like Versus on Charter), I find those animal killers as the real Joe-6-pack neo-cons. Sorry, I had to say it.

ForrestLayne
10-03-2008, 08:32 PM
In the mountains, hunting is a major source of meat for us and there are too many deer anyway. The number of deer / vehicle collisions is very high.

The bounty on the cyote took out the deer's predator and now the population is beyond what the land can handle.

Either we harvest or the weak die and food is wasted.

Oh..We don't trophy hunt, just fill the freezer in Nov for the next year.

Don't be so hard on us if you don't understand our way of life - we only harvest what we need.

FindLiberty
10-03-2008, 08:33 PM
Whoo hooot, boycot McDonald's cause they're ah servin' them poor COWS.

RonPaulVolunteer
10-03-2008, 08:34 PM
If you're going to eat it, I have no problem with it.

We have an asshole in Denver though that likes to go to Africa and shoot giraffes and such. The fuck asked to speak at one of my events. Epic Fail.

Kludge
For those without bias (not that bias is bad) stemming from religion (not that religion is bad), is the killing of a child predating the "Age of Reason" and the killing of an animal any different?

What if you eat it?

Spider-Man
Some people who have lived in our commercial society too long have forgotten the natural order.

Spider-Man
10-03-2008, 08:36 PM
For those without bias (not that bias is bad) stemming from religion (not that religion is bad), is the killing of an child predating the "Age of Reason" and the killing of an animal any different?

What if you eat it?

It depends if you place the character of man in the biological entity of man or the mental capacity of man. If the latter, it is subject to individual interpretation and can always be compromised. The former does not compromise and is the only legitimate and principled way to protect human life.

As to bias, I am a deist, so my opinion is informed by faith, but my faith informed by reason.

Vote Waterman 2028
10-03-2008, 08:38 PM
Some people who have lived in our commercial society too long have forgotten the natural order.

exactly.

amy31416
10-03-2008, 08:44 PM
I agree, please don't kill those delicious, yummy, innocent animals. Even though innocent animals are much more tender than the guilty animals. *droolz*

ForrestLayne
10-03-2008, 08:48 PM
For those without bias (not that bias is bad) stemming from religion (not that religion is bad), is the killing of an child predating the "Age of Reason" and the killing of an animal any different?

What if you eat it?

Because of Human's ability to expand on knowledge from the previous generation, we are the top of the food chain. We have instincts like all other animals, but humans have a right or wrong instinct that is unique to us. We also have a instinct called "reason".We therefore have reasoned that killing another human is, in most cases, unacceptable. However, we also can reason justification for doing that very thing...driven mostly by the instinct for survival.

Remember the novel "Alive" based on a true story of a plane crash where the survivors only live because of cannablism? People were appalled, but did not want them condemned or charged because of the situation.

We have both veggie teeth and meat teeth. We were made for eating meat and have a taste for meat like most other animals. The meat is different around the world and some people choose to not eat animal at all.

Jeremy
10-03-2008, 08:52 PM
If you're going to eat it, I have no problem with it.

We have an asshole in Denver though that likes to go to Africa and shoot giraffes and such. The fuck asked to speak at one of my events. Epic Fail.

But does he eat the giraffes... that's what you have to ask yourself. Then you have to ask yourself what giraffe tastes like.

Razmear
10-03-2008, 08:57 PM
I can agree with the OPs statement about those hunting shows. Most of them are canned hunts and a lot of them give bad advice just to sell their sponsors products.
Real hunting is a lot different then those idiots on TV blasting a deer that's in a fenced in 'hunting' ground.

eb

Richie
10-03-2008, 09:14 PM
A true hunter respects what he hunts, and doesn't kill for pleasure or prize, but kills to secure food.

UnReconstructed
10-03-2008, 09:58 PM
When will animal rights people start to petition animals to quit killing each other? Lions should quit killing hyenas.

//sarcasm

I support your free speech now leave me the hell alone.

http://www.hunttheus.com/southcarolina/bostickplantation/trophy_wild_boar_4.jpg

ForrestLayne
10-03-2008, 10:02 PM
When will animal rights people start to petition animals to quit killing each other? Lions should quit killing hyenas.

//sarcasm

I support your free speech now leave me the hell alone.

http://www.hunttheus.com/southcarolina/bostickplantation/trophy_wild_boar_4.jpg

Now that's bringin' home the bacon - for a couple years!!!!

kojirodensetsu
10-03-2008, 10:07 PM
I'm fine with hunting for food. And no I don't see killing a human and eating it the same. Why? Simple, survival. If we allowed people to hunt people then someone might hunt me and I would not like that. Of course deer don't want to be hunted either, but deer aren't people. And as a person I am more concerned for the well-being of people than other animals. I guess you could call that a bias, but I just see it as survival.

Hunting for sport though I frown upon.

Arklatex
10-03-2008, 10:12 PM
Ahh killing off a few specimens of a population is usually beneficially. There's a natural limit for every animal that the land can support, once the population expands beyond that limit you start getting famine and diseased stunted animals, scarce resources etc etc. Biology 101

i don't like to kill things but I hunt a buck every year to feed my family that I am very grateful for each season. Venison is very tasty and more healthy than beef. I've never had elk or bear but hear they are even leaner.

ForrestLayne
10-03-2008, 10:21 PM
Elk has a stronger "wild" taste than deer but the same flavor

Bear is usually tougher - you do better to "cube" it and then still beat the hell out it with a hammer tenderizer - different but good when fixed right.

Squirrel and rabbit are the best, but it takes more to make a meal.

UnReconstructed
10-03-2008, 11:19 PM
You can't kill and eat babies because they are future men and women. A fawn will never grow up to be a human.

Dave39168
10-04-2008, 12:27 AM
Use your guns to defend yourself against the thugs and the govt. But --

Whenever I turn to a hunting channel on TV (like Versus on Charter), I find those animal killers as the real Joe-6-pack neo-cons. Sorry, I had to say it.

People have been eating "innocent animals" for thousands of years. Do you eat meat? If so, someone killed it.

blocks
10-04-2008, 12:43 AM
Reading this topic I can't help but think of Lewis Black's brilliant piece on Hunting and the Dick Cheney incident:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6ene75RM3w

MelissaCato
10-04-2008, 01:16 AM
Well sorry, but I just tagged one today ! A whopping 68 pounds of venison burger went into the fridge @ midnight. :D Next one will be all jerky. MMMMMMMMMM

Perry
10-04-2008, 02:12 AM
Innocent animals?

Innocent of what?

Life feeds on life, feeds on life feeds on life.

RickyJ
10-04-2008, 02:28 AM
Which ones are the innocent ones? Do they have special markings on them?

Of course they are all innocent, but we need them to live (vegans need them too, they are just to dumb to realize it because their brains have shrunk so much from depriving themselves of meat).

God gave them to us to eat. We can't eat them alive, now that would be wrong.

Joe3113
10-04-2008, 02:42 AM

So I guess you would consider it moral acceptable for me to kick the living snot through you simply because 'nature' has resulted in my being stronger.

Your 'natural order' makes no logical sense. If agony is wrong for **** sapiens then it is wrong for all species capable of experiencing it. You cannot make artificial separations other than those which are objectively observed. We are all the result of a process of natural selection. The reason hurting people is wrong is because they feel agony. It is not wrong simply because of some arbitrary application that humans have to other humans.