PDA

View Full Version : We talk and talk but have nothing significant to do. What is our plan???

tggroo7
10-03-2008, 08:23 PM
Have you all noticed something? We are making next to no progress influencing the government and after witnessing the travesty that was the passing of the porky bailout, it seems like we could not lack direction any more than we do right now.

I think we really need to start pressing Dr. Paul to give us some sort of direction. We've got nothing. Obviously government is a failure. Are we just going to continue on this snail's pace of government reform or are we actually going to act strongly? I realize the freedom movement is growing in size faster than ever...but looking at the actions of our government, one would have no idea of that movement. I called my senators and representative multiple times and sent my rep a letter a few weeks ago and sent one senator an e-mail, all referencing multiple issues, but I've come to realize that they will likely do whatever they want (though I am lucky to have a decent Rep as he did reject the bailout both times). But with the incredible number of calls made against the bailout, we just CANNOT accept this type of result.

I don't know what is the best course of action, but I'm sure Dr. Paul will be best to decide. It just seems like we are getting absolutely nowhere. Our actions have seemed almost meaningless lately and I am ready, as well as many others I'm sure, for a major step up in our gameplan. Dr. Paul can do appearances all he wants and yes we all enjoy watching him, but it is not actually making any FORWARD progress...we may be slowly growing outward, but we are not MOVING anywhere. And besides, taking major action will undoubtedly attract attention to our cause so it's not like we have to sacrifice growth for action.

Does anyone else think it's time to press for a significant game plan (other than calling the hell out of our congresspeople and getting little results) or am I just alone on this? I sent the C4L and the Barr campaign e-mails pleading for some sort of direction for the movement as well and urge all of the people here to do the same.

*end rant

nate895
10-03-2008, 08:27 PM
I agree, we have no direction, and contrary to popular belief on the forums, the only way to gain it is to rally around a candidate for President. The other things kind of fall into place when there is a candidate to get behind, that everyone, everywhere (except foreigners) can vote for.

billjarrett
10-03-2008, 08:33 PM
I agree, we have no direction, and contrary to popular belief on the forums, the only way to gain it is to rally around a candidate for President. The other things kind of fall into place when there is a candidate to get behind, that everyone, everywhere (except foreigners) can vote for.

Or a purpose. We got together to fax bomb the bill. We got together on the money bombs (although that's candidate related).

What we need is:

1. Something constructive. Slavery Uprising is a good idea, but we need something with a goal that really affects something.

2. Something people outside of the forums would want to get involved in. If its candidate specific it limits the audience.

3. Something that can be done anywhere, from a small town in the west to the heart of LA and NYC

And I have... nothing :(

nate895
10-03-2008, 08:37 PM
Or a purpose. We got together to fax bomb the bill. We got together on the money bombs (although that's candidate related).

What we need is:

1. Something constructive. Slavery Uprising is a good idea, but we need something with a goal that really affects something.

2. Something people outside of the forums would want to get involved in. If its candidate specific it limits the audience.

3. Something that can be done anywhere, from a small town in the west to the heart of LA and NYC

Purposes can still be there, but they are all short lived, unless we are looking at something long-term, like a Presidential campaign. Candidate-specific stuff only gets people when they can vote for them. If we can raise money for another run by RP's heir, it would unite the movement behind a single purpose, and we can still support local candidates.

The only thing we could unite behind is something like a secession movement, but we would take forever deciding where to do it and many won't compromise on the location.

Nate K
10-03-2008, 08:38 PM
you cannot and will not EVER "influence" government. To effect change, you must destroy it.. and start over.

ClockwiseSpark
10-03-2008, 08:38 PM
It's almost the fifth of November once again. Why not try to use something that has worked so well for us in the past?

tpreitzel
10-03-2008, 08:39 PM

What we need is:

Who will Congress fear the most, their overlords in Washington, D.C. or the people back home?

Mortikhi
10-03-2008, 08:54 PM
Have you all noticed something? We are making next to no progress influencing the government and after witnessing the travesty that was the passing of the porky bailout, it seems like we could not lack direction any more than we do right now.

I think we really need to start pressing Dr. Paul to give us some sort of direction. We've got nothing. Obviously government is a failure. Are we just going to continue on this snail's pace of government reform or are we actually going to act strongly? I realize the freedom movement is growing in size faster than ever...but looking at the actions of our government, one would have no idea of that movement. I called my senators and representative multiple times and sent my rep a letter a few weeks ago and sent one senator an e-mail, all referencing multiple issues, but I've come to realize that they will likely do whatever they want (though I am lucky to have a decent Rep as he did reject the bailout both times). But with the incredible number of calls made against the bailout, we just CANNOT accept this type of result.

I don't know what is the best course of action, but I'm sure Dr. Paul will be best to decide. It just seems like we are getting absolutely nowhere. Our actions have seemed almost meaningless lately and I am ready, as well as many others I'm sure, for a major step up in our gameplan. Dr. Paul can do appearances all he wants and yes we all enjoy watching him, but it is not actually making any FORWARD progress...we may be slowly growing outward, but we are not MOVING anywhere. And besides, taking major action will undoubtedly attract attention to our cause so it's not like we have to sacrifice growth for action.

Does anyone else think it's time to press for a significant game plan (other than calling the hell out of our congresspeople and getting little results) or am I just alone on this? I sent the C4L and the Barr campaign e-mails pleading for some sort of direction for the movement as well and urge all of the people here to do the same.

*end rant

You are not alone. I am the same way and have been harping about doing something other than putting up signs and going to meetings for over a year now, to no avail.

I'm still waiting for more people to realize that the only way we are going to be noticed is when the powers that be actually get scared of We the People.

Maybe we should get those ready for something else and move from these non-action forums and organize ourselves elsewhere.

princessredtights
10-03-2008, 08:55 PM
I think we each need to walk our precincts between now and election day.

Do a survey - "what do you think of the bailout?"

"what do you think of the way Congress operates?"

" Have you ever thought of voting 3rd party?"

(and then give them information on taking back our congress!)

Kludge
10-03-2008, 08:55 PM
www.slaveuprising.com

Get your MeetUp group active again.

DFF
10-03-2008, 09:00 PM
you cannot and will not EVER "influence" government. To effect change, you must destroy it.. and start over.

Yep. If you look throughout history, political changes have almost occurred due to a violent upheaval. Our "civilized" society, tells itself, for the sake of it's collective conscious, that violence is never the answer. History, however, proves otherwise, and "American insurgents" are the cure to the disease which ails us - people whom are willing to shed blood to refresh the tree of liberty. I wish there were another way, but it is what it is, and we are who we are - until we make the next evolutionary leap.

LandonCook
10-03-2008, 09:00 PM
Not True!

My group here in Arkansas is working to bring together thousands of disgruntled parents, teachers, homeschoolers, and liberty minded individuals to get a Voucher system on the ballot. (not for this election) As well as start up a Private school locally.

We are also getting awareness out on the NAIS system that the Federal government is trying to force on us.

The same goes for the Real I.D act.

My group is also hosting my county's first Gun and knife show.

And I am running for public office...

Change takes time... just work from the ground up like we are and in a few years much will change.

evilfunnystuff
10-03-2008, 09:15 PM
i seriously dislike seeing people say this or that person need to step up and lead them

this movement is supposed to be about self goverance and personal resposibility

be the change you wish to see in the world

lead follow or get out of the way if you cant find a leader that you think is doing a good job become that leader

educate yourself and others

wright articles or books

print flyers

make signs

organize protests if you cant get others to join go solo

copy dvds

knock doors

talk to family coworkers and strangers

get a video camera and confront politicians/make documentaries

make works of art that will inspire people to yern for freedom

infiltrate power stuctures and do your best to get them to follow an individualistic philosophy

check out http://www.freedom-force.org/

humanic
10-03-2008, 09:22 PM
http://www.freedom-force.org

A plan / something significant to do

heavenlyboy34
10-03-2008, 09:24 PM
i seriously dislike seeing people say this or that person need to step up and lead them

+1 RP himself said "I don't want to run your life". This movement is decentralized and seems to work best that way. This movement won't happen overnight-neither the French or American revolutions did. Remain ever-vigilant, and the time will come when the illuminati can no longer keep up the charade.

DFF
10-03-2008, 09:24 PM

this movement is supposed to be about self goverance and personal resposibility

be the change you wish to see in the world

lead follow or get out of the way if you cant find a leader that you think is doing a good job become that leader

educate yourself and others

wright articles or books

print flyers

make signs

organize protests if you cant get others to join go solo

copy dvds

knock doors

talk to family coworkers and strangers

get a video camera and confront politicians/make documentaries

make works of art that will inspire people to yern for freedom

infiltrate power stuctures and do your best to get them to follow an individualistic philosophy

check out http://www.freedom-force.org/

That sounds good on paper, but this week, we as a people were almost all united against this bill. We called our reps, we sent out faxes, we sent out emails and look what it accomplished: not a goddamned thing. See, those scum on Capitol Hill don't fear us, and that my friend, is the problem.

SWATH
10-03-2008, 09:28 PM
I brought this up over a year ago, but we need a password protected sub-forum with a vetting procedure.

Spirit of '76
10-03-2008, 09:31 PM
I'd suggest everyone start cleaning house locally.

Here in WV, we're gearing up for a 30-day push to unseat Rockefeller. His Republican opponent isn't with us on all the issues, but he's with us on enough that he'd be a hell of a lot better than Rockefeller.

DFF
10-03-2008, 09:42 PM
I brought this up over a year ago, but we need a password protected sub-forum with a vetting procedure.

What's a vetting procedure?

tpreitzel
10-03-2008, 09:46 PM
What's a vetting procedure?

identification for approval of admission

Truth Warrior
10-03-2008, 09:51 PM

*end rant We all got together and agreed to not tell you the plan. ;)

Dave
10-03-2008, 09:51 PM
"Nothing significant to do? What is our plan?"

Have you signed up for C4L and stepped up to be a Precinct Leader yet? There's all kinds of significant things to do! There's training materials and tools and plans with task lists with steps, etc. - everything you need to take ownership of your precinct. This is how we win - by having enough people who want to work in as many precincts across the country as possible.

It won't happen overnight and it won't be easy. But the real work is in the trenches right in our own neighborhoods. If enough of us do this we will become a force to be reckoned with.

politicus
10-03-2008, 09:52 PM
Demonstrate, Demonstrate, Demonstrate

Here in Korea, when President Lee Myung Bak struck a deal to begin importing US beef that Koreans didn't perceive as safe, Koreans began demonstrating. Day by day, these demonstrations led by university students ballooned into vast anti-Lee Myung Bak demonstrations. Soon, entire families were marching through the main streets of Seoul in crowds numbering in the tens of thousands. Public opposition to the President mushroomed and his spending proposals and legislative agenda was stopped dead in its tracks.

The anti-bailout demonstrations should not stop just because the bill has passed. They should move to the offices of those who voted for the bill. Remind the voters every single day through the election which Congressmen and Senators sided with the banks over their constituents.

RickyJ
10-03-2008, 09:55 PM
The tax protest that Adam Kokesh is organizing sounds like something to get involved in. Not everybody is just talking. And it doesn't hurt to talk if it is productive. You never know who you are influencing when you speak the truth. So we need to keep communicating, especially to the sheeple.

tpreitzel
10-03-2008, 09:55 PM
Demonstrate, Demonstrate, Demonstrate

Here in Korea, when President Lee Myung Bak struck a deal to begin importing US beef that Koreans didn't perceive as safe, Koreans began demonstrating. Day by day, these demonstrations led by university students ballooned into vast anti-Lee Myung Bak demonstrations. Soon, entire families were marching through the main streets of Seoul in crowds numbering in the tens of thousands. Public opposition to the President mushroomed and his spending proposals and legislative agenda was stopped dead in its tracks.

The anti-bailout demonstrations should not stop just because the bill has passed. They should move to the offices of those who voted for the bill. Remind the voters every single day through the election which Congressmen and Senators sided with the banks over their constituents.

x2 Never let the traitors have a decent night's sleep until the damn thing is REPEALED! There should continuous demonstrations around each traitor's office, home, etc. on both local and national levels. Make their personal and social lives living hell until they do repeal it.

Truth Warrior
10-03-2008, 10:04 PM
Please disregard the Tianamen Square and Kent State, etc. experiences.

Of course there's always the douse yourself in gasoline and light it on fire protest and demonstration alternative, usually it's a real crowd pleaser. ;)

tonesforjonesbones
10-03-2008, 10:05 PM
This is a good thread. Everyone seems to be waiting for Campaign for Liberty to tell them what to do. ALL of this information is FREE to print out on the internet, not to mention, many here are great at coming up with fliers and videos etc. THIS is grass roots! I agree with the poster who said we MUST start LOCALLY. THAT is the key..until we clean up our own back yards...we cant clean up washington. All politics is LOCAL. I am passing out Aaron Russo's cds and I a am passing out Pocket Constitutions. I watched the Palin debate last night at a restaurant with 50 other McCain supporters...and i gave them each a pocket constitution. They were VERY happy to get them. People DO care..they just have to be reminded about our American Dream...and that Dream is firmly contained in Declaration of Independence and the Constitution. The American Dream is not a free house! TONES

tpreitzel
10-03-2008, 10:05 PM
Please disregard the Tianamen Square and Kent State, etc. experiences.

Of course there's always the douse yourself in gasoline and light it on fire protest and demonstration alternative, usually it's a real crowd pleaser. ;)

As a man of character, show us how it's done! Where you lead, more might follow you into infamy. ;)

Truth Warrior
10-03-2008, 10:08 PM
Quitting the CCP

As of 9:03 PM EST, 40,025,401 people have submitted statements withdrawing from the Chinese Communist Party or its affiliated organizations (for the text in Chinese of all of the statements, please visit the Tuidang (http://tuidang.epochtimes.com/) website). Those who are current members of the CCP or its affiliated organizations are with these statements resigning their membership; former members use these statements to sever all association with these organizations. All are renouncing the CCP totally.

http://en.epochtimes.com/211,95,,1.html

Truth Warrior
10-03-2008, 10:12 PM
As a man of character, show us how it's done! Where you lead, more might follow you into infamy. ;) It's much easier to turn an activist into a libertarian, than it is to turn a libertarian into an activist. Personally, I have NO martyr nor messiah complex in need of satisfying.

It's YOUR government, YOUR mess, YOU clean up and "fix" it. ;)

Truth Warrior
10-03-2008, 10:33 PM
"I heartily accept the motto,—"That government is best which governs least"; and I should like to see it acted up to more rapidly and systematically. Carried out, it finally amounts to this, which also I believe—"That government is best which governs not at all"; and when men are prepared for it, that will be the kind of government which they will have. Government is at best but an expedient; but most governments are usually, and all governments are sometimes, inexpedient. The objections which have been brought against a standing army, and they are many and weighty, and deserve to prevail, may also at last be brought against a standing government. The standing army is only an arm of the standing government. The government itself, which is only the mode which the people have chosen to execute their will , is equally liable to be abused and perverted before the people can act through it.Witness the present Mexican war, the work of comparatively a few individuals using the standing government as their tool; for in the outset, the people would not have consented to this measure." -- Henry David Thoreau "Civil Disobedience" ( 1st paragraph )