PDA

View Full Version : Here's the pink slip to send to congress

hope7134
10-03-2008, 07:58 PM
http://www.kickthemallout.com/article.php/Story-Pink_Slip_Mail-In_Campaign

Truth Warrior
10-03-2008, 08:11 PM
http://www.kickthemallout.com/article.php/Story-Pink_Slip_Mail-In_Campaign :cool: I sure could have used several of those in 1972 when I fired mine. I had to type out the official notification letters. ;)

hope7134
10-03-2008, 08:35 PM
flood the congress and senate with their notices. If we don't get them this time, let them at least know we are out here, working for the next time.

the biss
10-03-2008, 08:49 PM
Representative Miller:

I have to tell you that you did a phenomenally poor job of representing your constituents today. Your vote for the Wall Street Bailout Bill shows that you have blatant disregard for the overwhelming disapproval of this bill by the American people and the voters of NC District 13. Today, you made a shambles of your title "Representative", as all you represented was the heavily monied special interest group that is Wall Street.

Mr. (what you'll soon be) Miller... we're MAD AS HELL, and we're got going to take it any more. I am going to redouble my efforts into the next month to ensure that Hugh Webster replaces you on Capital Hill. Shame on you Mr. Miller for selling out! Shame!

Dave Bissette

politicsNproverbs
10-03-2008, 10:26 PM
I just learned about these night before last, I think from Downsize DC website, or either Daily Paul, or maybe here...

Anyway, my point is : INGENIOUS!

That Pink Slip is a PRICELESS idea!

Truly ingenious!

Wonder how many Mel Martinez has received so far... since he's our state's senator who voted YES.

One more can't hurt! :p

heavenlyboy34
10-03-2008, 10:56 PM
BUMP for a brilliant idea! I downloaded mine, and will be sending it to my local traitor ASAP. :)

sidster
10-04-2008, 01:09 AM
I love the pink slip idea. I'm gonna send one to my congressman.
he is up for reelection, but unfortunately i think he will retain
his seat. there are two people running against him... i think the
two will defeat one another and this jerk will remain in office
for another 2 years. fooker!

Miles Dunn
10-04-2008, 02:26 AM
Representative Porter,

You have failed me and those you are entitled to represent. I do not care about what YOU think to be right, it is your job to care what the PEOPLE think to be right. You are just another scum-bag politician out for the big buck.

I hope the special interests you pleased are able to provide you with another job because my self and many others will work hard to make sure you will NOT make reelection. As a mater of fact I already have 27 people who have pledged to vote against you. That seed will spread far and wide sir!

Shame on you for taking a crap on the Constitution of the United States of America and those who elected you to represent them

Good day to you sir,

Miles Dunn

(ATTACHED: PinkSlip.pdf)

kaleidoscope eyes
10-04-2008, 05:12 AM
bump

Gin
10-04-2008, 08:23 AM
Awesome idea... I will be sending one to each of my Senators for voting for this bill...Robert C. Byrd... and Jay Rockefeller (no real surprise)

but I also have to thank my Rep. Congresswoman Capito for standing up for her constituents and voting no. I was on the fence... now she will have my vote...

stephensmith
10-04-2008, 09:58 AM
Pink slip idea is great. I have featured it on my blog (see my sig). Hope they're flooded with 'em!

You know, one day during the run-up to the first bailout vote in the House, some people went to one of Congressman Price's local offices during the middle of a business day. There was a sign on the door saying they were closed for staff meetings or something. The people who went there noticed that a lot of other people had stuck angry notes to the door.

In addition to mailing these pink slips, they could be delivered in person, too, to the reps' local offices. And if the staff is away or hiding, just tape 'em to the door! Would be great to see a door full of fluttering pink slips.

porcupine
10-04-2008, 03:03 PM
http://www.kickthemallout.com/article.php/Story-Pink_Slip_Mail-In_Campaign

Pointless. So they get a bunch of pink paper...so what? 95% of them will get re-elected. This is just another exercise for those who aren't making a difference to feel like they are.

hope7134
10-04-2008, 05:04 PM
It's not pointless, how would you like to be a senator or congressmen and one day, out of no where, your desk gets covered with pink slips? Oh, trust me, it would have an impact. But, we must get other involved. Pink slip there office.

But, here's another idea sending a green pass to all of them that voted for the American people. Let them know how much we appreciate them. I'm printing off enough pink slips to send every senator and congress person who voted for this bailout termination notice. They need to know we are out here working to throw them all out.
I'm sending green notices to all the others.

porcupine
10-04-2008, 10:11 PM
It's not pointless, how would you like to be a senator or congressmen and one day, out of no where, your desk gets covered with pink slips? Oh, trust me, it would have an impact. But, we must get other involved. Pink slip there office.

If they were coming from outside of my congressional district and I was leading in the polls by double digits (as 90% of incumbents are), it would merely be a small frustration.