PDA

View Full Version : Alter or abolish it?

Dequeant
10-03-2008, 07:08 PM
Declaration of Independence
[

Kotin
10-03-2008, 07:09 PM
dont ever for`get Texas :D

"Texans have at all times the inalienable right to alter, reform or abolish their government in such manner as they may think expedient.” Texas Constitution - Article 1- Section 2

Vote Waterman 2028
10-03-2008, 07:17 PM
dont ever for`get Texas :D

"Texans have at all times the inalienable right to alter, reform or abolish their government in such manner as they may think expedient.” Texas Constitution - Article 1- Section 2

Oh No !

....but that would be terrorism ! :eek::p

fedup100
10-03-2008, 07:20 PM
^^^

StudentForPaul08
10-03-2008, 07:23 PM
PENNSYLVANIA:

Article 1 Section 2.
All power is inherent in the people, and all free governments are founded on their authority and instituted for their peace, safety and happiness. For the advancement of these ends they have at all times an inalienable and indefeasible right to alter, reform or abolish their government in such manner as they may think proper.

hmmmmm

tpreitzel
10-03-2008, 07:33 PM
Most of the state constitutions probably have a similar clause. Personally, I believe the internet is a just huge psychological experiment. As long as the people have a mechanism to vent their frustration with their slavery and divert their attention, the people won't be venting their frustration in more effective, lethal ways.

Truth Warrior
10-03-2008, 07:49 PM
Abolish! And just screw new government.

6,000+ years of a "failed concept" is much more than enough chances to succeed.<IMHO>

nate895
10-03-2008, 08:02 PM
Abolish! And just screw new government.

6,000+ years of a "failed concept" is much more than enough chances to succeed.<IMHO>

Because humanity advanced so far during the previous millennia.

Truth Warrior
10-03-2008, 08:05 PM
Because humanity advanced so far during the previous millennia. We are "stuck" in barbarism due largely to our perpetuation of our barbaric human institutions.<IMHO> They just may end our species. ;)

nate895
10-03-2008, 08:09 PM
We are "stuck" in barbarism due largely to our perpetuation of our barbaric human institutions.<IMHO> They just may end our species. ;)

So, under the previous system of anarchy, we were much more advanced. I find this difficult to believe, I didn't believe the wheel and the arrow were implements of hi-tech.

Micah Dardar
10-03-2008, 08:25 PM
Since we have more laws that anywhere in the world, my plan would be to erase every federal law and start over with the Constitution. The book is just too big to fix every piece. We need great men in Congress to rewrite the pages of America.

enjerth
10-03-2008, 10:30 PM
Because humanity advanced so far during the previous millennia.

How were the pyramids built?

Humanity has advanced greatly in the past, only to be set back again and again by the failures of all-too-powerful centralized governments. When sole men believe themselves to be wise enough to rule over a multitude, through corrupt schemes and ill advice they take their people down the path of destruction. The greater the power assumed by these men, the faster and more absolute is the devastation that comes.

We may be on the precipice of another such upheaval, with the possibility that this won't just be the death of a localized civilization, but a global one as the world market suffers the ills of fiat currency and fractional reserve banking.

We are doomed to repeat this cycle until we find a way out.

Truth Warrior
10-03-2008, 10:40 PM
So, under the previous system of anarchy, we were much more advanced. I find this difficult to believe, I didn't believe the wheel and the arrow were implements of hi-tech. Nor of government. ;)

What progress humanity has managed to achieve has been in spite of government not because of it.<IMHO> :)