PDA

View Full Version : Imagine if Paul has ran Libertarian or as an Independent for President this year

RonPaulFanInGA
10-03-2008, 06:02 PM
It'd probably be a three-way race in the polls right now with Paul being the only candidate to stand up against the bailout at the presidential debates.

Sigh....

sratiug
10-03-2008, 06:10 PM
It'd probably be a three-way race in the polls right now with Paul being the only candidate to stand up against the bailout at the presidential debates.

Sigh....

If he were in the pretend debates he would be a shoe in now.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
10-03-2008, 06:14 PM
I guess you don't remember the blackout. It would still be happening. But at least we'd have a chance.

JohnMeridith
10-03-2008, 06:16 PM
the sheeple wouldn't care.

Truth Warrior
10-03-2008, 06:16 PM
Why imagine? What's the useful point? :rolleyes:

VoteForRonPaul
10-03-2008, 06:35 PM
Why imagine? What's the useful point? :rolleyes:
Imagination is a good thing Warrior.

His imagination actually reflects his desire for excitement and enthusiasm which we have missed since February. It is definitely sweet memories.

I guess we need to keep busy before we lose our energy and forget, we need more fights not more of Sarah Palin topics :rolleyes: this is how we grow "practicing".

Truth Warrior
10-03-2008, 06:39 PM
Imagination is a good thing Warrior.

His imagination actually reflects his desire for excitement and enthusiasm which we have missed since February. It is definitely sweet memories.

I guess we need to keep busy before we lose our energy and forget, we need more fights not more of Sarah Palin topics :rolleyes: this is how we grow "practicing".

"You must be the change you wish to see in the world." -- Mahatma Gandhi

AJ Antimony
10-03-2008, 06:44 PM

Sigh....

*Imagining*

Wofl Blitzer: A new CNN Research poll out today shows Barack Obama ahead of John McCain 45-40%. Independent Ron Paul gets 5%, Ralph Nader gets 1% and the rest are undecided.

*/Imagining*

RonPaulFanInGA
10-03-2008, 06:53 PM
*Imagining*

Wofl Blitzer: A new CNN Research poll out today shows Barack Obama ahead of John McCain 45-40%. Independent Ron Paul gets 5%, Ralph Nader gets 1% and the rest are undecided.

*/Imagining*

5%? No way. Paul would likely be in the 10-15% range.

EvilEngineer
10-03-2008, 07:02 PM

Most people are still party line idiots... it would be tough to get 10% considering there is no way in hell the commission for presidential debates would allow Dr. Paul in.

Flash
10-03-2008, 07:07 PM
The only reason RP was as popular as he was is due to the debates. If he isn't allowed in the debates he wouldn't get more than 6% imo. There would be virtually no reason for the media to report on him. And all the people that criticized Ron Paul for trying to be another Ross Perot would be right. I think it was best for him to stay a Republican.

Oh and Gary Johnson for 2012.

Chibioz
10-03-2008, 07:08 PM
I'm still going to write in Ron Paul. The diebold machines scam the election anyways. I don't necessarily think Baldwin is a bad candidate, but Ron Paul is really the one that made a big difference, he was the true voice of change this election. I'm glad that I was able to check Ron Paul and cast a vote for him in the primaries.

JohnMeridith
10-03-2008, 07:49 PM
polls wouldn't show RP anywhere in the double digits. They would be manipulated, as would the elections.

DFF
10-03-2008, 07:52 PM
polls wouldn't show RP anywhere in the double digits. They would be manipulated, as would the elections.

Yep. He'd be 5% everywhere....same as the primaries.

nate895
10-03-2008, 08:07 PM
Depends on how much money he got. If he was the conservative third party choice, I'd bet he'd be up there if he had 20 million to play with, enough to get into the debates, and from there it really would depend on his performance. He'd need the debates, in order to do that, he'd need 20 million pre-debate money, and in order to win he'd need to good in the debates (as well as his VP candidate), and then he'd need to have 30 million for the home stretch.

AJ Antimony
10-03-2008, 08:10 PM

What's your source on that? Optimism? Hope? History is on my side.

nate895
10-03-2008, 08:11 PM

He was at 11% when they did a poll in February, I find it difficult to believe that Ron Paul would lose supporters.

PaleoForPaul
10-03-2008, 08:16 PM
Considering the rate at which the campaign was growing, if he had dropped around Jan/Feb and ran Libertarian, there is no reason to think he wouldn't have picked up 15% of the vote by now.

What would have been more interesting is how his positions would have changed those of Obama/McCain.

One of them would have had to reject the bailout bill. If not Paul would be polling even higher than 15%.

He would get coverage, especially since the media would perceive him as a McCain spoiler.

With the economy heading the way it is, I think 15% might even be underestimating things.

nate895
10-03-2008, 08:18 PM
With the economy heading the way it is, I think 15% might even be underestimating things.

Yes, especially if he had money to show the time where he predicted the crisis in 2002 and to put it in an ad.

StateofTrance
10-03-2008, 08:19 PM
i'm still going to write in ron paul. the diebold machines scam the election anyways. I don't necessarily think baldwin is a bad candidate, but ron paul is really the one that made a big difference, he was the true voice of change this election. I'm glad that i was able to check ron paul and cast a vote for him in the primaries.

+1111111111

RonPaulFanInGA
10-03-2008, 08:20 PM

As someone already said, one poll had Ron Paul at 8% and another one (Rasmussen) at 11% back in February or March 2008 as a potential third party candidate.

Or it might have been the same poll, and the 8% was a McCain-Clinton race and the 11% a McCain-Obama race...it is hard to remember.

Your history doesn't take in to account Paul's grassroots or money. Most third party candidates go nowhere because they don't have any money. The one candidate who did have money got 19% of the vote in 1992.

nate895
10-03-2008, 08:21 PM
As someone already said, one poll had Ron Paul at 8% and another one (Rasmussen) at 11% back in February or March 2008 as a potential third party candidate.

Or it might have been the same poll, and the 8% was a McCain-Clinton race and the 11% a McCain-Obama race...it is hard to remember.

It was 7% in Romney-Obama, 11% for McCain-Obama, and I think similar numbers with Clinton.

ultimaonliner
10-03-2008, 09:30 PM
I think RP could easily have gotten a minimum of 20% of the popular vote, just as Ross Perot had done.

I'm a realist, but RP could actually have had a chance of winning this if he ran 3rd party...

His decision to not run I think could be arguably one of his worst decisions ever for the movement.

Truth Warrior
10-03-2008, 09:36 PM
I think RP could easily have gotten a minimum of 20% of the popular vote, just as Ross Perot had done.

I'm a realist, but RP could actually have had a chance of winning this if he ran 3rd party...

His decision to not run I think could be arguably one of his worst decisions ever for the movement. The voters had their chance to vote for Ron in the primaries. They merely chose otherwise, realistically speaking. ;)