PDA

View Full Version : Can one of you find that debate where Ron....

MsDoodahs
10-03-2008, 05:40 PM
LAUGHED after the warmongers had been telling us all where they would attack first, and when they went to Ron, he LAUGHED and said something like "I don't know where they're gonna get the money for all this, WE ARE BROKE!"

Which debate was that?

Anyone?

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE!

MsD

:)

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
10-03-2008, 06:20 PM
bump. I don't remember where, but I sure remember it.

angelatc
10-03-2008, 06:56 PM
I haven't found it yet, but I am having a good cry while I am looking.

How oh how did McCain end up with the nod?

Chibioz
10-03-2008, 06:57 PM
I agree. McCain looked like an absolute moron at all the debates. Then again they all did besides Ron Paul... RIP USA

Truth Warrior
10-03-2008, 07:01 PM
I haven't found it yet, but I am having a good cry while I am looking.

How oh how did McCain end up with the nod? Like with Dole, it was now simply McCain's turn.<IMHO> :p :rolleyes: I'm still curious to see if the "Silent" generation can EVER produce a POTUS. They're all getting pretty old now. ;)

Chibioz
10-03-2008, 07:02 PM
I remember reading in like March that McCain had met with the Rothschilds, then coincidentally shortly after that his ascent to the nomination began.

angelatc
10-03-2008, 07:24 PM
Here's a couple of notable quotes from the CNN sit-down debate:

MCCAIN: And we've got to stop spending. We've got to stop -- one place where Ron Paul and I are in total agreement, spending is out of control. And I'm tired of borrowing money from China.

And then this exchange:

COOPER: Congressman Paul, what makes you capable of being a leader both on the economy and the military?

PAUL: OK. The Constitution is very clear that the president is commander in chief of the military, but the president is not the commander in chief of the economy or of the people. And when we get reflection of conventional wisdom, but of a lot of lack of understanding of how the economy works.

The president is not supposed to manage and run the economy. The people are supposed to do this. The government is supposed to give them sound money, low taxes, less regulation. The people are supposed to run it.

But here, we're assuming that the president is supposed to run the economy. We're not supposed to manage. We're not supposed to manage the people's...

COOPER: What role do you think the federal government should have -- I mean, does the federal government in your opinion have a role in stimulating the economy?

PAUL: Yes, by lower taxes and less regulation. They could do a whole lot by having sound money, where we don't print the money out of thin air. That causes the business cycle. That causes your bubbles.

We're always dealing with the symptoms of the disease and never saying, "how did this come about?" You know, it comes about because we have a Federal Reserve that creates money and prints it out of thin air. There is a lot of malinvestment.

That's the most important thing to understand about the inflation of the monetary system, is the malinvestment. Then, later on, people suffer. You wipe out the middle class. But the evil of it all is the vehicle for financing wars that we shouldn't be in and a welfare state that we shouldn't be doing.

So, yes, we have a role to play, but it's a negative role. We want the people to be free. We don't want to manage the people and tell them how to live. And we need a commander in chief.

angelatc
10-03-2008, 07:47 PM
The CNN YouTube Debate

McCain: I have a 24-year record of opposing tax increases and supporting tax reductions. And, no, I'm like Fred. My pledge and my record is up to the American people, not up to any other organization.

Cooper: Congressman Paul?

Paul: I have never voted for a tax increase; never will. But the tax issue is only one-half of it.
You can easily pledge not to raise taxes, but you have to cut spending

Same debate:

Paul: The infrastructure problem in this country is very, very serious. We as Americans are taxed to blow up the bridges overseas. We're taxed to go over and rebuild the bridges overseas while our bridges are falling down in this country.

This country is going bankrupt, and we can't afford this. We need to take care of ourselves. We do not need to sacrifice one thing more. We just need to take care of ourselves and get the government out of our lives and off our back and out of our wallets.

(Applause)

Cooper: Senator McCain, 30 seconds.

McCain: First thing I'll do, my friends, is take out my veto pen and veto every single pork-barrel project that comes across my desk, and there will be no more bridges to nowhere under my administration, I promise you that. And we'll give the president of the United States the line-item veto which Rudy Giuliani opposed so that he could protect his $250 million worth of pork.

My friends, we will take the money and give it back to the states and we'll let them make these decisions, but we'll never have another pork barrel project as long as I'm capable of wielding a veto pen.