PDA

View Full Version : Adopt a traitor. Dividing the research...

hillertexas
10-03-2008, 11:30 AM
There are 263 people that need to be voted out of the House. I propose we ask people to "adopt a traitor" and develop a "file" for then including things like picture, contact info, who they are running against, weaknesses, etc.

Then maybe we can create a thread for each traitor with the OP being all of the "file info". Strategy about how to get them out could be discussed in the thread.

Just a thought on how to start organizing. Also, we may want to consider coordinating efforts with the challengers of these traitors...opening a line a communication, asking them what they need, working with them, etc.

If you want to claim a traitor let me know and I will put your name next to the traitor's name. Hopefully we can cover all of our bases and not waste energy with redundancy.

House Incumbents and their challengers all on this website:http://www.sourcewatch.org/index.php?title=2008_elections
Just go down to the USA map and click on your state. It has a list of incumbents and challengers on the ballot.

This may help too...http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_House_elections,_2008

edit: Here are the names although there is no other info about them such as location, etc. I will add info as I get it.

The Traitors...Those who voted for the bailout bill on 10/3/08 in the House

Welch, Peter (VT) has been adopted by LittleLightShining Traitor File: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?p=1735504#post1735504
Baird, Brian (WA) Traitor File: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?p=1736847#post1736847

Arizona
Giffords, Gabrielle (D-AZ) -in a very close race- challenger: Tim Bee (R) http://www.timbee.com/
Gutierrez (D-AZ)
Pastor, Ed (D-AZ) http://www.pastor.house.gov/ http://www.edpastor.com/
Shadegg, John (R-AZ) http://johnshadegg.house.gov/ flip flopped and voted yes.

Oregon
Hooley (OR) has been adopted by bojo68 - retiring
Wu (OR) has been adopted by bojo68
Walden (OR) has been adopted by bojo68
Senator Gordon Smith (OR) has been adopted by bojo68 - He is being challenged by a democrat that I doubt has had an original thought in his life, repeats the party line indefinitely and each time expects people to see the light and adorn him god. But probably still better than Smith, haven't caught the democrat lying or underhanded like Gordon pulled on this one.

Abercrombie
Ackerman
Alexander
Allen
Andrews
Arcuri, Michael (NY) http://arcuri.house.gov/
Baca
Bachus
Baldwin
Barrett, J Gresham (SC) http://www.barrett.house.gov/
Bean
Berkley
Berman
Berry
Biggert
Bishop (GA)
Bishop (NY)
Blunt
Boehner
Bonner
Bono Mack
Boozman
Boren
Boswell
Boucher
Boustany
Boyd, Allen (FL) http://www.house.gov/boyd/
Brady (PA)
Brady (TX)
Braley (IA)
Brown (SC)
Brown, Corrine
Buchanan
Calvert
Camp (MI)
Campbell (CA)
Cannon
Cantor
Capps
Capuano
Cardoza
Carnahan
Carson
Castle
Clarke
Cleaver
Clyburn
Coble
Cohen
Cole (OK)
Conaway
Cooper
Costa
Cramer
Crenshaw
Crowley
Cubin
Cuellar, Henry (TX-28) http://cuellar.house.gov/ challenger Jim Fish: http://www.fishforcongress.com
Cummings
Davis (AL)
Davis (CA)
Davis (IL)
Davis, Tom
DeGette
DeLauro
Dent
Dicks
Dingell
Donnelly
Doyle
Dreier
Edwards (MD)
Edwards (TX)
Ehlers
Ellison
Ellsworth
Emanuel
Emerson
Engel
Eshoo
Etheridge
Everett
Fallin
Farr
Fattah
Ferguson
Fossella
Foster
Frank (MA)
Frelinghuysen
Gerlach
Gilchrest
Gonzalez
Gordon
Granger
Green, Al
Hall (NY)
Hare
Harman
Hastings (FL)
Herger
Higgins
Hinojosa
Hirono
Hobson
Hoekstra
Holt
Honda
Hoyer
Inglis (SC)
Israel
Jackson (IL)
Jackson-Lee (TX)
Johnson, E. B.
Kanjorski
Kennedy
Kildee
Kilpatrick
Kind
King (NY)
Kirk
Klein (FL)
Kline (MN)
Knollenberg
Kuhl (NY)
LaHood
Langevin
Larsen (WA) has been adopted by ClockwiseSpark
Larson (CT)
Lee
Levin
Lewis (CA)
Lewis (GA)
Lewis (KY)
Loebsack
Lofgren, Zoe
Lowey
Lungren, Daniel E.
Mahoney (FL)
Maloney (NY)
Markey
Marshall
Matsui
McCarthy (NY)
McCollum (MN)
McCrery
McGovern
McHugh
McKeon
McNerney
McNulty
Meek (FL)
Meeks (NY)
Melancon
Miller (NC)
Miller, Gary
Miller, George
Mitchell
Mollohan
Moore (KS)
Moore (WI)
Moran (VA)
Murphy (CT)
Murphy, Patrick
Murtha
Myrick
Nadler
Neal (MA)
Oberstar
Obey
Olver
Ortiz
Pallone
Pascrell
Pelosi
Perlmutter
Peterson (PA)
Pickering
Pomeroy
Porter
Price (NC)
Pryce (OH)
Putnam
Radanovich
Rahall
Ramstad
Rangel
Regula
Reyes
Reynolds
Richardson
Rogers (AL)
Rogers (KY)
Ros-Lehtinen
Ross
Ruppersberger (MD 2) has been adopted by tekkierich challenger: Richard Matthews http://www.richardmatthews.org/
Rush
Ryan (OH)
Ryan (WI)
Sarbanes
Saxton (R-NJ)
Schakowsky
Schiff
Schmidt
Schwartz
Scott (GA)
Sessions
Sestak
Shays
Shuster
Simpson
Sires
Skelton
Slaughter
Smith (TX)
Smith (WA)
Snyder
Solis
Souder
Space
Speier
Spratt
Sullivan
Sutton
Tancredo
Tanner
Tauscher
Terry
Thompson (CA)
Thornberry
Tiberi
Tierney
Towns
Tsongas
Upton
Van Hollen
Velázquez
Walsh (NY)
Wamp
Wasserman Schultz
Waters
Watson
Watt
Waxman
Weiner
Weldon (FL)
Weller
Wexler
Wilson (NM)
Wilson (OH)
Wilson (SC)
Wolf
Woolsey
Yarmuth

micahnelson
10-03-2008, 11:31 AM
We should fax them.

Hello, My name is Micah nelson. You killed my Republic, prepare to find a new job.

amy31416
10-03-2008, 11:32 AM
I'm down with it. Just gimmie a list and I'll pick the person closest to me geographically.

Maverick
10-03-2008, 11:35 AM
Add my congressman to the list. Henry Cuellar, TX-28 - voted for the bailout. He's one of the flip-floppers too...he voted against the first one.

Maverick
10-03-2008, 11:53 AM
This sucks. I found the challenger's website, and he's no good either.

http://www.fishforcongress.com

He supports our unconstitutional wars, and he's in support of the border fence (yes, I know some people like having more border security, but c'mon....the fence is a waste of money.)

Also, his "government issues" page is full of quotes from Reagan and Goldwater, and statements such as:

I believe in a limited government.

It is a philosophy that government was created to serve “We, the people” instead of the people serving the government. An extension of this thought reveals that it is the people who decide how the government serves them and provides funding for these initiatives through their hard-earned tax dollars.

Big Government is always looking for additional ways to serve itself.

Sounds good right? However, some people make it pretty obvious that they only support the talking points of limited government though, and I don't think he really follows it. Check this quote:

I am a proponent for healthcare for all children up to age 12. There are several reasons for this:

1. Children are the future of our great nation.

2. Providing healthcare to children while they are young dramatically reduces the nation's healthcare bill when they are older. It is a pay it now or pay it later situation.

I will also work to fund and improve public health programs that strengthen our children's ability to receive the proper vaccinations, checkups, and healthcare they need during those critical early years of life.

See? Big government is A-Ok as long as it's "for the children" right? :rolleyes:

Sarge
10-03-2008, 01:06 PM
Shadegg R. AZ flip flopped and voted yes.

Pastor D. AZ voted yes.

Mitchell D. AZ voted yes.

Gutierrez D. AZ voted yes.

Giffords, Gabrielle (D-Ariz) flipped and voted yes. You have about her close race.

Renzi not running.

Flake R. AZ voted no

OddballAZ
10-03-2008, 01:21 PM
Shadegg R. AZ flip flopped and voted yes.

Pastor D. AZ voted yes.

Mitchell D. AZ voted yes.

Gutierrez D. AZ voted yes.

Giffords, Gabrielle (D-Ariz) flipped and voted yes. You have about her close race.

Renzi not running.

Flake R. AZ voted no

This pisses me off because they all voted no the first time.

I'm in Giffords' area. She is in a close race with a decent Republican (at least he's hardcore on gun rights). Suposedly almost 100% of the email and calls to her office were against this bill. The local radio hosts have been against this bill and I'm sure they will have a field day with her now.

hillertexas
10-03-2008, 01:22 PM
This pisses me off because they all voted no the first time.

I'm in Giffords' area. She is in a close race with a decent Republican (at least he's hardcore on gun rights). Suposedly almost 100% of the email and calls to her office were against this bill. The local radio hosts have been against this bill and I'm sure they will have a field day with her now.

Who is she up against?

edit: nevermind...found it

tpreitzel
10-03-2008, 01:30 PM
Don't forget the senators which should probably be included here as well.

tekkierich
10-03-2008, 01:32 PM
I have dibs on Ruppersberger (MD-2)

:-)

ClockwiseSpark
10-03-2008, 01:57 PM
Larsen (WA) is mine. :mad:

Feenix566
10-03-2008, 02:17 PM
Saxton (R-NJ) is retring this year. The race to replace him is between John Adler (D) and Chris Myers (R). Myers states on his website that he is in favor of the bailout. I called Adler's office and asked for his position on the issue, but the girl who answered the phone didn't know. I told her to have someone call me back. I'll post an update when I find out more.

LittleLightShining
10-03-2008, 02:27 PM
I'll take Welch (VT)

He is up for reelection, has no Republican challenger.

There is a progressive running against him, but has no money. I have a good feeling about this guy. His name is Thomas Hermann, (http://www.votepeacevt.com/home.shtml) and even though he's pro-choice and for a progressive tax system, buys into global warming, wants state healthcare... He's got a lot of good things going for him and I am willing to bite the bullet and do what I can to get him into office.

I've talked to him about the bailout, he's very much against it for all the right reasons but said he was willing to make some concessions when I talked to him before the house voted. We talked for about 45 mins and I made it clear that I was against it COMPLETELY. I talked to him again today and he seems even more against it now than he was then.

Here's his platform:

1. Peace and Justice
Iraq and Afghan Wars

* Bring all the troops home now and take good care of them when they get home
* Vote against funding for the wars; funding only to bring them home
* Encourage GI’s to take action to end the war: encourage active duty soldiers and Iraq and Afghanistan veterans to join IVAW, to sign on to the Appeal for Redress, and use their rights under US law to speak out, demonstrate, and organize against this illegal, immoral and unjust war.

Torture and Detention

* Stop torture now; prosecute the torturers and those who ordered or facilitated mistreatment of prisoners
* No detention without speedy trial in a US court
* No suspension of Habeas Corpus

Hold Bush and Cheney Accountable

* Prosecute Bush and Cheney and Rumsfeld for violating the US Torture Statute and the Convention against Torture and Other Cruel, Inhuman or Degrading Treatment or Punishment
* To Bush and Cheney’s violations of the constitution, the Democratic Party leadership in Congress added their own violation: instead of defending the constitution they put an important part of the US constitution–the impeachment provisions--off the table. (Impeachment is mentioned 6 times in 5 different sections of the constitution).
* Hold Bush accountable for failing his duty under the constitution to "take care that the laws be faithfully executed" by issuing signing statements that claim the authority to disobey laws. And by taking action in violation of these laws, including the US law making torture a crime, laws regarding Congressional oversight that require providing information to Congress, laws regarding domestic spying, laws regarding civil liberties, and laws strengthening whistle blower protection.

2. Health Care

* ALL AMERICANS in one publicly funded single payer health plan (www.pnhp.org/facts/singlepayer_faq.php)
o No premiums, no co-pays, no deductibles, no not insured, no pre-existing condition.
o Insurance companies out.
* With less money than we are now paying for health care, all Vermonters and all Americans can be covered with high quality health care by expanding our existing Medicare and VA system to cover everyone.

3. Energy and Climate Change

Why Alternative Energy

* Stop subsidies for oil, nuclear, and coal
* Support rapid increase in energy efficiency in homes, offices, factories, and appliances to reduce energy consumption and reduce global warming
* Support rapid growth in wind, solar, hydro, geothermal, and wood–clean energy providing jobs, security, a clean environment, and better health
* Progressively mandate high gas mileage automobiles to strengthen the US car industry and fuel efficiency
* Support rapid expansion of rail and bus transportation, including high speed rail
(www.fra.dot.gov/us/content/200)
* Capture toxic metals and sequester carbon dioxide at coal plants
* Implement a carbon tax and use the funds for more rapidly implementing energy efficiency, wind, solar, and biomass, etc.
(www.carbontax.org/)
* Close Vermont Yankee and all other nuclear power plants and make the energy companies pay for cleaning up the sites and storing spent fuel

4. Stop Corporate Crime and Start Supporting Working People

* Indict and convict corporate criminals who are stealing trillions of dollars from workers, retirees, investors, and consumers.
* Make corporations and executives pay back all money wrongfully taken
* Democratize corporate governance
* 100% tax on excess executive compensation. Any pay 15 times more than lowest paid worker is excessive. In order for executives to get paid more they must raise pay overall. Example: If lowest paid worker gets $30,000 a year then maximum executive pay is $450,000 a year, any amount over would be taxed at 100%.
* Require full disclosure of all executive compensation including stock options and other bonuses.
* Make organizing a union easier–repeal Taft-Hartley and support the card check bill that provides union certification if a majority sign cards requesting it
* Repeal NAFTA and other trade agreements that send good jobs to other countries and exploit workers
* Adopt a livable wage of $10 an hour, adjusting for inflation
* Close loopholes in the tax system for the super rich and lower taxes on middle class and working people by using a progressive tier tax
* Enforce IRS tax code on corporations; tax evasion costs the average citizen $1600 annually, conservatively, according to testimony from former IRS commissioner Charles O. Rossotti
(query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9D03E6D7123EF936A35752C1A9649C8B 63)

5. Agriculture

* Mandatory Genetically Modified Organism (GMO) Labeling on all food products

* Protect Bio-Diversity and Food Supplies by banning Genetically Modified Organisms (GMO's)
(www.seedsofdeception.com/Public/AboutGeneticallyModifiedFoods/index.cfm)
* Provide federal grants and low cost loans to small to mid-size farms that are an integral part of the community
* End subsidies for Big Corporate Agri-business (i.e. Monsanto) and food for fuel crops that can control global food prices and create hunger.
* Tax breaks to organic farming and other green sustainable farming practices.
* Expand local food and agriculture labeling systems
* Enforce Fair Trade, tariffs on violations
(http://www.fairtradefederation.org/ht/display/Faqs/faqcat_id/1736)
* Legalize Industrial Hemp (votehemp.com/general_faqs.html#VoteHemp)

6. Civil Rights

* Women have the right to choose when it comes to decisions involving their body. Thomas Hermann supports that right. In addition, he supports comprehensive sexual education and access to birth control.
* Lesbian, gay, bi-sexual, and transgendered (LGBT) people are citizens entitled to the same rights others have, including marriage.
* End discrimination against gays in the military. End the "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" policy and replace it with equal rights.
* End spying on Americans without a warrant, a violation of the United States Constitution.
(www.usconstitution.net/const.html#Am4)

7.Elections and Civic Duty

* Implement a majority rule voting system such as instant runoff voting and proportional representation so more candidates can participate without risk of being a “spoiler.” The minority rule voting system we have narrows the choices. Providing a majority rule voting system opens the way for more candidates and more choices.
* End the Influence of money in elections which gives power to the corporations, the rich and super rich and that prevents ordinary citizens from their rightful access to power
* Enable Fair Election Now Act (www.cleanupwashington.org/fairelections/)
* End corporate contributions to candidates, PACs, 527s, and political parties
* End corporate participation in conventions and lobbying. Corporations are not people and they have no business participating in elections or in government.
* Require paper ballots and auditing of all elections
* No exclusion from debates of candidates who are on the ballot. Let the American people hear diverse views.
* Implement National Initiative for Democracy allowing citizens to make laws. Develops civic maturity and allows citizens to take ownership of our democracy (ni4d.us/parrishreport.htm)

8.Military Affairs
Recruitment/Contract Reform

* Eliminate predatory recruiting practices.
* Stop-Loss and the Inactive Ready Reserve (IRR) are both back door draft policies that are deceitfully vague and misleading to enlistees.
* Recruiters use the fear of being activated in the IRR to coerce re-enlistment of personnel into the National Guard and Reserves
* Policies should be clear, concise, and readily available to service members.
* End Military Obligation Service Clauses and Stop-Loss Policies
* Military contracts should be simple and reflect the principles of a true volunteer military Force.

Military Health Care for Life

* In addition to injuries from combat and non-combat events, our veterans were subjected to harmful environmental factors including but not limited to: Agent Orange, depleted uranium, foreign pathogens, military fuel, Anthrax vaccines, immunization cocktail vaccinations, and other harmful chemicals. Other dangers veterans face include undiagnosed traumatic brain injuries and post traumatic stress disorders (PTSD).
* Because symptoms of these environmental factors can take years to materialize, all Veterans should receive immediate comprehensive Health Care treatment/diagnosis with no deductibles, fees, co-pays, or other out of pocket expenses for life (until a publicly funded health-care system can be adopted for all Americans).

Speaking Out

* Active duty GIs and veterans have the right to speak out, join organizations, publish newspapers and blogs, and participate in civic affairs, such as rallies and demonstrations against the war. One example of effective speaking out is the Appeal for Redress http://www.appealforredress.org/ under which more than 2000 active duty GIs have publicly appealed to their Senators and Congressmen to say:

As a patriotic American proud to serve the nation in uniform, I respectfully urge my political leaders in Congress to support the prompt withdrawal of all American military forces and bases from Iraq. Staying in Iraq will not work and is not worth the price. It is time for U.S. troops to come home.

9. The Other War

* The So-Called “War on Drugs” has failed and has only filled our jails with non-violent offenders and cost tax payers $40 Billion a year and climbing (www.drugpolicy.org/library/factsheets/economiccons/fact_economic.cfm)
* Lessons learned in the Prohibition not realized: Criminalizing a substance only creates a subculture of crime.
* Decriminalize, tax, and regulate marijuana like alcohol and tobacco.
* Treat “Hard” drugs as a health issue not a legal one.
* Education, Treatment, Parental Vigilance will make a responsible moderate society.

10. The Second Amendment

* "A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed." Along with the six mentions of impeachment in five different sections of the constitution, the second amendment was designed to secure a free country in the face of potentially corrupt and malicious government officials. The second amendment provides citizens with the right to bear arms to defend our constitutional form of government from government officials who may choose to take power from the people and concentrate power in their own hands, rejecting civil liberties, our constitutional form of government, and the rule of law. The framers included the second amendment to provide a remedy if first amendment rights to freedom of speech, freedom of the press, the rights of the people peaceably to assemble and to petition the government are not respected. Thomas Herman supports the constitution, including the second amendment.
* Reform background checks to preserve privacy and keep violent criminals from obtaining firearms
* Improve firearms safety training critical to safeguarding against tragic incidents.
Thomas Hermann has personal experience with weapons.

While serving in the US Army, he received his Rifle Qualification Expert Badge with his M4.

heavenlyboy34
10-03-2008, 02:29 PM
Shaddegg voted yes? WTF?!!! Where's my torch and noose and map to his office? :confused:

tomveil
10-03-2008, 11:03 PM
Just a reminder, we have a strong Ron Paul republican running against Brian Baird here in the 3rd Congressional District (WA). Baird voted FOR the bailout, FISA, and the Patriot Act! If you'd like to help throw him out, PLEASE donate to Michael Delavar! We've already defeated the GOP-chosen candidate in the primary, now we need to throw Baird out!

ANYTHING YOU CAN DO HELPS!

www.delavarforcongress.com

DirtMcGirt
10-03-2008, 11:20 PM
this site might help-
http://www.sourcewatch.org/index.php?title=Congresspedia

has some lots of info at fist glance, not sure if it states who they are up against though...

heavenlyboy34
10-03-2008, 11:20 PM
bump-this is very important!

bojo68
10-03-2008, 11:26 PM
Just a reminder, we have a strong Ron Paul republican running against Brian Baird here in the 3rd Congressional District (WA). Baird voted FOR the bailout, FISA, and the Patriot Act! If you'd like to help throw him out, PLEASE donate to Michael Delavar! We've already defeated the GOP-chosen candidate in the primary, now we need to throw Baird out!

ANYTHING YOU CAN DO HELPS!

www.delavarforcongress.com

Mike's done pretty well. Kinda proud that I recruited him into the movement!:)

For my part, I'll take Wu, Hooley, Smith, and Walden, all from Oregon.

Hooley is retiring so there's not much we can do aside from make it known what a dastardly deed she did. My read on her is a self centered idiot that's nutz and has been from the word go, and I doubt she much cares. She got .5 mil in donations from people affected by the slavery bill, and I expect she'll get quite a bit more for her retirement. Has no reason to much care, she's put it to us good the way I see it.

Wu, got into some kinda sex trouble as a kid, ans as I told the office help today, he didn't get it then, and he doesn't get it now. I'll update his status later.

Gordon Smith, thinks he's SMART. He thinks his opinion is what matters. One of the types of games he plays is before the vote he said he hadn't made up his mind yet, I say bull puckey. He just run that scam so he wouldn't have to deal with us before he did it, and he thinks he's trick for his little tricks like that.
My question is, Gordon, is that why your son committed suicide?? Because he knew what a low class no integrity backstabber he was related to?
He is being challenged by a democrat that I doubt has had an original thought in his life, repeats the party line indefinitely and each time expects people to see the light and adorn him god. But probably still batter than Smith, haven't caught the democrat lying or underhanded like Gordon pulled on this one. The democrat is ahead by about 4 points according to polls now, it's close.

Greg Walden, is a little like Smith, thinks his opinion is more relevant than mine. Not really up on him, I'll see what I can dig up.

DirtMcGirt
10-03-2008, 11:30 PM
This may help too...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_House_elections,_2008

DirtMcGirt
10-04-2008, 09:12 PM
+1