PDA

View Full Version : The facts and TRUTH behind the bailout!

Sematary
10-03-2008, 07:33 AM
In case you were wondering WHY, suddenly, the government needed this bailout - check out this headline from September 25:

China stops its banks from lending to U.S. banks

BEIJING -- Mainland regulators have told domestic banks to stop lending to United States financial institutions in the interbank market in a bid to prevent possible losses during the financial crisis, industry sources said yesterday.

The ban from the China Banking Regulatory Commission (CBRC) applied to interbank lending of all currencies to US banks but not to banks from other countries, a source said.

The CBRC was not available for comment yesterday.

The decree appears to be Beijing's first attempt to erect defences against the deepening US financial meltdown after the mainland's major lenders reported billions of US dollars in exposure to the credit crisis.

http://www.gata.org/node/6670

And when did President Bush ask for this bailout?

September 25, 2008: 10:46 PM ET NEW YORK (CNNMoney.com) -- One day after President Bush said the nation's economy is at grave risk, the high-stakes negotiations over the proposed $700 billion bailout of the financial system ended in chaos on Thursday.

http://money.cnn.com/2008/09/25/news/economy/deal_reached/index.htm?postversion=2008092513

A COINCIDENCE that President Bush asked for this bailout ONE DAY ahead of the action by the Chinese? I don't think so. So put two and two together and now we know why there is a credit crisis amongst the larger institutions in the financial sector and who do you think the money is going to?

That's correct, Brad Sherman (D-CA) was on Kudlow and explained to the world that the $700 Billion wasn't meant for the US, it was meant for foreign investors.

"Paulson [Secretary of the Treasury] has made it clear he will recommend a veto of any bill that contained a clear provision that said if Americans did not own the asset on September 20th that it can't be sold to the Treasury.

Hundreds of billions of dollars are going to bail out foreign investors. They know it, they demanded it and the bill has been carefully written to make sure that can happen."

http://www.cafemom.com/journals/read/1236068/The_700_Billion_bailout_is_for_FOREIGNERS

Is it ANY SURPRISE that the main stream media has COMPLETELY ignored all of these facts? Not to me. Call your Representatives. We don't have much time left!

DFF
10-03-2008, 07:56 AM
Amazing.

HOLLYWOOD
10-03-2008, 08:01 AM
HE HE...

Catastrophic events haev happen... the clowns don't want you to know about the FOREIGN MARGIN call, aka, NO MORE MONEY for the U.S. government.

Well, this one way to stop the Imperial Empires accelerated quests for NWO!

Such FOOLS in Washington DC!

oilboiler
10-03-2008, 08:06 AM
from London Banker...

As I write this I don’t know the outcome of the attempt to ram through legislation for looting the US Treasury of $700 billion before the end of the Bush administration. I suspect that Congress will force the passage of the bill in some form because the media and political narrative on the necessity of the measure is unremitting and so horribly biased.

No alternatives will be considered.

No constraints on the unilateral executive authority of Hank Paulson will be considered.

No assurances that funds will be used to unlock credit markets or promote lending to the real economy (as opposed to the financial robber barons) will be considered.

Instead, the bill will get laden with an additional 300 pages of pork to sway the dissenters, adding to the tab imposed on the American taxpayer.

Having listened to all 42 minutes of the late night Treasury briefing of investment banks on Sunday, there is no doubt in my mind that this legislation represents the sort of federal largesse for Goldman Sachs, Morgan Stanley, Citibank and JPMorgan Chase that the Iraq war provided for Halliburton and Blackwater.

The most cynical moment in the call is when the Treasury official confirms, ”our preference would be to help the healthy banks become even healthier” rather than helping troubled banks or illiquid banks.

America is now a centrally planned economy where the Treasury will determine which firms survive and prosper through allocation of scarce capital to an undercapitalised financial sector.

Clearly what is going on here has nothing to do with kick starting the credit markets or stabilising the equity markets or restoring depositor confidence in banks. (Treasury official: “No provision in the legislation that mandates re-lending.”) What is going on here is a blatant attempt to provide government funds to a select cadre of firms (not all banks) which are chosen to be the survivors feasting off the carcasses of their less fortunate and less well-connected brethren as the downturn intensifies in the years to come.

more:
http://londonbanker.blogspot.com/2008/10/financial-eugenics-paulson-plan-for.html

oilboiler
10-03-2008, 08:22 AM
http://ftalphaville.ft.com/blog/2008/10/02/16594/dr-doom-on-bailouts-timebombs-and-the-untarnished-allure-of-gold/

ihsv
10-03-2008, 08:27 AM
I believe this to be the case, as well.

Sematary
10-03-2008, 10:31 AM
I believe this to be the case, as well.

How could anyone believe otherwise. The evidence is right there.