PDA

View Full Version : The House is SUPPOSED to represent THE PEOPLE

DFF
10-03-2008, 01:07 AM
And the people are OVERWHEMINGLY opposed to the bailout.

Look at any poll, read any article, talk to any person; it's not even close.

Ergo, assuming the House goes ahead and votes "Yes" after being bribed, and bullied; what do y'all think the people's response should be?

bunklocoempire
10-03-2008, 02:19 AM
Along with all the unconstitutional events that has led up to this, and that it is essentially taxation without representation, we should look at all the tools our founders deemed necessary to get us out of messes like this.

Any voter who cries foul should know their rights, ALL their rights. Help them.

When you do talk to a person who has had enough, you will have to help them examine themselves and let them determin for themselves, what Liberty means to them, and what keeping Liberty entails or may entail. Each person has their own "line in the sand".

As what happened in our 1st Revolution from what i've learned, a common "line in the sand" starts in neighborhoods.

Realize alot of sheep have gladly "traded security for Liberty" already. While I won't give up, I feel we actually have a greater struggle than our founders.

Folks have got to want Liberty.

What should the peoples response be?

#1 Talk to your neighbors. #2 Keep eductaing yourself and others with all mediums available to you, these forums and others, voting third party etc..

Sorry for the somewhat vague answer, I hope you understand what I'm getting at. The book "A Leap In The Dark" by author John Ferling gives a real account of "peoples responses", what our Republic is experiencing now as to then is so similar it'll blow your mind if your not already aware. And if you are aware of history repeating itself, the book will give game plans and what to expect. I cannot praise this book enough.

Bunkloco

Mattsa
10-03-2008, 03:03 AM
And the people are OVERWHEMINGLY opposed to the bailout.

Look at any poll, read any article, talk to any person; it's not even close.

Ergo, assuming the House goes ahead and votes "Yes" after being bribed, and bullied; what do y'all think the people's response should be?

The American people can't be left in any doubt that the political elite are not representatives of the people.

This has been the case for decades. It's just taken a monumantal crisis to expose the truth.

If congress votes down the Paulson's bill, they'll show their real colours. I'm left in no doubt Bush will cancel the 2008 election and impose martial law to keep this system going.

By the end of the weekend, America will know what its fate is.

fj45lvr
10-03-2008, 03:29 AM
What should the peoples response be?

Bunkloco

The RESPONSE is one that requires SACRAFICE of you; Life & Liberty (1776).

Why do people so easily ignore what we have clearly been shown by our predecessors in history??? These were wise men that knew the government was EVIL:

"If the representatives of the people betray their constituents, there is then no resource left but in the exertion of that original right of self-defense (http://gunshowonthenet.com/AfterTheFact/RightofDefense.html) which is paramount to all positive forms of government . . . The citizens must rush tumultuously to arms..."
- Alexander Hamilton, Federalist #28 (http://gunshowonthenet.com/FederalistPapers/FedNo28.html).

And all these "forums" and "chat rooms" never focus on what is PARAMOUNT....letters, signs, emails, etc. and etc. THEY are LAUGHING at you. You HAVE to hit them where it HURTS, that is OBVIOUS.

slacker921
10-03-2008, 04:58 AM
fwiw .. I was in a group of people yesterday and we did a show of hands to see who was against the bailout AND had contacted their congressperson and senator --- 3/4 raised their hand. These were not politically active people. I was shocked.

demolama
10-03-2008, 08:01 AM
These guys don't represent the people because their district is made up of 250,000+ people. The House of Representatives is the people's house and it has ceased to be since they capped the limit to 435. The Founding Fathers wanted districts to be between 30,000 and 50,000. They expected thousands of people in the House. They felt the smaller the district the better reflection of the constituency they represent.

The slogan should be "no taxation without accurate representation."

Mahkato
10-03-2008, 08:08 AM
These guys don't represent the people because their district is made up of 250,000+ people. The House of Representatives is the people's house and it has ceased to be since they capped the limit to 435. The Founding Fathers wanted districts to be between 30,000 and 50,000. They expected thousands of people in the House. They felt the smaller the district the better reflection of the constituency they represent.

The slogan should be "no taxation without accurate representation."

http://www.thirty-thousand.org/

nullvalu
10-03-2008, 08:24 AM

this is a very interesting site, thanks for the link!

ihsv
10-03-2008, 08:32 AM
My congressman (Ron Lewis) voted for the bailout last time. I called his office before that first vote and the fellow said they had zero calls in favor of the bill. All were against. I have little hope that he's going to vote no on this, since he's not running for reelection. He has nothing to lose, and I'm sure he's been promised the moon if he goes along with this scheme.

HOLLYWOOD
10-03-2008, 08:38 AM
HEY!

Where's the FISA Act to SPY on all these Politicians, Lobbyists, Banks, Corporations in their TERRORIST/TREASONIST schemes against the American people.

NSA, care to provide Americans with the TRUTH about CONGRESS, the government financial organizations, and BANKS?

You know they have the data... the NSA is the largest "USER" of data storage in the WORLD!

DFF
10-03-2008, 09:29 AM
Well, if I may, allow me to propose a "radical" solution to the problem: diplomacy has utterly failed, and the Constitution, specifically the 2nd amendment, gives us the right to keep and bear arms, to protect us in the event the Government gets too big and too out of control, and replace it with one as we see fit. After Iraq, where literally millions have been killed/maimed and now with this pillaging and looting of Americans by the banking elite, I feel this time is now upon us. It's time to take these bastards down by force.

DFF
10-03-2008, 09:31 AM
The RESPONSE is one that requires SACRAFICE of you; Life & Liberty (1776).

Why do people so easily ignore what we have clearly been shown by our predecessors in history??? These were wise men that knew the government was EVIL:

"If the representatives of the people betray their constituents, there is then no resource left but in the exertion of that original right of self-defense (http://gunshowonthenet.com/AfterTheFact/RightofDefense.html) which is paramount to all positive forms of government . . . The citizens must rush tumultuously to arms..."
- Alexander Hamilton, Federalist #28 (http://gunshowonthenet.com/FederalistPapers/FedNo28.html).

And all these "forums" and "chat rooms" never focus on what is PARAMOUNT....letters, signs, emails, etc. and etc. THEY are LAUGHING at you. You HAVE to hit them where it HURTS, that is OBVIOUS.

LOL...you were one step ahead of me.

Truth Warrior
10-03-2008, 09:34 AM
The House is SUPPOSED to represent THE PEOPLE

Yeah right, that and several other LIES taught by "government schools". :p :rolleyes:

Mortikhi
10-03-2008, 09:39 AM
Well, if I may, allow me to propose a "radical" solution to the problem: diplomacy has utterly failed, and the Constitution, specifically the 2nd amendment, gives us the right to keep and bear arms, to protect us in the event the Government gets too big and too out of control, and replace it with one as we see fit. After Iraq, where literally millions have been killed/maimed and now with this pillaging and looting of Americans by the banking elite, I feel this time is now upon us. It's time to take these bastards down by force.

Me, you, and fj45lvr makes three.

The problem we have is that there are too many soft bellied people in the revolution. They say we need to bring change from within. They say that we need to bring change through our votes. They have yet to realize that TPTB are changing our country to a point of no return and the only solution left is a full out retaking of our country ala the way the country was founded.

fr33domfightr
10-03-2008, 09:57 AM

Very interesting indeed. Reinstating the original representative ratio or a modification thereof, would be a good start in reconnecting the people to the house. As mentioned at the site by one congressman, should the ratio be increased to 50,000 to 60,000 people per representative, we would be looking at 6000 to 5000 respectively. A VERY large number, and probably cumbersome. I'd really like to see representatives spend less time in Washinton D.C. and spend more time in their districts. With the use of internet technology, reps could stay in touch with the people, and sample their constituency to get a feel about the issues.

What ratio would you all like to see?

Thanks again for the link!

FF

Truth Warrior
10-03-2008, 10:05 AM
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/representative (http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/representative)

"When words lose their meaning, people will lose their liberty." -- Confucius