PDA

View Full Version : Porky Bailout - it still needs 3 more rollcall votes before it's law.

grostig
10-02-2008, 10:29 PM
Porky Bailout - it still needs 3 more rollcall votes before it's law. We can still stop it!

1. House Vote - Friday! (October 3rd)
2. Conference bill negotiation to reconcile differences, but also adding secret provisions, more pork and more corruption.
3. House Vote on conference bill - next week?
4. Senate Vote on conference bill - next week?
5. President signs bill.

Please forward this far and wide, especially to meetups outside Austin, TX.
Meetup is a poor organizing tool, because one can only send it to 3 groups in any 24 hour period. :(

New Talking Points - Senate Bill Worse Because:

• $150 Billion More Pork

Wasteful spending in selected states for 'wooden arrows', 'sheep ranchers', 'car racing' and 'bicycle riders'.

• Market Drops Every Time

Drops right after senate yes vote in after market trading and next day. Market also dropped before the House vote which as was expected to be yes. Market was up after the surprise House no vote.

• Won't Work Anyway

Even supporters not sure it will work. Warren Buffett not sure either, even though he wants it to pass to prop up his insurance and recent banking investments. This is only the beginning of ever increasing bailouts and even secret cash injections.

• Unfunded Mandates

Insurance much more expensive because forced allopathic psychiatric coverage.

• More Tax Cuts

Cutting taxes without cutting spending. Deficient spending financed by fake Federal Reserve money is what got us here in the first place.

• Unlimited Liability

FDIC can draw unlimited funds from taxpayers to bail out even super rich people's accounts, way beyond $250K per account.

Had trouble faxing or reaching your reps in DC recently?
We had no problem reaching them at their local offices within their state!
The best, most complete senate/congressional contact information is all on one page here:
http://debateitall.com

In Liberty
Grant Rostig
Organizing and Uniting to Restore Liberty - RonPaulGroupsDOTcom

gb13
10-02-2008, 10:41 PM
Nice talking points. I'm going to use them when I call my rep again tomorrow.

Carole
10-02-2008, 10:53 PM
Ouch!! Really?

Be sure to mention the $1 million dollar per month salaries for Investment creeps on Wall Street. This is discretionary as Paulson can elect to increase it as he desires. So much for not rewarding Banking industry.

Also mention the Foreign bailouts. China and others are the lucky winners. Instead of suing for their grievances, they will be bailed out by Americans.

I think that was in Sec 112 of the bill.

Micah Dardar
10-02-2008, 11:29 PM
Pork? Dammit, no talk of beefing up our levees either!