PDA

View Full Version : What Do You Think? Will The Bail Out Pass the House on Friday?

nodope0695
10-02-2008, 09:48 PM
I'm interested in what y'all are thinking. Please comment too.

nodope0695
10-02-2008, 09:51 PM
I think it will fail to pass due to overwhelming outcry from the citizens. Regardless of the amendments, and assurances from the talking heads that its the best thing for america, it think it should, and will fail.

Jeremy
10-02-2008, 09:54 PM
i think it will pass because the supporters of it made the people who voted no look like they dont understand economics or that theyre clinging to theyre stupid constituents

siiiiiiigh

nodope0695
10-02-2008, 09:57 PM
i think it will pass because the supporters of it made the people who voted no look like they dont understand economics or that theyre clinging to theyre stupid constituents

siiiiiiigh

Good point...whats so annoying about this is that the people who don't support the bill DO INDEED understand what the bill means.

The people who support it are neofascist sellouts and deserve nothing short of to be tried and hanged for treason.:mad:

cswake
Corporate lobbyist influence and bribe money in the bill will get more than 12 people to switch their vote.

Call Me V
Sadly...I believe it will pass... :(

afmatt
10-02-2008, 10:00 PM
Cmo guys. Right now our time is better spent working towards making sure we do everything we can do to make sure it doesn't pass.

20 years from now I want to be able to look back on this time and be able to say that I did EVERYTHING POSSIBLE to stop this.

RickyJ
10-02-2008, 10:03 PM
It will pass. It is a done deal. The Congress critters have shown their facade of independence by rejecting the first bill, now they must get in line. They know they are not free.

RickyJ
10-02-2008, 10:04 PM
Cmo guys. Right now our time is better spent working towards making sure we do everything we can do to make sure it doesn't pass.

20 years from now I want to be able to look back on this time and be able to say that I did EVERYTHING POSSIBLE to stop this.

It doesn't matter what you do or what you say, it will pass.

Tarabell952
10-02-2008, 10:23 PM
Yeah.. They are saying in news articles now that they have gotten many people to switch from no to yes votes.. one of them being my stupid congresswoman, Ileana Ros-Lehtinen. I wrote her a thank you email after she originially voted no. I have contacted her numerous times to demand that she vote no again. But apparently she got bought out. I know someone I'm NOT voting for in November :mad:

fr33domfightr
10-02-2008, 10:26 PM
You know, if things go south after this passes, the congressman who voted for this will get blamed. The beauty is, things may already be heading south, no matter what gets passed. I think a big turn over in the Legislative Branch would be a good thing actually.

FF

purplechoe
10-02-2008, 10:26 PM
It doesn't matter what you do or what you say, it will pass.

So I take it you haven't called and emailed your senator yet? You never now. If we put enough of fear of God into them, they just might vote no. Everybody thought that the immigration bill was done deal with the backing of the whole establishment.

Dorfsmith
10-02-2008, 10:28 PM
Sadly...I believe it will pass... :(

Me too :(

RonPaulR3VOLUTION
10-02-2008, 10:52 PM
I was watching CNBC and they said something like, "Whether we get the bailout tomorrow or not, it simply may not matter."

What a change from just the other day when they were talking like we were one bailout away from prosperity.

Scotso
10-02-2008, 11:33 PM
The capacity of the Congress to make the wrong decision on every issue doesn't really surprise me. It'll pass.