PDA

View Full Version : Sarah Palin has won the debate

Liberty Star
10-02-2008, 07:51 PM
I think, by beating the game of low expectations standing against a guy with 35 years of foreign policy experience ( so smart, he happened to vote for Iraq war resolution). Palin's flag pin is also bigger than that of Biden's.

Although, personally I disagree with Palin's views more than I disagree with Biden's current views.

forsmant
10-02-2008, 07:58 PM
debate is not over

Liberty Star
10-02-2008, 08:00 PM
True, that projection was just based on early returns.
Despite some blunders, Palin has held her own so far and that was defined as a "win" for her by many.

heavenlyboy34
10-02-2008, 08:01 PM
Did you notice she said she loves public schools? This is neither conservative nor libertarian! :eek::mad: This woman is a poser, like I've been sayin! ;)

forsmant
10-02-2008, 08:04 PM
Bide said Cheany is the most dangerous VP ever. He is hitting that out of the park. He was way right on that one. VP is a tie breaker and 2nd in line and advisor, that is all.

Liberty Star
10-02-2008, 08:04 PM
All 4 in this game, like big majority in our congress, are posers for the most part. Biden is probably one of the few straight talking guys and to a lesser extent McCain shares that trait. Obama is probably the biggest poser of all four in this race.
Palin is just a simple minded believer caught up in a big race way over her head but she's learning fast.

Monolithic
10-02-2008, 08:19 PM
haha are you kidding

biden absolutely destroyed her, and her tore apart her whole "TEAM OF MAVERICKS" thing

i was watching the cnn line chart where they have dems repubs and inds go up or down depending on if they like what they hear, biden shot to the roof at least 4 times

Monolithic
10-02-2008, 08:22 PM
all of CNNs analysts came up with biden overall winning, except for 1

Liberty Star
10-02-2008, 08:25 PM
I was projecting how it will be read by majority of people and Palin won by just not falling down, in fact she appeared to be quite adept at debating.

No offense but I no longer care about charts on MSM based on reactions of hand picked "audiences".

Sandra
10-02-2008, 08:29 PM
She goes into baby talk when she insults Biden. Kinda like the Vancombe lady.

RJB
10-02-2008, 08:30 PM
They both won.

We the people lost.

Liberty Star
10-02-2008, 08:32 PM
They both won.

We the people lost.

Can't disagree with that.

Quality of our top leadership these days is a matter of shame for us all.

VoteForRonPaul
10-02-2008, 08:36 PM
Palin is just a simple minded believer caught up in a big race way over her head but she's learning fast.
Are you a 13 years old? :confused:

Liberty Star
10-02-2008, 08:40 PM
LOL I meant she's learning to deal with media/"American people" fast, her background as a sports news caster is also helping her do well talking to the lens.

I didn't mean at all that she's growing smarter in policy views or grasp of policies. She's still a simple minded child who is learning her role fast and happens to be adept at debating front of camera.

VoteForRonPaul
10-02-2008, 08:45 PM
I do not like to laugh at people, I am sorry if it sounded like that, but man you seem like supporting McCain/Palin ticket with all of your heart.

Monolithic
10-02-2008, 08:47 PM
CBS uncommitted voters on who won the debate:

46 : 21
Biden : Palin

IPSecure
10-02-2008, 08:48 PM
Also...

Dieseler
10-02-2008, 08:49 PM
haha are you kidding

biden absolutely destroyed her, and her tore apart her whole "TEAM OF MAVERICKS" thing

i was watching the cnn line chart where they have dems repubs and inds go up or down depending on if they like what they hear, biden shot to the roof at least 4 times

Yeah, they have a bunch of OBama supporters hooked up to a Wii console on the other end of that thing.
Edit: I forgot to add the
:rolleyes:

anaconda
10-02-2008, 08:55 PM
I was shocked as hell. She sounded very confident and well-spoken with her content-less answers. She said nothing of substance but didn't sound tripped up nor did she flounder with insanely bad sentence structure like in the Katie Couric interviews. At least during the few minutes I was listening.

NMCB3
10-02-2008, 09:30 PM
They are all a bunch of statist collectivists who think nothing of taxing and regulating us into oblivion.:)

nodope0695
10-02-2008, 09:35 PM
That "debate" was nothing short of political theatre. Absolutely a waste of time, and completely useless.

SnappleLlama
10-02-2008, 09:36 PM
That "debate" was nothing short of political theatre. Absolutely a waste of time, and completely useless.

Welcome to American politics!

:D;)

bojo68
10-02-2008, 09:43 PM

Thank you, I thought my decision to ignore it would be correct.

Zippyjuan
10-02-2008, 09:49 PM
In the sense that she was not as embarassing as some thought/ hoped she might be, yes- you could say she won. Did she do enough better to sway voters to John McCain? I don't think any significant numbers will move his way after that. The economy is the biggest issue and they spent little time on that. Like many polititians she dodged some questions asked and answered the ones she wanted to be asked instead. Biden avoided being seen as either picking on her or being condesending to her. People know a lot about him- they were tuning in to see how Palin would do.

tonesforjonesbones
10-02-2008, 10:09 PM
I am now convinced I am on a forum with a bunch of liberal lunatic shills. OR you hate women. Palin was wonderful...Fox news has her winning by a landslide and of course CNN (a liberal whackadoo channel) has Biden winning by a landslide. Palin knows more in her little finger than ANY of you...Biden liked her...you could tell. I liked him also. If you think that Palin was shallow, or whatever...it is clear to me that you all read too much Huffington Post. I honestly can't take many of you seriously anymore. You go with the trend... The liberal media says Palin is a bimbo...so she's a bimbo. I like this ticket : Biden/Palin 2008! TONES

tonesforjonesbones
10-02-2008, 10:10 PM
I think some of you are skeeeerd to like her...oooooh....your wittle fwiends on here might not laugh at your jokes anymore . <eyeroll> TONES

devil21
10-02-2008, 10:21 PM
I was shocked as hell. She sounded very confident and well-spoken with her content-less answers. She said nothing of substance but didn't sound tripped up nor did she flounder with insanely bad sentence structure like in the Katie Couric interviews. At least during the few minutes I was listening.

You must have missed the Global Warming answer. Wow that was a clusterfuck just like the Couric interview.

And I swear Palin had some gadget on her podium. She was looking down way too much, appeared to even be typing at one point, she picked up something and the camera cut away immediately, etc.

Dieseler
10-02-2008, 10:25 PM
The old gal did pretty good considering.
I reckon I'll vote for her.
Not much other choice except for the anti Christ.

Nirvikalpa
10-02-2008, 10:49 PM
I am now convinced I am on a forum with a bunch of liberal lunatic shills. OR you hate women. Palin was wonderful...Fox news has her winning by a landslide and of course CNN (a liberal whackadoo channel) has Biden winning by a landslide. Palin knows more in her little finger than ANY of you...Biden liked her...you could tell. I liked him also. If you think that Palin was shallow, or whatever...it is clear to me that you all read too much Huffington Post. I honestly can't take many of you seriously anymore. You go with the trend... The liberal media says Palin is a bimbo...so she's a bimbo. I like this ticket : Biden/Palin 2008! TONES

Glad we agree she's a bimbo.... GIVE.ME.LIBERTY. :p:D;)

Come on though, seriously. If she related one more circumstance to sports, I think I would have reached into my TV and smacked her silly.

anaconda
10-02-2008, 11:19 PM
That debate should be sufficient grounds to fire both of them. God, this is what Americans are accepting?

heavenlyboy34
10-02-2008, 11:19 PM
I think some of you are skeeeerd to like her...oooooh....your wittle fwiends on here might not laugh at your jokes anymore . <eyeroll> TONES

Methinks you're full of it! :rolleyes: I'm one of the few who gave her a chance when she was nominated, and she blew it. She became a tool for the neocon machine. :( Many of the posts I saw here were positive about her, other than her support for McLame. I've been saying that I would consider her for pres if she were on top and someone reasonable was VP.

devil21
10-03-2008, 03:50 AM

Put that exact post to a Palin voice and thats EXACTLY why I can't stand her. What a condescending bitch, talking to people like they are 8 years old. She appeals to the low IQ fundie idiots of the GOP with her stupid folksy Fargo bullshit. "Well looky here! I just pulled a muskey outta that dadburned lake so I guess I mightaswell just be President now dontcha know!"

Sadly, maybe that will be enough to elect a fucking fisherwoman to the White House.

We are so screwed.

Truth Warrior
10-03-2008, 03:52 AM
that "debate" was nothing short of political theatre. Absolutely a waste of time, and completely useless. qft!

LibertyForAll
10-03-2008, 04:04 AM
...Fox news has her winning by a landslide
I've been away for awhile but since when is Fox news relevant?

notbornyesterday
10-03-2008, 04:09 AM
I think Palin had it going on early, but Biden finally hit his stride about 2/3 of the way through. I have to admit, I felt the sincerety of his emotions when he got choked up about his first wife and kid (kids?) who died in a car wreck in 1972. It was so genuine that it served as a kind of "cut-the-crap, Sarah" moment, and I don't think Palin ever got her footing back.

I have never been a fan of Biden and still cringe every time I hear him talk about putting 100,000 cops on the street (change the drug laws and crime goes down by definition and the economy benefits...but that's another debate), but tonight, I have to say, he came across as almost classy compared to Palin's smarmy, kind of gosh-shucks demeanor.

And the winks, I think, may come back to haunt her. Three winks!

libertarian4321
10-03-2008, 04:52 AM
The entire debate was lame.

Biden was dull, pretty typical political hack stuff. He had a lot of facts, but presented them like a boring old pol.

Palin rarely answered the questions asked, just spewed out canned answers. However, she got far more "cutesy" and "folksy" points- and those things do sway weak-minded voters.

Not that it matters, we are SCREWED with McBama/Palin/Biden.

Hiki
10-03-2008, 04:57 AM
Just imagine Ron Paul debating Palin or Biden. He would totally kick their arses.

LittleLightShining
10-03-2008, 05:19 AM
Tones, I was thinking the same thing. I must admit I went to bed at 9:30 because I felt like I got the gist of it by then, but Palin was great. And I was impressed with Biden, too. I thought to myself, these 2 should be on the tops of the tickets.

Not that I would vote for either of them, mind you, but I just like them better than Obama and Mcain.

blancmange
10-03-2008, 05:28 AM
Palin made biden her bitch.

Christianalwaysg124RP
10-03-2008, 05:54 AM
Did you notice she said she loves public schools? This is neither conservative nor libertarian! :eek::mad: This woman is a poser, like I've been sayin! ;)

It's not so much that libertarians and conservatives don't like public schools. They are against the current system in America. They don't feel public schools promote free speech and an independent-free minded type learning. Though, some would disagree.

Christianalwaysg124RP
10-03-2008, 05:58 AM
Sarah Palin didn't even answer the question proposed to her about what did they have a change of mind in during their political career. "I guess there are some budgets I changed my mind about" was her answer.

blancmange
10-03-2008, 06:06 AM
Biden got trounced. What a tired old bastard he was.

Proctor
10-03-2008, 08:57 AM
all of CNNs analysts came up with biden overall winning, except for 1

Went the complete opposite way on Fox News! I was watching for some late night humor. Not one even criticized ANYTHING palin said.

Kade
10-03-2008, 09:04 AM
Palin explained how she wanted legislative control as Vice President, Biden's response was about the limits of the Constitution.

The Vice President is an adviser at most, and Palin is an magnanimous moron. There is no way Palin won this debate. The only thing she had done was not entirely look like an idiot.

She just pretended that America was a teleprompter. Idiot.

jmdrake
10-03-2008, 09:05 AM

I think you just like her because unlike Giuliani she looks good in a skirt. :rolleyes:

If you think Sarah Palin embracing the bailout as "free market" is somehow "conservative" then I'm not sure what else there is to say. Palin held her own and because expectations were so low that counts as a "win". And with her being a woman Biden was having to fight with one hand behind his back. Under normal circumstances she would have been smacked down for her stupid "I don't have to answer the moderator's question because I'm talking to the American people" quip.

Kade
10-03-2008, 09:09 AM

I am scared of Palin actually, scared that she just raped women's rights back to the stone age, while pretending to be qualified for anything but a PTSA chairwoman.

I'm scared that she may be a literal heartbeat away from nuclear codes, "dang gonnit".

I'm scared that this absolutely stupid piece of trash, book burning, creationist moron, might actually think the country supports her, and decides to bomb Iran just because they "don't like Jeeebus".

If Christianity had an ounce of truth to it, which it doesn't, she would be the whore of Babylon.

lucius
10-03-2008, 09:17 AM
Palin explained how she wanted legislative control as Vice President, Biden's response was about the limits of the Constitution.

The Vice President is an adviser at most, and Palin is an magnanimous moron. There is no way Palin won this debate. The only thing she had done was not entirely look like an idiot.

She just pretended that America was a teleprompter. Idiot.

You still believe, don't you? This debate was about as valid/pertinent as a Tijuana greyhound race--same shit, different piles...

Kade
10-03-2008, 09:42 AM
You still believe, don't you? This debate was about as valid/pertinent as a Tijuana greyhound race--same shit, different piles...

You ever see a greyhound try to go down a set of steep stairs?

tonesforjonesbones
10-03-2008, 09:59 AM
Kade...Palin resonates with middle America...she resonates with the Christian right. If you don't like that tough stuff. TONES

RickyJ
10-03-2008, 10:01 AM
I am scared of Palin actually, scared that she just raped women's rights back to the stone age

No one has the right to kill a-hole!

tonesforjonesbones
10-03-2008, 10:03 AM
Kade...Ron Paul is not a pro lifer. McCain and Palin both say leave it to the states..as far as abortion goes. JUST like Ron Paul. TONES

Golding
10-03-2008, 10:24 AM
I think, by beating the game of low expectations standing against a guy with 35 years of foreign policy experience ( so smart, he happened to vote for Iraq war resolution). Palin's flag pin is also bigger than that of Biden's.

Although, personally I disagree with Palin's views more than I disagree with Biden's current views.Good satire.

The whole "Undervalue yourself before the debate/Exaggerate your performance after the debate" scheme is at the point now where it's ridiculous. Not falling flat on your face should never be looked at as an achievement. It should be looked at as a given.

Theocrat
10-03-2008, 10:32 AM
I am scared of Palin actually, scared that she just raped women's rights back to the stone age, while pretending to be qualified for anything but a PTSA chairwoman.

I'm scared that she may be a literal heartbeat away from nuclear codes, "dang gonnit".

I'm scared that this absolutely stupid piece of trash, book burning, creationist moron, might actually think the country supports her, and decides to bomb Iran just because they "don't like Jeeebus".

If Christianity had an ounce of truth to it, which it doesn't, she would be the whore of Babylon.

You are such a Christophobe, Kade. You sure have a lot of hatred for someone you don't believe exists.

Kade
10-03-2008, 11:13 AM
You are such a Christophobe, Kade. You sure have a lot of hatred for someone you don't believe exists.

I don't hate anyone. I certainly don't hate something that doesn't exist. I can have strong reservations against people who believe in magical beings, and want to force me to do the same.

Kade
10-03-2008, 11:14 AM
Kade...Palin resonates with middle America...she resonates with the Christian right. If you don't like that tough stuff. TONES

The Christian Right is the worst thing to happen to this country since the Townshend Acts.

jmdrake
10-03-2008, 11:21 AM
Kade...Ron Paul is not a pro lifer. McCain and Palin both say leave it to the states..as far as abortion goes. JUST like Ron Paul. TONES

If Ron Paul is not a pro lifer then he is the biggest liar to ever run for office. And I don't think Ron Paul is a liar. For crying out loud did you read the pro life slim jim the campaign put together when he was still actively running for president? Most pro lifers have read the tea leaves. If abortion was left up to the states (like it was before Roe v. Wade) the overwhelming majority of states would quickly put severe restrictions on abortion. So "leaving it up to the states" is the pro life position. When pressed to vote on the issue as a member of the house Dr. Paul did vote for a FEDERAL partial birth abortion law although he was quit critical of the law itself and said he'd rather have voted to strip the federal courts of the right to hear abortion cases. But that's a tactical difference, not a goal difference.

Regards,

John M. Drake

jmdrake
10-03-2008, 11:38 AM

Hmmmm....are you aware of the fact that:

A) More women oppose abortion than men (http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2003/01/22/opinion/polls/main537570.shtml)?

and

B) Susan B. Anthony was against abortion (http://womenshistory.about.com/library/bio/blanthony.htm)?

I'm not sure what other "rights" you might be referring to. Certainly Palin hopes women keep the vote. ;) I assume she also wants to get paid the same as Dick Cheney.

Now that IS something to be scared of. With Palin's total misunderstanding of the Georgian situation, her desire to expand NATO and her belief that we should be willing to go to war with Russia the next time some stupid east european crackpot decides to attack Russian troops she's clearly unfit for command. Also her statement that Iran should be barred from even having "nuclear energy" was telling.

If you only want to vote for non Christians then that knocks out everybody including Ron Paul. Also if you are "skeered" of people who believe God created the world you're scared of 2/3rds of your fellow Americans (http://www.usatoday.com/news/washington/2007-06-07-evolution-debate_N.htm). You must not sleep well at night.

Regards,

John M. Drake

Kade
10-03-2008, 11:45 AM
Hmmmm....are you aware of the fact that:

A) More women oppose abortion than men (http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2003/01/22/opinion/polls/main537570.shtml)?

and

B) Susan B. Anthony was against abortion (http://womenshistory.about.com/library/bio/blanthony.htm)?

I'm not sure what other "rights" you might be referring to. Certainly Palin hopes women keep the vote. ;) I assume she also wants to get paid the same as Dick Cheney.

Now that IS something to be scared of. With Palin's total misunderstanding of the Georgian situation, her desire to expand NATO and her belief that we should be willing to go to war with Russia the next time some stupid east european crackpot decides to attack Russian troops she's clearly unfit for command. Also her statement that Iran should be barred from even having "nuclear energy" was telling.

If you only want to vote for non Christians then that knocks out everybody including Ron Paul. Also if you are "skeered" of people who believe God created the world you're scared of 2/3rds of your fellow Americans (http://www.usatoday.com/news/washington/2007-06-07-evolution-debate_N.htm). You must not sleep well at night.

Regards,

John M. Drake

I wasn't talking about abortion.. .women's rights in regards to their movement in politics. Palin is a shrill retard, one step below Cowboy Retard. She was "chosen" for the position, she didn't earn it. This knocks women right out of an earned spot among the elite. That is to what I was referring, I didn't bring up abortion, you folks did.

Abortion is a privacy issue. It is between a woman and her doctor. Sorry you disagree. I don't want to go into, because I know what stunts you will pull.

jmdrake
10-03-2008, 12:08 PM
I wasn't talking about abortion.. .women's rights in regards to their movement in politics. Palin is a shrill retard, one step below Cowboy Retard. She was "chosen" for the position, she didn't earn it. This knocks women right out of an earned spot among the elite. That is to what I was referring, I didn't bring up abortion, you folks did.

Abortion is a privacy issue. It is between a woman and her doctor. Sorry you disagree. I don't want to go into, because I know what stunts you will pull.

LOL. I don't want to go into, because I know what stunts you will pull. You sound like Sarah Palin. :p Her "line of the night" was "I don't have to answer your question because I'm talking to the American people". Abortion is only a "privacy issue" if you assume the unborn child is a non person. No sane person would say that a parent had an absolute right to kill his born child because of "privacy" since we recognize the individual right the child to live. When talking about abortion Dr. Paul pointed out that as an obstetrician he's held liable for damage to the fetus, not just damage to the mother. Also if you've ever read any of the books that ALL hospitals give mothers who have miscarriages (I know, we had one) you'd know that the medical community strongly insists that the fetus is a "baby" under those circumstances but takes the contradictory position that it's not if the mother so chooses. Choice does not change biology. Either it is a baby or it's not. While I don't take the hard line "at conception" position, I don't think you can definitely say that latter in pregnancy, when you can even see the eyelids under 3D ultrasound, that you're just talking about a "mass of cells".

http://www.peekawomb.com/images/3DUltrasoundImage-1.jpg

As for you point about Palin's lack of qualifications hurting women candidates, I can see that. I fear the same for Barack on hurting future black candidates. But Palin isn't the first VP to be picked without obvious qualifications. (Do you remember Dan Quayle?) And, despite my best hopes to the contrary, Palin didn't generally come across as a "shrill retard" during last nights debate. I watched the debate with my mother-in-law who voted for Hillary and is planning to vote for Obama and even she thought Palin came across as much more intelligent than people were thinking before the debate. Again she reminds me of Quayle. In one on one interviews he was a total dufus. But in the debates he was just good enough to get buy.

Regards,

John M. Drake

D.H.
10-03-2008, 12:48 PM
It is a privacy issue. Some of these women pro lifers are nuts to begin with. Take Karen Cross The Media director for the National Right to Life - She had TWO ABORTIONS herself! Got Pregnant 3 times while unmarried and regrets it. Most of the right to life people I know are like that. (Cross is a real case, another article states she walked in front of a car to attempt to kill herself so I question her mental stability in making rational decisions about ANYTHING in her life, let alone telling ME what to do)

The whole overturning Roe v Wade arguement defies privacy, and certainly libertarian and conservative thinking....

Their arguement is abortion should be illegal (i.e. Yes, we women exercised our choice and had them, now we regret it - DUH - and we want to prevent you from the same thing)

Does this not defy all conservative logic to say we need the government to protect ourselves from ourselves?

http://www.catholicnews.com/data/stories/cns/0403755.htm (some info on Karen Cross)

jmdrake
10-03-2008, 01:18 PM
It is a privacy issue. Some of these women pro lifers are nuts to begin with. Take Karen Cross The Media director for the National Right to Life - She had TWO ABORTIONS herself! Got Pregnant 3 times while unmarried and regrets it. Most of the right to life people I know are like that. (Cross is a real case, another article states she walked in front of a car to attempt to kill herself so I question her mental stability in making rational decisions about ANYTHING in her life, let alone telling ME what to do)

The whole overturning Roe v Wade arguement defies privacy, and certainly libertarian and conservative thinking....

Their arguement is abortion should be illegal (i.e. Yes, we women exercised our choice and had them, now we regret it - DUH - and we want to prevent you from the same thing)

Does this not defy all conservative logic to say we need the government to protect ourselves from ourselves?

http://www.catholicnews.com/data/stories/cns/0403755.htm (some info on Karen Cross)

Your reasoning is fatally flawed. Just because Karen Cross had abortions doesn't answer the question of whether or not a fetus is a person. Using your logic if Andea Yates regrets having drowned her 5 children in a bathtub then drowning your children in a bathtub becomes a "privacy issue". If the fetus is not a person then there is no individual right to protect and it is an privacy issue. But if the fetus IS a person....well you get the picture.

Regards,

John M. Drake

Freedom 4 all
10-03-2008, 01:41 PM
She said nothing particularly fundamentalist Christian but boy doggonit she ain't not did too bad at appealing to them ignorant backwater hicks.

D.H.
10-03-2008, 01:47 PM
John Drake;

Yes, I get your reasoning and I am respectful of your strong beliefs.

But please apply that same reasoning to Karen Cross and you will see some of my problem with the Pro Life Movement and its most vocal and radical members and why I find them offensive;

Karen Cross (based on your statements on life) would be a two time murderer. What group would make a murderer their spokesperson? Reformed or not, that would be like putting Ted Bundy in charge of a college campus's coed admissions.

Bottom line, Karen Cross screwed up. Badly. Not just once but numerous times. This is a sign of a character flaw on her part. If God wants to forgive her, that is between her and God and she should not use her remorse and guilt as an excuse to impose her radical beliefs on other women.

Some of these women believe even in the case of RAPE or INCEST a woman should be forced to carry a child to term. Such as the current VP candidate. When asked by Katie Couric if a father raped his daughter Palin said she would STILL be against abortion. Even a morning after pill is too much. In that sing song, clueless voice she says "I choose life".

WOW. If Couric was less politically correct she may have followed up with "What do you think the adoption chances for a child of incest that may come out with two heads would be?" It was sure what I was thinking.

heavenlyboy34
10-03-2008, 01:52 PM
the christian right is the worst thing to happen to this country since the townshend acts.

+9999