PDA

View Full Version : Where is a Ron Paul Activist to Go? The Boston Tea Party!

Eternaverse
10-02-2008, 07:36 PM
Ron Paul inspired millions with his message of freedom and brought hope to the American political process. But with all the enthusiasm and activism Ron Paul inspired he did not win the Republican Nomination. Ron Paul activist looked to the Libertarian Party to give them a candidate they could support. Instead the LP nominated Bob Barr.

While in congress Barr voted for the Iraq War and the Patriot Act. Barr also proposed to ban the practice of Wicca in the military and expanded the War on Drugs. He also wrote and voted for the Defense of Marriage Act.

Barr claims that he has changed his position on these issues but his actions in recent days and weeks have caused many to beg to differ. On Hannity and Colmes Barr said that he would not legalize the “hard drugs”. He also supports keeping some portions of the Defense of Marriage Act and has yet to release a statement about whether he still plans to ban a religion. And most recently Barr stubbed Ron Paul’s third party unity press conference claiming, “It wasn’t worth it”.

Bob Barr has proved himself NOT to be a libertarian.

Many Ron Paul supporters finding themselves without a candidate to support have turned to the Constitution Party and Chuck Baldwin. Many of these activists have been lead to believe that the Constitution Party is a libertarian or Ron Paul-like party. It is not.

The Constitution Party platform starts with, “The Constitution Party gratefully acknowledges the blessing of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ as Creator, Preserver and Ruler of the Universe and of these United States.” Apparently they don’t know that the United States is a secular nation.

There platform also states, “We oppose any legal recognition of homosexual unions” and “we oppose efforts to legalize adoption of children by homosexual singles or couples.” It als states, “we also believe that our collective representative body we call government plays a vital role in establishing and maintaining the highest level of decency in our community standards.” Libertarians recognize that government has no authority regulate mortally; the Constitution Party does not.

The Constitution Party and Chuck Baldwin have proved themselves not to be libertarian.

Now I bet you are asking yourself, “Were on Earth is a Ron Paul activist to go?” I’ll tell you, to the Boston Tea Party.

The Boston Tea Party is America’s only truly libertarian political party. All members must agree to the one sentence platform that reads, “The Boston Tea Party supports reducing the size, scope and power of government at all levels and on all issues, and opposes increasing the size, scope and power of government at any level, for any purpose.”

Members of the Boston Tea Party can belong to other political parties and the party endorses candidates not matter what their party affiliation as long as they agree with the party platform. The Boston Tea Party strongly believes in both Economic and Personal freedom. The Boston Tea Party is Americas hope for a libertarian future.

The Boston Tea Party’s presidential candidate Charles Jay, who recently was on Fox News (see http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNG0iOUtAQU), is the closest candidate to Ron Paul out of any running.

All Ron Paul activists should join the Boston Tea Party. It is the home of true libertarians and of Ron Paul’s ideology. The Revolution lives on in the Boston Tea Party.

Go to bostontea.us (http://www.bostontea.us) and CJ08.com (http://www.cj08.com) to find out more and how you can get involved.

Alawn
10-02-2008, 07:39 PM
Give me a break. No way. How many states is this on the ballot? 2? This is a joke party. Nobody has even ever heard of the guy running or the party.

Eternaverse
10-02-2008, 07:53 PM
Give me a break. No way. How many states is this on the ballot? 2? This is a joke party. Nobody has even ever heard of the guy running or the party.

Jay is on the ballot on Tennessee, Colorado and Florida. He will be a write-in in many more states. Our party is growing fast. Jay is also going to be in the Coalition for October Debate Alternatives Debate on October 6th and will be in the RevolutionBroadcasting.com Debate on October 9th. He has also been on Fox News (see above) and on many different radio shows.

Yes, we are a small party, now, but we are fast growing party. But you shouldn't support a candidate because of the size of their party but on their principles and ideas.

Alawn
10-02-2008, 08:12 PM
So this party was started by people from the LP who were upset with the LP? It seems like it would have been better to try to change the LP. The only choice I have in my state is the LP. No CP or BTP here. And while I don't think the CP has a great platform I do like Chuck Baldwin and think that none of the bad things about them would matter much for a federal position.

richiep
10-02-2008, 08:49 PM
So this party was started by people from the LP who were upset with the LP? It seems like it would have been better to try to change the LP. The only choice I have in my state is the LP. No CP or BTP here. And while I don't think the CP has a great platform I do like Chuck Baldwin and think that none of the bad things about them would matter much for a federal position.

It was started by people that used to say, "I'm taking my marble and going home" while having a pouted face. Then, later on they say how they are going to have their own party as those other kids were meanies and didn't want to let them be king of the clubhouse.

Working with people you agree with 90% of the time should be easy, but for some people its hard.

libertarian4321
10-04-2008, 01:14 AM
At this point, I'm looking to any alternative to what I will have to vote for here in TX (three jerks- McWar, Obama, and Barr).

However, write-in's are pointless- and if I was going to write in, I'd just write in RON PAUL!

Eternaverse
10-04-2008, 08:15 AM
libertarian4321- Writing in Ron Paul will not count in Texas or any other state for that matter. Ron Paul is on the ballot on 2 states and only people in those states can vote for him. It would be better to write-in your vote for some one who will be counted. A vote COUNTED outside the 2 party system is not a wasted vote, no matter who the vote is for. But voting for Charles Jay, the only true libertarian running, would be best.

travisAlbert
10-05-2008, 09:34 PM
Bob Barr has a voting record that is almost as bad as McCain's.
Wayne Allan Root (WAR) is an absolutely awful human being.
Chuck Baldwin means well, but doesn't understand that our founding documents were based on enlightenment reasoning rather than the Christian religion (I am a Christian by the way).

I want to vote libertarian, and if I have to vote for the most obscure third party candidate, and if I am the only one in America to do so, then dammit, that is what I am going to do.

As far as the comment about supporters of the Boston Tea Party being cry babies, any party that would betray its following and use tactics to make a neocon appear to be worthy is not worth my time. They have attempted to erase history and they use vague language to promote the most unlibertarian candidate I could have possibly considered. Do I even have to mention WAR