PDA

View Full Version : The largest conspiracy in decades is happening right underneath America's nose.

agaiziunas
10-02-2008, 06:04 PM
I am no conspiracy nut, I don't believe in chemtrails, 9/11 super-duper-photon-torpedo theories, alien puppet masters, or whatever. But if I have ever seen a true conspiracy this is it. Consider the following:

Senate takes defeated bill, adds pork to bribe house to pass it
Institutional selling on the market, ASK prices >>under<< BID prices, WTF??
Media gaming public fear
Banks standing to benefit from bailout intentionally denying credit to qualified debtors, smaller institutions & credit unions still giving credit to qualified debtors (they don't stand to benefit from bailout)
$600+ Billion of liquidity injected into markets by the Fed earlier this week, no effect. WTF?? What will $700B more do? Oh, that's right, the $700B can be targeted by Paulson for his "choice" of investments
A huge RUSH to get this passed, just like the Iraq war. Need to capitalize on fears & emotion before everything is scrutinized.
Majority of public STILL contacting representatives against the bill
Can I get a huge W-T-F?!?!?!?!?

I don't think all the parties involved met in some dark, smoke-filled room 200 ft below the surface of the Arizona desert. These are all decisions made independently by the parties standing to benefit from the bailout in order to up the chances of it being passed. Not like the gov't can keep a secret, anyway.

I am disgusted. Have just about worn out my fax machine contacting congressmen. Probably a 10-15% chance house may decide to vote on the bill tonight while everyone is distracted with the VP debates (they've done it before).

This IS a conspiracy, even though not the "X-Files" type a lot of folks imagine when hearing the word.

Why isn't there a "puke" icon available for posts here on RonPaulForums?

Micah Dardar
10-02-2008, 06:06 PM
I agree. I keep telling people playing the blame game that they need to look back to 1913. Most people don't get that we can solve a problem that is older than we are.

socialize_me
10-02-2008, 06:11 PM
Well, having Bid/Ask prices out of whack isn't really manipulation. That happens quite often for various reasons, but I agree with the rest of what you said.

Drknows
10-02-2008, 06:21 PM
I liked how the media was spinning the drop today on the house after the senate passed the bill.

They had zero people on who were against the bill. They had people for it on all day though. Fox even had a congressman on ( i forget his name) who voted for it but he was talking for congressmen who voted against it. He didn't give any sound argument and basically called them crazy.

This is why the media is playing this like pre iraq invasion.
http://www.marketwatch.com/news/story/media-stocks-dive-after-rejection/story.aspx?guid={04EE611D-DB4B-4431-9484-A68F440F12B5}&dist=TQP_Mod_mktwN

Not to mention MSNBC has been sucking warren buffet off all day because he dumped $3 billion into GE their parent company.

pacelli
10-02-2008, 06:27 PM
We are under political and economic versions of martial law. Incremental steps. The frog is in the water and the water is slowly warming up. Soon it will boil.

SeanEdwards
10-02-2008, 06:29 PM
I agree.

It seems obvious to me that when the big banks in unison start refusing to extend credit to totally reliable credit risks, that there is in effect a conspiracy. The banks are trying to use their financial leverage to intimidate and scare America into relieving them of their bad bets.

Somewhere, there's a boardroom full of some seriously evil fuckers saying, "turn off the pumps, and they'll do whatever we want."

Micah Dardar
10-02-2008, 06:44 PM
This is just madness! My whole life, nothing but madness! AAAAAAAAAAA
:mad:

agaiziunas
10-02-2008, 06:51 PM
Well, having Bid/Ask prices out of whack isn't really manipulation. That happens quite often for various reasons, but I agree with the rest of what you said.

But I have never seen a skew so large except in cases of typos.

I have seen a BID of 35.00 with an ASK of 34.70, sure there are lots of cases of this when BID/ASKs are delayed because they are missed, delays on personal sites like eTrade or 401k sites where people are asking too low because the bid has moved up in 10 minutes.. but, a few examples I saw today:

--edit 8:33p CST--
I had 2 examples of out-of-whack trades listed but am removing them for personal reasons (NDA). But this is publicly available information. Go look at large volume transactions for yourself.
--end of edit--

I was watching the markets very closely today, saw about 20 more examples of this going on (I am only 1 person, not like I can scrutinize the entire DJIA) and this was just based on 2 stocks I was watching (personal interest in those)..

And by the way, these were NOT options/futures/shorts/puts. These were run-of-the-mill numbers where the ASKs were posted after the higher BIDs.

Again, not trying to discredit your response, just thinking the pattern was way out of the ordinary, particularly giving the fact the volumes point to institutional trading, and not personal trading.

I could be wrong all over the place on that point, as you mention. Perhaps I should edit the post and add "conjecture/personal opinion" to that bullet point.

PlzPeopleWakeUp
10-02-2008, 06:52 PM
nt