PDA

View Full Version : AP News Major Misstatement

aknappjr
09-05-2007, 11:29 PM
http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wireStory?id=3564171

"Huckabee was in the majority, Paul very much in the minority on a University of New Hampshire debate stage when it came to the war. The politically unpopular conflict has emerged as the dominant issue of the 2008 race for the White House."

Paul was not very much in the minority. He was at most somewhat in the minority in the crowd. However, he is in the majority in America.

DJ RP
09-05-2007, 11:30 PM
I think they might mean amongst the candidates on stage. As he is the ONLY anti-war republican up there.

njandrewg
09-05-2007, 11:30 PM
no they are saying he was the minority on stage which is true 1 out of 8

Slugg
09-05-2007, 11:31 PM
http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wireStory?id=3564171

"Huckabee was in the majority, Paul very much in the minority on a University of New Hampshire debate stage when it came to the war. The politically unpopular conflict has emerged as the dominant issue of the 2008 race for the White House."

Paul was not very much in the minority. He was at most somewhat in the minority in the crowd. However, he is in the majority in America.

Yeah, but that's okay. I'll take this kind of spin...it's just leftovers from all the old "He cant win stuff." It'll die down...When's the next debate? Sept 17 right? CNN or something...

Giuliani was there on 911
09-05-2007, 11:33 PM
the AP is part of the corporate media, what do you expect from them ?

MsDoodahs
09-05-2007, 11:33 PM
Yep, Ron is set apart from the rest. Even Hannity said at one point in one of the after interviews that all the candidates are basically the same EXCEPT RON PAUL. lol. I had to laugh at that one.

Later in the evening Hannity tried to get forgiveness for that mistake by claiming that all the various candidates have different stands on the various issues...but the damage was already done.

They're all pretty much the same EXCEPT FOR RON PAUL. :)

ThePieSwindler
09-05-2007, 11:36 PM
Youre just taking it out of context. It was actually an article that made Ron look very, very good, in my opinion.

aknappjr
09-05-2007, 11:39 PM
Didn't realize. Thanks!

quickmike
09-05-2007, 11:45 PM
Well, if youre part of the 70 percent plus of the american people, them saying he is in the minority when it comes to Iraq I would say thats a very good thing.

Richandler
09-06-2007, 12:08 AM
Paul is in the majority when it comes to American people which is what those candidates still are.