PDA

View Full Version : COVERUP CLAIM: DOD Executes Prisoners During Katrina

LibertyCzar
10-02-2008, 02:46 PM
Posted on foxnews.com on the front page. Green Party candidate Cynthia McKinney alleges that the Defense Department executed 5,000 prisoners during Hurricane Katrina and dumped their bodies.

SWATH
10-02-2008, 02:49 PM
evidence?

anaconda
10-02-2008, 02:52 PM
Far out, man...

I love Cynthia, but I hope she can back this up a little better. Wouldn't a lot of bodies with one bullet hole in the head have washed up here and there? Like at least a few hundred of the 5,0000?

It is, in fact, right there on the home page of Fox News..I just looked.

LibertyCzar
10-02-2008, 02:55 PM
Here's the whole article (this is a Fox News article):

Green Party presidential candidate Cynthia McKinney, known for her provocative statements when she was a congresswoman from Georgia, accused the Department of Defense this week of using Hurricane Katrina to cover up the slaughter of 5,000 prisoners.

At a news conference in Oakland, Calif., on Sunday, McKinney claimed the Pentagon authorized the execution of the prisoners with one bullet to the head three years ago and then dumped their bodies in a Louisiana swamp.

McKinney said she heard the story from the mother of a National Guard soldier who said her son was assigned to help dispose of the bodies.

"And these were mostly males and her son was afraid to talk because he had signed a silence agreement," McKinney told the crowd. "So he only complained to his mother. But the data was entered into a Pentagon computer."

McKinney said she verified the story from "insiders" who wanted to remain anonymous.

"I suspect that these are prisoners. ... So this investigation of the whole prison industrial complex is extremely important and it should not end with just a question of the nature of prisons in our country," she said to a captivated audience. "These 5,000 souls also need some justice too."

A Defense Department spokesman dismissed McKinney's accusation.

"The claim is outrageous on the very face of it and doesn't merit any further consideration," said Lt. Col. Les' Melnyk. "It would be inconceivable that 5,000 people would go missing in America without anyone noticing it prior to this."

Psychologists and psychology professors contacted by FOXNews.com wouldn't comment on McKinney's mental condition, but they expressed shock at her assertion.

"Wow! What a conspiracy theory," one professor exclaimed before declining comment and hanging up the phone.

Dr. Celia Ward, a clinical psychologist in Washington, D.C., said she wouldn't speculate on McKinney's state of mind because McKinney heard the story from someone else.

"This sounds like a game of telephone," Ward said, explaining how a rumor can change as it passes from one person to another. "But to take something that has so many questions attached to it and to treat a rumor as fact is the basis for mass distortion. It's really a good example of Swift-boating."

Ward said McKinney could have easily verified the story by checking prison records.

"This is the kind of rumor that warrants fact-checking," she said.

McKinney's presidential campaign did not respond to a request for comment.

A member of the House for 12 years until 2007, McKinney is no stranger to controversy. Shortly after the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks, she suggested that President Bush knew about the plot in advance but failed to warn Americans because of his father's business interests. Some political analysts say that statement contributed to her defeat in 2002.

After McKinney was re-elected in 2004, she tried to impeach Bush, Vice President Cheney and Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice on charges that they lied and manipulated intelligence to justify the war in Iraq.

McKinney hit a career low point in 2006 when she was accused of striking a Capitol Police officer who grabbed her after she passed a security checkpoint without wearing a congressional lapel pin. She later apologized for the incident. She was defeated in a Democratic primary later that year and left the Democratic Party in 2007. She was nominated in July to run for president on the Green Party ticket. There are 245 other Green Party candidates running for office this fall.

Sandra
10-02-2008, 03:01 PM
Sounds to me she was conveying some of the inflated stories about Katrina. I wouls have to hear the statement in context, Murdoch has been using tabloid type reporting even on Fox.

pacelli
10-02-2008, 03:17 PM
I personally know someone who was tasked to respond to Katrina. This person told me that in some areas they were shooting people without provocation for the fun of it.

anaconda
10-02-2008, 03:30 PM
Sounds to me she was conveying some of the inflated stories about Katrina. I wouls have to hear the statement in context, Murdoch has been using tabloid type reporting even on Fox.

This is very possible and likely. Thank you for the comment.

anaconda
10-02-2008, 03:32 PM
I personally know someone who was tasked to respond to Katrina. This person told me that in some areas they were shooting people without provocation for the fun of it.

Is this person going to blow the whistle any time soon?

PatriotOne
10-02-2008, 08:18 PM

"The claim is outrageous on the very face of it and doesn't merit any further consideration," said Lt. Col. Les' Melnyk. "It would be inconceivable that 5,000 people would go missing in America without anyone noticing it prior to this."

Typical...you can't find out the truth if you don't investigate. You just label it too crazy too be true and ignore it.

Psychologists and psychology professors contacted by FOXNews.com wouldn't comment on McKinney's mental condition, but they expressed shock at her assertion.

"Wow! What a conspiracy theory," one professor exclaimed before declining comment and hanging up the phone.

Dr. Celia Ward, a clinical psychologist in Washington, D.C., said she wouldn't speculate on McKinney's state of mind because McKinney heard the story from someone else.

Fox News calling psychologists to diagnose Cynthia over the phone? Now that is ridiculous and obviously an attempt to paint her crazy. Add the obligatory "conspiracy theory" label so people turn into pavlovs dog and start slobbering all over themselves to ridicule it.

Those actions alone give credibility to Cynthia once you you know how these people actually work. Katrina was a martial law training session.

gaazn
10-03-2008, 06:59 AM
Anyone know why FEMA has half a million plastic caskets stored in Atlanta?

SnappleLlama
10-03-2008, 07:06 AM
One word: sharks.

Mini-Me
10-03-2008, 07:12 AM
Here's the whole article (this is a Fox News article):

Green Party presidential candidate Cynthia McKinney, known for her provocative statements when she was a congresswoman from Georgia, accused the Department of Defense this week of using Hurricane Katrina to cover up the slaughter of 5,000 prisoners.

At a news conference in Oakland, Calif., on Sunday, McKinney claimed the Pentagon authorized the execution of the prisoners with one bullet to the head three years ago and then dumped their bodies in a Louisiana swamp.

McKinney said she heard the story from the mother of a National Guard soldier who said her son was assigned to help dispose of the bodies.

"And these were mostly males and her son was afraid to talk because he had signed a silence agreement," McKinney told the crowd. "So he only complained to his mother. But the data was entered into a Pentagon computer."

McKinney said she verified the story from "insiders" who wanted to remain anonymous.

"I suspect that these are prisoners. ... So this investigation of the whole prison industrial complex is extremely important and it should not end with just a question of the nature of prisons in our country," she said to a captivated audience. "These 5,000 souls also need some justice too."

"This sounds like a game of telephone," Ward said, explaining how a rumor can change as it passes from one person to another. "But to take something that has so many questions attached to it and to treat a rumor as fact is the basis for mass distortion. It's really a good example of Swift-boating."

Ward said McKinney could have easily verified the story by checking prison records.

"This is the kind of rumor that warrants fact-checking," she said.

McKinney's presidential campaign did not respond to a request for comment.

A member of the House for 12 years until 2007, McKinney is no stranger to controversy. Shortly after the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks, she suggested that President Bush knew about the plot in advance but failed to warn Americans because of his father's business interests. Some political analysts say that statement contributed to her defeat in 2002.

After McKinney was re-elected in 2004, she tried to impeach Bush, Vice President Cheney and Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice on charges that they lied and manipulated intelligence to justify the war in Iraq.

McKinney hit a career low point in 2006 when she was accused of striking a Capitol Police officer who grabbed her after she passed a security checkpoint without wearing a congressional lapel pin. She later apologized for the incident. She was defeated in a Democratic primary later that year and left the Democratic Party in 2007. She was nominated in July to run for president on the Green Party ticket. There are 245 other Green Party candidates running for office this fall.

As unfair and disgusting as Fox News is...Melnyk does have a point. With 5,000 people missing, you'd think we'd have heard something from some of their friends and family members. I'm not dismissing the possibility straight out, but it does seem very unlikely that we wouldn't have heard anything at all. McKinney needs to present strong evidence when she makes claims like this, because she should know that the MSM will have a field day destroying her if she doesn't.

azminuteman
10-03-2008, 07:30 AM
As unfair and disgusting as Fox News is...Melnyk does have a point. With 5,000 people missing, you'd think we'd have heard something from some of their friends and family members. I'm not dismissing the possibility straight out, but it does seem very unlikely that we wouldn't have heard anything at all. McKinney needs to present strong evidence when she makes claims like this, because she should know that the MSM will have a field day destroying her if she doesn't.

It's not 5000 people. That number was taken out of context. The number is closer to 1600. The mortuary facility could handle 5000 people which is where Jesse Jackson got his number.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2005-09-07-cover-morgue-units_x.htm
http://www.terradaily.com/reports/Mortuary_Teams_Start_New_Orleans_HouseToHouse_Sear ch_For_Bodies.html

Mini-Me
10-03-2008, 07:37 AM
It's not 5000 people. That number was taken out of context. The number is closer to 1600. The mortuary facility could handle 5000 people which is where Jesse Jackson got his number.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2005-09-07-cover-morgue-units_x.htm
http://www.terradaily.com/reports/Mortuary_Teams_Start_New_Orleans_HouseToHouse_Sear ch_For_Bodies.html

Interesting...I never knew about this. I suppose that if friends and family members all thought it happened naturally, we wouldn't really hear much. Still, McKinney's accusations are pretty severe...I hope she has a lot of evidence to back it up, rather than just speculation (on second thought, I kind of hope she doesn't!).

pacelli
10-03-2008, 09:21 AM
Is this person going to blow the whistle any time soon?

Absolutely not-- if this person blows the whistle there are serious consequences.

pacelli
10-03-2008, 09:22 AM
Fox News calling psychologists to diagnose Cynthia over the phone? Now that is ridiculous and obviously an attempt to paint her crazy. Add the obligatory "conspiracy theory" label so people turn into pavlovs dog and start slobbering all over themselves to ridicule it.

Those actions alone give credibility to Cynthia once you you know how these people actually work. Katrina was a martial law training session.

I'm a psychologist and accurately diagnosing anyone over the phone is completely impossible, not to mention unethical.

jmdrake
10-03-2008, 09:22 AM
Interesting. One this is for certain. In the past some of McKinney's "wild conspiracy theories" have turned out to be true. Take the original question she asked right after 9/11. "What did the president know and when did he know he it"? She was viciously attack by the right and the left wing media for asking that simple question. But before the year was over the 9/11 commission was set up to ask that very question and information was released to prove the president HAD been warned of an impending attack. A few years later, after losing then regaining her house seat, she grilled Don Rumsfeld about U.S. contractors involved in the child sex trade. But MSM news articles again proved she was right. Even in the encounter the capitol hill police which led to her downfall she was right. According to the U.S. constitution members of congress have a right to go to their chambers without being stopped by police. It didn't matter if she didn't have on a "pin" or had changed her hairstyle. Part of the job of the D.C. police is to know what every member of the house and senate looks like and to let them pass without harassment.

All that said this is a strong allegation. We'll see what comes out of it.

Regards,

John M. Drake