PDA

View Full Version : Peter Schiff last night: Martial law is coming

Zydeco
10-02-2008, 02:19 PM
Peter Schiff on his weekly radio show last night:

"They are trying to mitigate or avoid this crisis and in the process are creating a far bigger crisis which will be a run on the dollar, collapse of the currency, hyperinflation -- which will lead to sky-high consumer prices and interest rates, ultimately civil unrest, martial law, food shortages, riots, all kinds of terrible things are coming -- are coming not because of the collapse the politicians are trying to prevent, but because of the collapse that they are in the process of creating."

http://www.europac.net/radioshow_archives.asp

(click Oct. 1st show, above quote begins at 16:15)

Austin
10-02-2008, 02:42 PM
Damn...

My brother, mom, and I were just hypothesizing about this the night before last.

ronpaulfollower999
10-02-2008, 02:44 PM
The army already started training exercises yesterday.

eric_cartman
10-02-2008, 02:51 PM
The army already started training exercises yesterday.

they've been training for this for a long time

there are documentaries like "martial law: rise of the police state" that predicted this stuff many years ago.

Deborah K
10-02-2008, 02:53 PM
This scares me. We're not ready to fight this yet, as a movement. We're still trying to get our bearings.

Lord Xar
10-02-2008, 03:01 PM
the gangs will run rampart and our neighborhoods will be torn apart.

brandon
10-02-2008, 03:04 PM
Considering the accuracy of Schiff's past predictions, this terrifies me.

kathy88
10-02-2008, 03:08 PM

fortunately, MY neighborhood is filled with gun toting red necks

Zydeco
10-02-2008, 03:09 PM
Considering the accuracy of Schiff's past predictions, this terrifies me.

Same here. I've delayed buying food preps because I didn't really believe, or maybe didn't want to believe, that I'd need them. Headed out to the store for them right now, though.

H Roark
10-02-2008, 03:10 PM
For Schiff to be saying this, is scary. He doesn't sound like he's putting a timeline on it, but its diffidently going to happen if the fed has its way.

chonald
10-02-2008, 03:10 PM
I just hope the internet doesn't disappear.

kathy88
10-02-2008, 03:16 PM

OMFG thanks for reminding us. Jeez.

ihsv
10-02-2008, 03:18 PM
Is there another source for this? For some reason, I can't get it to play. Thanks!

Danke
10-02-2008, 03:29 PM
OMFG thanks for reminding us. Jeez.

Yeah, I want to be able to watch any riots on youtube.

I need to get some solar panels to power my Playstation.

raystone
10-02-2008, 03:34 PM
really hope this coureagous, wise man is watching his back

ronpaulfollower999
10-02-2008, 03:36 PM
really hope this coureagous, wise man is watching his back

They wouldn't. They know that we would be prepared to fight back. ;)

fr33domfightr
10-02-2008, 03:37 PM
I'm not really scared, as I've got plenty of guns. Food shortages could be a problem if things get rationed. Politicians are the ones who really need to worry. They'll get the blame big time for this and they will have to face angry people, should things get bad. I won't tolerate thugs coming around trying to steal my stuff.

Let's look on the bright side. Should this REALLY happen, it will FINALLY wake the people up!!

FF

pacelli
10-02-2008, 04:00 PM

You can bet that if there is martial law, the net will be one of the first things that will be cut off.

brandon
10-02-2008, 04:03 PM
it will FINALLY wake the people up!!

FF

Sure they will realize we were right all along, but at what cost?

It will be too late by then.

brandon
10-02-2008, 04:05 PM
You can bet that if there is martial law, the net will be one of the first things that will be cut off.

The thing is, they can't really cut the net off that easily. It's too decentralized. Sure they could shut down a couple key backbones and drastically reduce available bandwidth, but it would be almost impossible for them to shut it down entirely.

fr33domfightr
10-02-2008, 04:10 PM
Sure they will realize we were right all along, but at what cost?

It will be too late by then.

Yes, unfortunately it will be too late to stop the economic disaster.

It will give people a chance to once again understand the importance of the Constitution and the necessity in following it. We will probably also have an easier time modifying it to attempt to force the government to follow it.

FF

werdd
10-02-2008, 04:15 PM
The thing is, they can't really cut the net off that easily. It's too decentralized. Sure they could shut down a couple key backbones and drastically reduce available bandwidth, but it would be almost impossible for them to shut it down entirely.

There arent many providers out there. They could nationalize them, and shut it all down or censor it.

JK/SEA
10-02-2008, 04:19 PM
I still have a CB radio!..

Micah Dardar
10-02-2008, 04:21 PM
There arent many providers out there. They could nationalize them, and shut it all down or censor it.

I may become violent if my internet is tampered with. I'm off my meds.

jclay2
10-02-2008, 04:25 PM
Peter Schiff does have a knack for the future but don't you think that we might be claiming this a done deal too soon. I don't know maybe, I am being ignorant. Funny enough, Max Keisor has been saying the same thing too. I guess time will tell. Hopefully he is proven wrong for our sakes.

dawnbt
10-02-2008, 04:28 PM
i may become violent if my internet is tampered with. I'm off my meds.

lol!:d

brandon
10-02-2008, 04:30 PM
They would have to cut off all phone service too (which I guess they could) because ad hoc networks could form with old school analog modems.

Speaking of which, perhaps we should set up an old school bbs just in case the internet ever does get shut off.

It wouldn't necessarily have to be connected to via phone lines either.

werdd
10-02-2008, 04:44 PM
I still have a CB radio!..

lolol

werdd
10-02-2008, 04:47 PM
They would have to cut off all phone service too (which I guess they could) because ad hoc networks could form with old school analog modems.

Speaking of which, perhaps we should set up an old school bbs just in case the internet ever does get shut off.

Thats a good idea... ARPNET style.

But it's conceivably possible that if willing, they could nationalize ATnT and shut that down as well.

The move to digital phones is scary for that reason, no more modems, no more listen servers. Just protocols and ports that can be easily blocked.

but, we will still have CB RADIO!!

RonPaulVolunteer
10-02-2008, 04:48 PM
Peter, ever heard of STANDARDS. What is this plugin crap? It sure don't work on my Mac. What's wrong with MP3!

Jodi
10-02-2008, 04:48 PM

Exactly shut off communication.

Deborah K
10-02-2008, 04:50 PM
We have a HAM radio. Get HAM radios!!!

Micah Dardar
10-02-2008, 04:52 PM
We have a HAM radio. Get HAM radios!!!

I don't know if a ham radio is a good idea. I might eat it if I get hungry.

Deborah K
10-02-2008, 04:58 PM
I don't know if a ham radio is a good idea. I might eat it if I get hungry.

Then make sure you have enough food piled up. :D Top Ramen dude! You can buy a case of 48 packages for 6 bucks at Costco.

Cinderella
10-02-2008, 05:11 PM
wtf bump!

PlzPeopleWakeUp
10-02-2008, 05:12 PM
nt

Conza88
10-02-2008, 05:14 PM
communications. oldschool. Make it happen, before its too late.

Dequeant
10-02-2008, 05:16 PM
This scares me. We're not ready to fight this yet, as a movement. We're still trying to get our bearings.

Then prepare, but do it quickly. As for me, I believe I am ready.

Also.......there are ways to bring the internet to its knees. Not to mention, a radio tower is as easy for us to shut down as it is for them.

eric_cartman
10-02-2008, 05:26 PM
direct link to last night's show

http://www.europac.net/media/PeterSchiff_10-01-2008.mp3

in terms of losing the internet... the bigger concern is losing electricity. from my conspiracy theory background, many people thought that the east cost blackout that happened maybe 5 years ago was a test to see how people would deal with it. so if the grid goes down... we'll be in a lot of trouble.

and in terms of martial law... most people will welcome martial law. things could be so chaotic that there will be riots, looting, roaming gangs, etc.... at which point, ordinary citizens will demand that the government keep law and order and will beg for martial law. just like when the currency collapses, we will be begging for the Amero, which will be tied to the value of the Euro in order to sell the idea of a stable currency to the public.

honkywill
10-02-2008, 05:28 PM
i need to hurry up and get a handgun. all i've got for protection is a 15 inch telescopic baton.

and a viking sword replica...

Indy Vidual
10-02-2008, 05:38 PM
Then make sure you have enough food piled up. :D Top Ramen dude! You can buy a case of 48 packages for 6 bucks at Costco.You need something with nutrition, not just white flour noodles and salty powder. :p

Micah Dardar
10-02-2008, 05:41 PM
You need something with nutrition, not just white flour noodles and salty powder. :p

I have 2 MRE's left. That should get me through one meal.

PlzPeopleWakeUp
10-02-2008, 05:46 PM
nt

fedup100
10-02-2008, 05:49 PM

Well, just think of them as target practice. When that happens, the little gangs are gonna find out that real american's will kill your ass.

Micah Dardar
10-02-2008, 05:51 PM
Well, just think of them as target practice. When that happens, the little gangs are gonna find out that real american's will kill your ass.

The "little gangs" in New Orleans will quickly find out that they have become an army of resistance. They don't like the government anyways. It won't take much.

ShowMeLiberty
10-02-2008, 05:54 PM
Listening to it now - just heard the part about martial law and all that. This is scaring me as much as when I heard Ron Paul talking about a "dollar bubble" a few weeks ago.

I almost feel like a nutjob stocking up on food and stuff, but I'm getting to scared NOT to do all that.

PlzPeopleWakeUp
10-02-2008, 05:58 PM
nt

eric_cartman
10-02-2008, 06:04 PM
Listening to it now - just heard the part about martial law and all that. This is scaring me as much as when I heard Ron Paul talking about a "dollar bubble" a few weeks ago.

I almost feel like a nutjob stocking up on food and stuff, but I'm getting to scared NOT to do all that.

ya... storing food is definately a good idea. these videos will show you show to do it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vW7_cTn6YpE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PylQCiFBtH4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GfcWNOWUit8

i ordered my mylar and oxygen absorbers from this company
https://www.usaemergencysupply.com/

i got a few strange looks when i bought 400 pounds of rice from costco... but i really think everyone should do this. it will take you 1/2 a day to get it all done, by the time you go to the store to buy the food and equipment and store it, etc.

but once you do it, you can forget about it. just stick it in your basement or closet or whatever. you'll feel a lot better once you get it done. you only have to do it once, it's a pain in the ass... but once you do it, you'll never have to worry about it again. i'm really lazy and i procrastinate a lot... but this is really something that people should do asap. you'll be happy you did, and you'll sleep a lot better knowing that you're prepared for the worst case scenario. and now that i've done it, i don't have to worry about it anymore... just do it, it'll be done, then you can forget about it.

Highland
10-02-2008, 06:06 PM
I am surprised that Schiff said that......almost irresponsible of him without citing facts. I will look for Dr. Paul to confirm.

freelance
10-02-2008, 06:20 PM
fortunately, MY neighborhood is filled with gun toting red necks

I'd prefer to think that my neighbors have a healthy appreciation for the second amendment. ;)

freelance
10-02-2008, 06:22 PM

Couldn't they could just go to the ISPs and get them to shut us out?

crackyflipside
10-02-2008, 06:27 PM
I'd prefer to think that my neighbors have a healthy appreciation for the second amendment. ;)

My neighborhood is safe. :cool:

Mrs. Farmer
10-02-2008, 06:31 PM
everyone can move back to Ronstock and be our indentured farmhand/servants:p

kathy88
10-02-2008, 06:33 PM

you know.... this got me thinking.... we should set up an alternate network IMMEDIATELY just in case......

what would be most efficient?

FunkBuddha
10-02-2008, 06:35 PM

I've been playing around with a BBS package called synchronet thats pretty cool. It has support for an inter-bbs messaging system.

I don't know how effective bbsing would be in a martial law type scenario though. Many people don't even have land lines anymore.

I was toying with the idea of setting up a decentralized BBS-style internet underground for the liberty types but i don't know if these kids nowadays could handle the ANSI graphics.

tpreitzel
10-02-2008, 06:37 PM
you know.... this got me thinking.... we should set up an alternate network IMMEDIATELY just in case......

Communication outside of the bounds of the FCC won't be easy or legal. ;)

1. Old fashioned BBS (analog lines)
2. Local optical (IR) networks which can't be easily tapped like wireless RF
3. Smoke signals. :)

This subject should have been addressed about a decade ago! ;)

FunkBuddha
10-02-2008, 06:43 PM

I think I've still got my USRobotics 14.4 Sportster in the attic! I bet the damn thing still works too... Shit, it's ISA though. Modems are cheap though.

Conza88
10-02-2008, 06:44 PM

4. Morse code....
5. Drums....
6. Flags.....
7. Lights....

;)

werdd
10-02-2008, 06:45 PM

arpanet.

Carole
10-02-2008, 06:46 PM
If the internet disappears, you must try to make use of your local pro liberty type radio station call in shows to keep us all in touch, as well as have a few like-minded friends' phone numbers to share news.

WE certainly live in interesting times. :)

Deborah K
10-02-2008, 06:52 PM
You need something with nutrition, not just white flour noodles and salty powder. :p

It's better than nothing and it'll keep you from starving to death. :cool:

Deborah K
10-02-2008, 06:55 PM
direct link to last night's show

http://www.europac.net/media/PeterSchiff_10-01-2008.mp3

in terms of losing the internet... the bigger concern is losing electricity. from my conspiracy theory background, many people thought that the east cost blackout that happened maybe 5 years ago was a test to see how people would deal with it. so if the grid goes down... we'll be in a lot of trouble.

and in terms of martial law... most people will welcome martial law. things could be so chaotic that there will be riots, looting, roaming gangs, etc.... at which point, ordinary citizens will demand that the government keep law and order and will beg for martial law. just like when the currency collapses, we will be begging for the Amero, which will be tied to the value of the Euro in order to sell the idea of a stable currency to the public.

If they enact martial law, they will come after our weapons. We've decided that we're not giving up our weapons......

RonPaulVolunteer
10-02-2008, 07:01 PM
If the internet disappears, you must try to make use of your local pro liberty type radio station call in shows to keep us all in touch, as well as have a few like-minded friends' phone numbers to share news.

WE certainly live in interesting times. :)

The Internet is radically decentralized. It's not going anywhere.

werdd
10-02-2008, 07:09 PM
The Internet is radically decentralized. It's not going anywhere.

Doesnt matter, they could nationalize the limited number of ISP's in this country. No connectivity, no internet.

In a worst case scenario, the only way i see the internet perservering is if we start networking house to house. Complete ad hoc. Possibly a few folks with the hardware can host backbone servers to dial out over ISDN or relay via long distance wireless, and connect distant networks together.

I would happily take a role in that, and should it come to that i will be proposing ad hoc networks to all of my neighborhood, anyone else tech savvy should too.

It would be a full time job, but if im out of a job its one i will gladly take.

werdd
10-02-2008, 07:10 PM
of course all of this depends on us still having power.

Conza88
10-02-2008, 07:11 PM
@RPV :rolleyes:

Yeah I HOPE. You severely under estimate the ability of the state / nwo though imo.

Where there is a WILL, there is a way.

The "internet" will remain, but it will become severly regulated. FREEDOM on it; will vanish. Censorship will abound.

TastyWheat
10-02-2008, 07:14 PM
AHHH!!! When Schiff says something I believe it whole-heartedly. Anybody who can see an economic crisis two years off gets my undivided attention.

tpreitzel
10-02-2008, 07:19 PM
Doesnt matter, they could nationalize the limited number of ISP's in this country. No connectivity, no internet.

In a worst case scenario, the only way i see the internet perservering is if we start networking house to house. Complete ad hoc. Possibly a few folks with the hardware can host backbone servers to dial out over ISDN or relay via long distance wireless, and connect distant networks together.

I would happily take a role in that, and should it come to that i will be proposing ad hoc networks to all of my neighborhood, anyone else tech savvy should too.

It would be a full time job, but if im out of a job its one i will gladly take.

Personally, I think you should get started. Details (Equipment, Setup). Documentation.

I've given this subject some thought, but not nearly enough. Consideration must be given to the FCC acting in an even more repressive manner than it already does.

ihsv
10-02-2008, 07:28 PM
If they enact martial law, they will come after our weapons. We've decided that we're not giving up our weapons......

Just in case they bust you at night when you're not ready for it, you may want to get some 6" PVC pipe and bury a backup weapon somewhere safe (NOT the garden. That's the first place they'll check). Throw in some ammo and other necessities along with it.

Feelgood
10-02-2008, 08:44 PM
http://www.greatdepressiondeux.com

scandinaviany3
10-02-2008, 08:51 PM

Come to washington state everyone and lets protect each other...

jyakulis
10-02-2008, 09:11 PM
wow, I'm literally convinced the average person's brain is eaten away from drinking to much fluoride.

I show them the video of Brad Sherman and they are just like meh, I don't know much about it.

Or...crazy man.

I mean like total frigging zombies. And my parents are totally clueless. As long as my dad gets to watch his football and my mom gets her dancing with her stars they are fine. I have to be the one to protect the family. Ordered 2 years of food 6thousand dollars worth of silver bullion, a top notch water filter, and various other things and no one will freaking help me. I have very limited means too; I just got out of college. God this is frustrating to have to do all this alone.

reduen
10-02-2008, 09:13 PM
Look people, your guns will not do anything but get you killed. You may have a room full of ammo stored up but it only takes one bullet to stop you from using it.

Even if people like Adam Kokesh stand up to lead the fight it will be a failed effort. The enemy is too strong and too well trained. Just do what you can to try and make changes before it all comes to that and pray for God to intervene!

I know that there are many of you here who do not believe in a God but one day you will be praying for Him to help you! That is a promise... :)

TGautier421
10-02-2008, 09:27 PM
Look people, your guns will not do anything but get you killed. You may have a room full of ammo stored up but it only takes one bullet to stop you from using it.

Even if people like Adam Kokesh stand up to lead the fight it will be a failed effort. The enemy is too strong and too well trained. Just do what you can to try and make changes before it all comes to that and pray for God to intervene!

I know that there are many of you here who do not believe in a God but one day you will be praying for Him to help you! That is a promise... :)

Who's the enemy here? We're all Americans. The military isn't just going to turn a cold shoulder to their own people. I've already come to peace with my decision to disobey if my Sergeant calls me up to suppress the plight of the people. There are more like me.

Orgoonian
10-02-2008, 09:29 PM

Sometimes in life,we have to make a stand.It is what makes us human.
I am only 44,and only twice in my life, i have had to make a stand on principal.
I lost.Both times.My pride,and the knowlege that i was right however,lets me live with the losses.
Even knowing what i know now,i would not change my positions.

I heard a saying once,something like,"I would rather die on my feet,as a man,then to die on my knees as a slave".
All i ask from my creator,whether it be god,or random chance,is that i die on my feet.

reduen
10-02-2008, 09:38 PM
Who's the enemy here? We're all Americans. The military isn't just going to turn a cold shoulder to their own people. I've already come to peace with my decision to disobey if my Sergeant calls me up to suppress the plight of the people. There are more like me.

What I would be most worried about is a U.N. or any foreign army doing the job for a global government.

Our armed services are so spread out abroad that even if they really wanted to help us Americans they might have terrible problems returning in time to do anything.

I am glad that you have come to the decision of not harming your fellow Americans but honestly I do not have much faith that the majority of your fellow soldiers will make the same choice when it comes down to it...

Conza88
10-02-2008, 09:45 PM
I am only 44,and only twice in my life, i have had to make a stand on principal.
I lost.Both times.My pride,and the knowlege that i was right however,lets me live with the losses.

I heard a saying once,something like,"I would rather die on my feet,as a man,then to die on my knees as a slave".
All i ask from my creator,whether it be god,or random chance,is that i die on my feet.

“When principles that run against your deepest convictions begin to win the day, then battle is your calling, and when peace has become sin; you must, at the price of dearest peace, lay your convictions bare before friend and enemy, with all the fire of your faith.” ~ Abraham Kuyper

“An army of principles can penetrate where an army of soldiers cannot.” ~ Thomas Paine

Hook

Tell that to the 80 or so children and women burned to death at Waco. It only takes a small percentage of the millitary to do your bidding.

reduen

Strong words my friend but think of this, either way you are dead... Now do not get me wrong, I do not want to be a slave either.

I tend to believe that especially those who do not believe in our Creator God will not only turn tale and run from the danger but will also sell anyone and everyone out along the way when they are faced with real death. After all, once they are dead they are dead right. Here and now is all we have in their eyes....

No offense to you intended of course, I hope that you can stick to your convictions.

armstrong
shortwave is the only way to go

TGautier421
10-02-2008, 09:46 PM
Really? I'm only in the National Guard, so I don't have a totally complete picture, but damn near everyone I know of in my town (Lawrence KS) are, well, if not aware they at least know something strange is going on. This is a pretty free thinking town of nearly all college students. I feel pretty confident in our abilities to keep liberty alive here long enough. I'm speaking for alot of my buds in all the branches here as well.

For one thing, I'm not totally sold on some states even allowing federal troops into their territory, or those same states to hand over control of their own Guardsmen to the President.

armstrong
10-02-2008, 09:47 PM
food, water, water purification,solar charger,sw radio,weapons

TGautier421
10-02-2008, 09:49 PM
Tell that to the 80 or so children and women burned to death at Waco. It only takes a small percentage of the millitary to do your bidding.

That's not even comparable to what we're talking about here. What we're talking about here is the suppression of the entire United States, of all 300 Million people in this country. Its just not feasible at all. Logistics would totally crumble after a couple of days.

DAFTEK
10-02-2008, 09:53 PM
http://mishappa.image.pbase.com/u41/kayakbiker/upload/35949252.FearMongering.jpg

jkr
10-02-2008, 09:53 PM
the logistical problem can be solved with a "healthy" dose of tv...

armstrong
10-02-2008, 09:54 PM
camping gear, and be able to be mobile in a short amount of time,along with weapons,food, water and purification system for water,and solar batteries and solar charger,and sw radio,that would be a good start.......we need to organize to figure out broadcast stations all over the US in case the Internet goes down

armstrong
10-02-2008, 09:57 PM
Hope it never comes to that , so many people would suffer...our goverment should be in jail,,like MCnCheese says the fundamentals are good......lol

reduen
10-02-2008, 10:04 PM
Really? I'm only in the National Guard, so I don't have a totally complete picture, but damn near everyone I know of in my town (Lawrence KS) are, well, if not aware they at least know something strange is going on. This is a pretty free thinking town of nearly all college students. I feel pretty confident in our abilities to keep liberty alive here long enough. I'm speaking for alot of my buds in all the branches here as well.

For one thing, I'm not totally sold on some states even allowing federal troops into their territory, or those same states to hand over control of their own Guardsmen to the President.

It is kinda strange that I just got this link via email and really I have no way of knowing if this information is very credible but you might look it over real quick and see what ya think...

http://www.fourwinds10.com/siterun_data/government/new_world_order/news.php?q=1211926978

ihsv
10-02-2008, 10:04 PM
That's not even comparable to what we're talking about here. What we're talking about here is the suppression of the entire United States, of all 300 Million people in this country. Its just not feasible at all. Logistics would totally crumble after a couple of days.

That's assuming 300 million people are "not cooperating". Starving people, especially ones used to luxury and easy-living (particularly city-dwellers), would sell their souls for an MRE passed out by the government. They would not only be cooperative, but thankful. In fact, those same starving people would even HELP the government suppress dissent, especially if there's a "bonus" in it for them.

I do believe they may have trouble disarming the old goats around here who are as redneck as they come. But they can do that in stages. They can institute "food for guns" programs, dangle all sorts of carrots in front of the people, etc.

The leash-holders will not voluntarily loose control. They have worked out ways of dealing with these types of things. Katrina was one recent "test case", and another poster brought up Waco.

You'll also find that people will be GLUED to their TVs as never before, sucking in everything the gubmint tells 'em, and the talking heads will quickly paint dissenters as "radicals", or even "terrorists" who hate America. "Insurgents" rather than "freedom fighters."

The internet will be censored in an unprecedented manner, and the alternative media will not be permitted to "do their thing" This is vital for their success, and I guarantee they have prepared for it.

Remember the "Timothy McVeigh-ish" comments about those who oppose this bill?

Remember Glenn Beck's infamous call for the military to take care of RP supporters?

I believe they will allow things to get a wee-bit out of hand, to put the fear of God into people, and then they'll come riding to the rescue amid the cheers of the populous.

All we can do now is wait and see.

pepperpete1
10-02-2008, 10:06 PM
What I would be most worried about is a U.N. or any foreign army doing the job for a global government.

Our armed services are so spread out abroad that even if they really wanted to help us Americans they might have terrible problems returning in time to do anything.

I am glad that you have come to the decision of not harming your fellow Americans but honestly I do not have much faith that the majority of your fellow soldiers will make the same choice when it comes down to it...

U.S. Army Troops To Serve As U.S. Policemen?
> > By Chuck Baldwin
> > October 1, 2008
> >
> >
> > This column is archived at
> > http://www.chuckbaldwinlive.com/c2008/cbarchive_20081001.html
> >
> >
> > According to the Army Times (dated Tuesday, September 30, 2008),
> "Beginning
> > Oct. 1 for 12 months, the 1st BCT [Brigade Combat Team] will be under the
> > day-to-day control of U.S. Army North, the Army service component of
> > Northern Command, as an on-call federal response force for natural or
> > manmade emergencies and disasters, including terrorist attacks."
> >
> > The article continued by saying, "But this new mission marks the first
> time
> > an active unit has been given a dedicated assignment to NorthCom, a joint
> > command established in 2002 to provide command and control for federal
> > homeland defense efforts and coordinate defense support of civil
> > authorities.
> >
> > "After 1st BCT finishes its dwell-time mission, expectations are that
> > another, as yet unnamed, active-duty brigade will take over and that the
> > mission will be a permanent one."
> >
> > The Times column also reported that the Army brigade "may be called upon
> to
> > help with civil unrest and crowd control . . ." It seems that the Army's
> new
> > domestic duties also include "traffic control" as well as subduing "unruly
> > or dangerous individuals."
> >
> > The brigade will be known for the next year as a Consequence Management
> > Response Force, or CCMRF (pronounced "sea-smurf").
> >
> > I am assuming that the planners and promoters of this newfound function
> for
> > the Army brigade envision the Army assisting local first responders in
> > dealing with natural emergencies such as hurricanes, earthquakes, and the
> > like. Good intentions notwithstanding, to assign domestic police duties to
> > the U.S. military is extremely disturbing.
> >
> > To understand my concern for this new "homeland Army brigade," it is
> > important that we rehearse the principles of liberty as they relate to
> > standing armies.
> >
> > One of America's most sacred principles has always been that the U.S.
> > military was never to be used for domestic law enforcement. The fear of
> > standing armies ran very deep in the hearts and minds of America's
> founders.
> > The tyranny and misery inflicted upon the colonies by British troops
> weighed
> > heavily upon those who drafted our Constitution and Bill of Rights. In
> their
> > minds, the American people would never again be subjected to the heavy
> > weight of army boots. Furthermore, they insisted that America would have a
> > civilian--not military--government.
> >
> > And after the fiasco of the abuse of federal troops in the South following
> > the War Between the States, the doctrine of Posse Comitatus was enacted
> into
> > law. The Wikipedia online encyclopedia says this about Posse Comitatus:
> >
> > "The Act prohibits most members of the federal uniformed services ... from
> > exercising nominally state law enforcement police or peace officer powers
> > that maintain 'law and order' on non-federal property. . . .
> >
> > "The statute generally prohibits federal military personnel and units of
> the
> > United States National Guard under federal authority from acting in a law
> > enforcement capacity within the United States, except where expressly
> > authorized by the Constitution or Congress. . . .
> >
> > "The Posse Comitatus Act and the Insurrection Act substantially limit the
> > powers of the federal government to use the military for law enforcement."
> >
> > The Posse Comitatus Act was passed in 1878 and was universally accepted as
> > being a very just--and extremely important--law of the land.
> >
> > But in 2006, President George W. Bush pushed a Republican-controlled
> > Congress to pass the John Warner National Defense Authorization Act for
> > Fiscal Year 2007, which included a section titled "Use of the Armed Forces
> > in major public emergencies." This section provided that "The President
> may
> > employ the armed forces to restore public order in any State of the United
> > States the President determines...." In effect, this bill obliterated
> Posse
> > Comitatus.
> >
> > When the Democrat-controlled Congress passed the 2008 National Defense
> > Authorization Act, however, the restrictions of Posse Comitatus were
> > restored. But when President Bush signed the Act into law, he attached a
> > signing statement (Executive Order) indicating that the Executive Branch
> did
> > not feel bound by the changes enacted by the repeal. Translated: President
> > Bush wiped out Posse Comitatus by Executive Order.
> >
> > Now, just a few months after expunging Posse Comitatus, President Bush has
> > authorized an Army brigade to be assigned the new role of dealing
> > exclusively with domestic law enforcement and related duties. This evokes
> > serious questions.
> >
> > Who will give the order to send U.S. troops against American civilians,
> and
> > under what circumstances? What will the rules of engagement be? How will
> > "unruly" and "dangerous" be defined? How will soldiers be asked to deal
> with
> > "crowd" or "traffic" control? And perhaps the biggest question is, Once we
> > begin to go down this road, where will it lead?
> >
> > For several years, the federal government has been accumulating to itself
> > more and more authority that was historically understood to reside within
> > the states and local communities. More and more, our police departments
> have
> > taken on the image and tactics of the armed forces. And to a greater and
> > greater degree, the rights and liberties of the American people are being
> > sacrificed on the altar of "national security." It seems to me that to now
> > ascribe law enforcement duties to the U.S. Army only serves to augment the
> > argument that America is fast approaching police state status.
> >
> > If Hurricane Katrina is the template that our federal government is using
> as
> > a model for future events, Heaven help us! Do readers remember how
> National
> > Guard troops were used to confiscate the personal firearms of isolated and
> > vulnerable civilians shortly after that hurricane devastated the New
> Orleans
> > area? Do you remember how representatives of the federal government were
> > calling upon pastors and ministers to act as spokesmen for gun
> confiscation?
> > Is this what the new Army brigade is preparing for? And do President Bush
> > and his military planners envision an even broader role for military
> troops
> > on American soil?
> >
> > Add to the above rumors of thousands of plastic caskets--along with
> > thousands of portable prison cells--being shipped and stored across the
> > country, and one is left to ask, Exactly what is it that our federal
> > government is planning?
I think there is an even bigger question, What exactly will members of our
armed forces do if and when they are commanded to seize Americans'
firearms, arrest them at gun point, or even fire upon them? How many soldiers and
Marines love liberty and constitutional government enough to resist such
orders, should they be given? And how many officers would resist issuing
such orders?

Remember, it is the job of the armed forces to kill people and blow up
things, not to do police work. Then again, Presidential administrations from both major parties have been using the U.S. military as U.N.
"peacekeepers" for decades now. So, was all of this preparation for what is yet to take
place in the United States?
God forbid that any of the above should actually take place in our beloved
land, but I believe it would be naïve to not see that the actions and
attitudes of the federal government over the past several years do nothing
to assuage such fears.

U.S. Army Troops To Serve As U.S. Policemen?
> > By Chuck Baldwin
> > October 1, 2008
> >
> >
> > This column is archived at
> > http://www.chuckbaldwinlive.com/c2008/cbarchive_20081001.html
> >
> >
> > According to the Army Times (dated Tuesday, September 30, 2008),
> "Beginning
> > Oct. 1 for 12 months, the 1st BCT [Brigade Combat Team] will be under the
> > day-to-day control of U.S. Army North, the Army service component of
> > Northern Command, as an on-call federal response force for natural or
> > manmade emergencies and disasters, including terrorist attacks."
> >
> > The article continued by saying, "But this new mission marks the first
> time
> > an active unit has been given a dedicated assignment to NorthCom, a joint
> > command established in 2002 to provide command and control for federal
> > homeland defense efforts and coordinate defense support of civil
> > authorities.
> >
> > "After 1st BCT finishes its dwell-time mission, expectations are that
> > another, as yet unnamed, active-duty brigade will take over and that the
> > mission will be a permanent one."
> >
> > The Times column also reported that the Army brigade "may be called upon
> to
> > help with civil unrest and crowd control . . ." It seems that the Army's
> new
> > domestic duties also include "traffic control" as well as subduing "unruly
> > or dangerous individuals."
> >
> > The brigade will be known for the next year as a Consequence Management
> > Response Force, or CCMRF (pronounced "sea-smurf").
> >
> > I am assuming that the planners and promoters of this newfound function
> for
> > the Army brigade envision the Army assisting local first responders in
> > dealing with natural emergencies such as hurricanes, earthquakes, and the
> > like. Good intentions notwithstanding, to assign domestic police duties to
> > the U.S. military is extremely disturbing.
> >
> > To understand my concern for this new "homeland Army brigade," it is
> > important that we rehearse the principles of liberty as they relate to
> > standing armies.
> >
> > One of America's most sacred principles has always been that the U.S.
> > military was never to be used for domestic law enforcement. The fear of
> > standing armies ran very deep in the hearts and minds of America's
> founders.
> > The tyranny and misery inflicted upon the colonies by British troops
> weighed
> > heavily upon those who drafted our Constitution and Bill of Rights. In
> their
> > minds, the American people would never again be subjected to the heavy
> > weight of army boots. Furthermore, they insisted that America would have a
> > civilian--not military--government.
> >
> > And after the fiasco of the abuse of federal troops in the South following
> > the War Between the States, the doctrine of Posse Comitatus was enacted
> into
> > law. The Wikipedia online encyclopedia says this about Posse Comitatus:
> >
> > "The Act prohibits most members of the federal uniformed services ... from
> > exercising nominally state law enforcement police or peace officer powers
> > that maintain 'law and order' on non-federal property. . . .
> >
> > "The statute generally prohibits federal military personnel and units of
> the
> > United States National Guard under federal authority from acting in a law
> > enforcement capacity within the United States, except where expressly
> > authorized by the Constitution or Congress. . . .
> >
> > "The Posse Comitatus Act and the Insurrection Act substantially limit the
> > powers of the federal government to use the military for law enforcement."
> >
> > The Posse Comitatus Act was passed in 1878 and was universally accepted as
> > being a very just--and extremely important--law of the land.
> >
> > But in 2006, President George W. Bush pushed a Republican-controlled
> > Congress to pass the John Warner National Defense Authorization Act for
> > Fiscal Year 2007, which included a section titled "Use of the Armed Forces
> > in major public emergencies." This section provided that "The President
> may
> > employ the armed forces to restore public order in any State of the United
> > States the President determines...." In effect, this bill obliterated
> Posse
> > Comitatus.
> >
> > When the Democrat-controlled Congress passed the 2008 National Defense
> > Authorization Act, however, the restrictions of Posse Comitatus were
> > restored. But when President Bush signed the Act into law, he attached a
> > signing statement (Executive Order) indicating that the Executive Branch
> did
> > not feel bound by the changes enacted by the repeal. Translated: President
> > Bush wiped out Posse Comitatus by Executive Order.
> >
> > Now, just a few months after expunging Posse Comitatus, President Bush has
> > authorized an Army brigade to be assigned the new role of dealing
> > exclusively with domestic law enforcement and related duties. This evokes
> > serious questions.
> >
> > Who will give the order to send U.S. troops against American civilians,
> and
> > under what circumstances? What will the rules of engagement be? How will
> > "unruly" and "dangerous" be defined? How will soldiers be asked to deal
> with
> > "crowd" or "traffic" control? And perhaps the biggest question is, Once we
> > begin to go down this road, where will it lead?
> >
> > For several years, the federal government has been accumulating to itself
> > more and more authority that was historically understood to reside within
> > the states and local communities. More and more, our police departments
> have
> > taken on the image and tactics of the armed forces. And to a greater and
> > greater degree, the rights and liberties of the American people are being
> > sacrificed on the altar of "national security." It seems to me that to now
> > ascribe law enforcement duties to the U.S. Army only serves to augment the
> > argument that America is fast approaching police state status.
> >
> > If Hurricane Katrina is the template that our federal government is using
> as
> > a model for future events, Heaven help us! Do readers remember how
> National
> > Guard troops were used to confiscate the personal firearms of isolated and
> > vulnerable civilians shortly after that hurricane devastated the New
> Orleans
> > area? Do you remember how representatives of the federal government were
> > calling upon pastors and ministers to act as spokesmen for gun
> confiscation?
> > Is this what the new Army brigade is preparing for? And do President Bush
> > and his military planners envision an even broader role for military
> troops
> > on American soil?
> >
> > Add to the above rumors of thousands of plastic caskets--along with
> > thousands of portable prison cells--being shipped and stored across the
> > country, and one is left to ask, Exactly what is it that our federal
> > government is planning?
I think there is an even bigger question, What exactly will members of our
armed forces do if and when they are commanded to seize Americans'
firearms, arrest them at gun point, or even fire upon them? How many soldiers and
Marines love liberty and constitutional government enough to resist such
orders, should they be given? And how many officers would resist issuing
such orders?

Remember, it is the job of the armed forces to kill people and blow up
things, not to do police work. Then again, Presidential administrations from both major parties have been using the U.S. military as U.N.
"peacekeepers" for decades now. So, was all of this preparation for what is yet to take
place in the United States?
God forbid that any of the above should actually take place in our beloved
land, but I believe it would be naïve to not see that the actions and
attitudes of the federal government over the past several years do nothing
to assuage such fears.

JRegs85
10-02-2008, 10:14 PM
It's times like these I wished I lived in Montana/Wyoming/Alaska.

Orgoonian
10-02-2008, 10:16 PM
Strong words my friend but think of this, either way you are dead... Now do not get me wrong, I do not want to be a slave either.

I tend to believe that especially those who do not believe in our Creator God will not only turn tale and run from the danger but will also sell anyone and everyone out along the way when they are faced with real death. After all, once they are dead they are dead right. Here and now is all we have in their eyes....

No offense to you intended of course, I hope that you can stick to your convictions.

No offence taken brother,we are all in this together.
If truth be told,i do believe in GOD,however i do not want the prize.
I am a biblical scholar,raised in the Catholic tradition,and reborn in the reformation.

GOD promises me oblivion in the bible,and that is fair by me.
Therefore i do not fear death,rather my only concern is that i die well.
My son will carry on my immortality.

fr33domfightr
10-02-2008, 10:21 PM
I like the ideas of people creating their own Adhoc networks. Using BBS as a backup plan would be good too. I guess PCs could just use Hyperterminal. I've got a built-in modem too (for faxes).

If things really got bad, the military service couldn't do too much to stop the people. There are just too many people.

This thread has gotten me thinking about what happened in the Depression. Didn't anyone at that time wonder if the creation of the Federal Reserve caused the Depression? If so, why didn't they repeal the FRA???

FF

Edit: BTW, I've got my own generator. Maybe a BIG solar cell with an Inverter might suffice for some of you. At least it would work during the daytime.

afmatt
10-02-2008, 10:24 PM
Here's the video.
http://revolutionarypolitics.com/?p=178

Vote Waterman 2028
10-02-2008, 10:34 PM
It is kinda strange that I just got this link via email and really I have no way of knowing if this information is very credible but you might look it over real quick and see what ya think...

http://www.fourwinds10.com/siterun_data/government/new_world_order/news.php?q=1211926978

That is the craziest bullshit i have ever read. :rolleyes: Not that some of that isn't true to some extent in my mind, but the interview with that marine is bogus, total propaganda.

reduen
10-02-2008, 10:54 PM
That is the craziest bullshit i have ever read. :rolleyes: Not that some of that isn't true to some extent in my mind, but the interview with that marine is bogus, total propaganda.

Yeah, my initial reaction also but kinda sobering to think that it might be so...

Mini-Me
10-02-2008, 11:00 PM

That's a pretty unfair and biased view against non-believers. I'm not actually offended by it, but I do think you should reevaluate your assumptions and consider that other things besides a belief in God might motivate morality, love, and courage in people. The most reliably decent people in the world are the ones who do the right thing simply because they have empathy and compassion and know in their heart that it is right. The only people who actually need promises of an afterlife or fear of hell to do the right thing are the inherently selfish ones.

That said, I'm not actually an atheist...just saying. :p

TGautier421
10-02-2008, 11:20 PM

A story like that sure captures the imagination. Creativity and rationality don't always mix. So allow to inject a bit of rationality to that piece:

I doubt a Marine Drill Sarge would have access to information like that. A Drill Sergeant deals with alot of civilians compared to other MOS', IMO they couldn't be totally trusted with that kind of information. Then towards the end of the page they begin talking about patriotic Christian warriors of God... I'm totally not bashing on them or their religious dispositions, but people like that just tend to think in extremes.

"We are the Just and the Righteous Warriors of God, and they want to throw us all into giant microwaves."

All I know is if any kind of Martial Law would actually be implemented to suppress the American people. The entire military foundation would break apart. First of all, the logistics in carrying out an operation like that are just not possible, no matter how many zones you break the theater down to. There would also be defections at all ranks, leaving alot of divisions ineffective.

I suspect mercenaries and other private military organizations would be involved. Frankly, every single one us hate those guys with a passion. Marines on to the Guard, there is absolutely no respect for 'Blackwater' or any one like them. We would not only refuse to work alongside them or accept orders from them, there would probably shots exchanged.

Foreign occupation to help the government in Martial Law would also only help to unite those true Patriots and give them a larger and more believable enemy, an image which the average person could get behind.

All in all I am very optimistic about the outcomes of a Martial Law situation. Of course that is a last ditch resort, and no one hopes it comes to that. But to look at our current situation and at least, you know, not think about such things would be pretty irresponsible.

reduen
10-02-2008, 11:26 PM
That's a pretty unfair and biased view against non-believers. I'm not actually offended by it, but I do think you should reevaluate your assumptions and consider that other things besides a belief in God might motivate morality, love, and courage in people. The most reliably decent people in the world are the ones who do the right thing simply because they have empathy and compassion and know in their heart that it is right. The only people who actually need promises of an afterlife or fear of hell to do the right thing are the inherently selfish ones.

That said, I'm not actually an atheist...just saying. :p

You certainly have the right to your own opinion. Only time will bare us out on this disagreement for sure.

I would argue that everyone is inherently selfish in matters of life and death. Atheists might call it self preservation and/or natural selection..

Also, personally it does not take the promise of an afterlife or fear of hell for me to do the right thing. But it does take me knowing and acknowledging God. (Although in truth it may take just that for many.) It is my love for God the Creator and my Lord Jesus the Christ who taught me how to care for others that leads me in this manner. The afterlife is just a bonus now...

In short, I do not believe that I would have known what is right or wrong without finding God. (He is not hiding of course, I was only once blind..) :)

Micah Dardar
10-02-2008, 11:32 PM
Maybe we could all wear our tin foil hats so that we recognize each other. :rolleyes:

Mini-Me
10-02-2008, 11:38 PM
+1

"Citizen's Band"
Our bandwidth of radio. Nice.
I can see it now...

--
Breaker 1-9..., Need assistance, 5 hostile baby bears and a bradley, 20 is 3rd Ave and 4th North, Copy
--
Copy that, 15 friendlies, 3 trans, ETA 5, Northwest Southeast 20
--
Negative, bear in the weeds, advised Northeast Southwest 20
Copy
--
Roger that, advised, ETA Niner

~

Too bad all the dhs hardened communication systems they've been installing for years now can interfere with just about anything.

They got all the bases covered. It's all set up pretty damn cleverly. Think about it... The president creates a communication black out when he travels down the road, all civilian communication towers/installations stand down or get interfered. Think about the integrated systems required to do that.... Do your own research.

As far as the internet, it's not that they take the internet down, it's that they tell the carriers to stand down. You ever looked into the construction of the main internet hubs? Jesus Christ, they have man traps, flame throwers, automated capture systems, machinery intended to kill persons who attempt to break in, overkill chemical fire extinguishing systems, noxious and poison gas security systems, and is integrated into power generation and distribution systems. Sometimes I wonder if SkyNet is already live and it is fortifying itself... You don't hear much about AI development now, unlike the 80's, for a reason? Do your own research. Singularity forthcoming?

Well, the biggest reason the buzz about AI development dropped off was because researchers made overly optimistic predictions and then felt like idiots, and they've stayed a lot more low-key since realizing just how complex problems like speech recognition, speech synthesis, natural language recognition, and image and pattern recognition are...they've still made a lot of progress in those fields, and in specific contexts, they can work very well. Technology is definitely at the point where automated guns can recognize the presence of intruders and kill them, for instance - probably even specific intruders - but AI has a LOOOONG way to go before it will even come to anything resembling creativity in problem solving, let alone self-assigned motivations and actual sentience. There's still a lot of debate as to whether that's even possible. Of course, guys like Ray Kurzweil will insist that it's not only possible but forthcoming, but...frankly, regardless of how much more he knows about AI than I do, I think his near-religious fascination with the concept of a technological singularity is a bit warped anyway. ;)

Technology is definitely a huge asset that any governmental tyrant has, but...our aspiring overlords are still very much human.

Think who owns most of the fiber network... Att. And who owns the rest of it? All the other big telecoms and mainstream educational institutes. The corporate rulers own it all. Even if you have a lesser known ISP, they are buying it from someone else, one of the big guys. They will just shut you off like nothing when chaos comes. Internet2 is coming thereafter, and unless we create some infrastructure in the name of Freedom specifically for We The People, then there is nothing we can do. We get what we are given. Now SHUT UP, SLAVE, this is China now. Do your own research.

They are ready folks. The NSA alone has been the biggest purchaser of computer equipment and computer parts for many years. Hell, they even work with the big name hardware/software manufacturers to make things not available to the public for them and have backdoors in place for the products they sell to the public. There is no privacy. There is a backdoor into anything pretty much. We already live in 1984. Do your own research.

You mentioned backdoors in software, and this is worth addressing, because it's a problem we can easily get around. In fact, it's actually one of the reasons I moved away from Microsoft products: I simply don't trust their operating system to respect my privacy (although right now, I'm actually typing from a Windows machine, ironically). If you're worried about backdoors, the best way to go is to use open source software (GNU/Linux, FreeBSD, etc.).

Of course, that won't prevent your Internet communications from being monitored at the ISP level or cut off or something like that...but as long as the Internet remains, there are certainly various projects being developed to create pseudonymous networks with layered public-key encryption. (Then again, a truly totalitarian state would simply shut down the Internet, outlaw any encryption, and/or hunt down every single person on the network, even if they don't know who on the network is actually contacting whom or what they're sending. The only networks immune to the latter strategy are exclusive friend-to-friend networks...and they still require encryption to be legal and for the Internet to be up and running).

They just haven't dropped the hammer and let us know we live in a 1984 type society yet and that we need to love Big Brother. Until they say we live there, it's just a matter of perception I guess. Ignorance is bliss I do imagine.

Victory Gin for everyone! The surge is working! We're winning the Iraq war!

Anyway, you're still right about the main idea. We live in an Orwellian society, and it's going to get much, much worse...I'm definitely looking into rereading this thread and everyone's suggestions to prepare for a worst case scenario.

Conza88
10-02-2008, 11:38 PM
Maybe we could all wear our tin foil hats so that we recognize each other. :rolleyes:

Here is yours.

http://blog.redrocketinc.com/pickle-hat-ad.jpg

The pickle is a metaphor.

reduen
10-02-2008, 11:40 PM

Ha! (A loud boisterous laugh here..)

Now that right there is funny, I don't care who ya are... ;)

Mini-Me
10-02-2008, 11:46 PM
A story like that sure captures the imagination. Creativity and rationality don't always mix. So allow to inject a bit of rationality to that piece:

I doubt a Marine Drill Sarge would have access to information like that. A Drill Sergeant deals with alot of civilians compared to other MOS', IMO they couldn't be totally trusted with that kind of information. Then towards the end of the page they begin talking about patriotic Christian warriors of God... I'm totally not bashing on them or their religious dispositions, but people like that just tend to think in extremes.

"We are the Just and the Righteous Warriors of God, and they want to throw us all into giant microwaves."

All I know is if any kind of Martial Law would actually be implemented to suppress the American people. The entire military foundation would break apart. First of all, the logistics in carrying out an operation like that are just not possible, no matter how many zones you break the theater down to. There would also be defections at all ranks, leaving alot of divisions ineffective.

I suspect mercenaries and other private military organizations would be involved. Frankly, every single one us hate those guys with a passion. Marines on to the Guard, there is absolutely no respect for 'Blackwater' or any one like them. We would not only refuse to work alongside them or accept orders from them, there would probably shots exchanged.

Foreign occupation to help the government in Martial Law would also only help to unite those true Patriots and give them a larger and more believable enemy, an image which the average person could get behind.

All in all I am very optimistic about the outcomes of a Martial Law situation. Of course that is a last ditch resort, and no one hopes it comes to that. But to look at our current situation and at least, you know, not think about such things would be pretty irresponsible.

Well...the most important question I would ask is this: What exactly makes American soldiers different from the Germans during World War II, the Soviet soldiers, the East German soldiers, and so on who all subjugated their own populations? The reason those soldiers went along with orders is twofold:
First, humans have a natural tendency to submit to authority - and for soldiers, this holds true even more so, because it takes a very strong will to go against so many years of obedience training and practice. Second, propaganda works wonders on people. Although we have a strong tradition of liberty, that's pretty much been drowned out by the propaganda...and as much as I hope you're right and hope there's something special and unique about America, I seriously doubt US propaganda will have any less effect on most soldiers than other countries' propaganda had on their soldiers.

TGautier421
10-03-2008, 12:07 AM
Well...the most important question I would ask is this: What exactly makes American soldiers different from the Germans during World War II, the Soviet soldiers, the East German soldiers, and so on who all subjugated their own populations? The reason those soldiers went along with orders is twofold:
First, humans have a natural tendency to submit to authority - and for soldiers, this holds true even more so, because it takes a very strong will to go against so many years of obedience training and practice. Second, propaganda works wonders on people. Although we have a strong tradition of liberty, that's pretty much been drowned out by the propaganda...and as much as I hope you're right and hope there's something special and unique about America, I seriously doubt US propaganda will have any less effect on most soldiers than other countries' propaganda had on their soldiers.

America is truly the most unique country in the world still, I believe. Just because the tentacles of the international banks happened to succeed in getting into our country once again, doesn't mean we haven't lost any sense of who we are as a culture. We are the only country to embrace an ideology, liberty, so much as to put it before everything else. We are the rebels, just look at our ancestry. Repelled from ordinary society in their motherland, or just wishing for an honest and free beginning. We have our own sports, food, and way of life. We have always paved our own legacy for ourselves. Not some corporate suits thinking they control us.

RideTheDirt
10-03-2008, 12:19 AM
America is truly the most unique country in the world still, I believe. Just because the tentacles of the international banks happened to succeed in getting into our country once again, doesn't mean we haven't lost any sense of who we are as a culture. We are the only country to embrace an ideology, liberty, so much as to put it before everything else. We are the rebels, just look at our ancestry. Repelled from ordinary society in their motherland, or just wishing for an honest and free beginning. We have our own sports, food, and way of life. We have always paved our own legacy for ourselves. Not some corporate suits thinking they control us.

I think you are right. I also think we must stand up soon. We must stay vigilant, for our task is overwhelming but the people who love liberty will prevail. I know that this is not just a Ron Paul Revolution, because a man did not start this, it was liberty, and the love for it. We have it in our blood. We must let it be known, that their is a choice for America, we can choose freedom or slavery. What will we pick?

Only time will tell.

daviddee
10-03-2008, 12:29 AM

TGautier421
10-03-2008, 12:33 AM
Government would not take down the Internet.

It would make a bad situation much, much worse as the Internet is not an entertainment vehicle.... it is a commerce vehicle.

So during a crumbling economy it would be like blowing the bridges and highways of your own country.... suicide.

The centralized government we have needs:

1. Stability
2. Commerce (employment - money flow)
3. Happiness of the slaves

#3 can not happen without #1 & #2

As someone who created a hosting company and sold out to a major player... The major fiber players are: Level3, Global Crossing, Timewarner, ATT, uuNET, etc. These are all private companies that need cash flowing. The lawsuits would be massive and the resistance would be even higher. If you do not know network admins they are the most passive aggressive/self important people you will ever meet. Trust me... Internet will not be taken down.

This.

In a time of Martial Law, the internet will be heavily regulated. I would suspect websites like these would be tracked. It would be wise to download an onion routing program and a few proxy converter programs.

daviddee
10-03-2008, 12:35 AM

phoenixrising
10-03-2008, 01:30 AM
I think I've still got my USRobotics 14.4 Sportster in the attic! I bet the damn thing still works too... Shit, it's ISA though. Modems are cheap though.

werrd, funk & tpreitzel (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/member.php?u=11829)....u guys r REALLY onto something--all kidding aside. yet what saddens me is i haven't a clue what u r talking about. the only thing that made sense so far was a ham radio :(

if everyone could get serious on this...THIS is a well needed topic to develop!!

can u guys elaborate ???

phoenixrising
10-03-2008, 01:36 AM
wow, I'm literally convinced the average person's brain is eaten away from drinking to much fluoride.

I show them the video of Brad Sherman and they are just like meh, I don't know much about it.

Or...crazy man.

I mean like total frigging zombies. And my parents are totally clueless. As long as my dad gets to watch his football and my mom gets her dancing with her stars they are fine. I have to be the one to protect the family. Ordered 2 years of food 6thousand dollars worth of silver bullion, a top notch water filter, and various other things and no one will freaking help me. I have very limited means too; I just got out of college. God this is frustrating to have to do all this alone.

kudos!!! GREAT JOB & initiative!!!!!

seriously...get them off the water...& start using your h2o filter system now!! (berkey lets u order a special filter JUST for flouride)

must be verrry frustrating for you!!

TruckinMike
10-03-2008, 03:44 AM
For those of you that do not Know... Computer communications, via ham radio have been going on for years. Its called Packet Radio. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Packet_radio) Check it out.

My ham radio...
Alinco DX-70TH 100 watts
http://www.diodecomms.co.uk/images/DX-70TH.jpg

I've had this radio for ten years. Its a great radio for the money. $1000. However, if you really want performance the amount you will spend goes up exponentially. The DX-70 has treated me well with a simple di-pole (wire strung between trees) antenna. I would recommend it for any beginner Ham, or survivalist retreat. -- This radio transmits in the "HF" and 6 meter range. Get your license, start now. Its easy.

Where do I start? American Radio Relay League (http://www.arrl.org/FandES/ead/classes.html)

...What Amateur Radio licenses are available?

Technician Class License. You can get an entry level Amateur Radio Technician license by passing a 35-question multiple-choice examination. No Morse code test is required. The exam covers basic regulations, operating practices, and electronics theory, with a focus on VHF and UHF applications.

Technician Class operators are authorized to use all amateur VHF and UHF frequencies (all frequencies above 50 MHz). Technicians also may operate on the 80, 40, and 15 meter HF bands using Morse code, and on the 10 meter band using Morse code, voice, and digital modes. No Morse code test is required.

General Class License. The General Class license offers a giant step up in operating privileges. The high-power HF privileges granted to General licensees allow for cross-country and worldwide communication.

Technicians may upgrade to General by passing a 35-question multiple-choice examination. The written exam covers intermediate regulations, operating practices, and electronics theory, with a focus on HF applications. You must successfully pass the Technician exam to be eligible to sit for the General class exam. No Morse code test is required.
Note: spend one weekend studying with a question/answer study guide and you'll pass the test with flying colors, its not hard.These tests are a snap.And if you are really adventurous, take the technician and General class test in the same day, that way you'll be legal for voice HF transmissions.

TMike

werdd
10-03-2008, 03:51 AM
For those of you that do not Know... Computer communications, via ham radio have been going on for years. Its called Packet Radio. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Packet_radio) Check it out.

My ham radio...
Alinco DX-70TH 100 watts

I've had this radio for ten years. Its a great radio for the money. $1000. However, if you really want performance the amount you will spend goes up exponentially. The DX-70 has treated me well with a simple di-pole (wire strung between trees) antenna. I would recommend it for any beginner Ham, or survivalist retreat. -- This radio transmits in the "HF" and 6 meter range. Get your license, start now. Its easy.

Where do I start? American Radio Relay League (http://www.arrl.org/FandES/ead/classes.html)

Technician Class License. You can get an entry level Amateur Radio Technician license by passing a 35-question multiple-choice examination. No Morse code test is required. The exam covers basic regulations, operating practices, and electronics theory, with a focus on VHF and UHF applications.

Technician Class operators are authorized to use all amateur VHF and UHF frequencies (all frequencies above 50 MHz). Technicians also may operate on the 80, 40, and 15 meter HF bands using Morse code, and on the 10 meter band using Morse code, voice, and digital modes. No Morse code test is required.

General Class License. The General Class license offers a giant step up in operating privileges. The high-power HF privileges granted to General licensees allow for cross-country and worldwide communication.

Technicians may upgrade to General by passing a 35-question multiple-choice examination. The written exam covers intermediate regulations, operating practices, and electronics theory, with a focus on HF applications. You must successfully pass the Technician exam to be eligible to sit for the General class exam. No Morse code test is required.
Note: spend one weekend studying with a question/answer study guide and you'll pass the test with flying colors, its not hard.These tests are a snap.And if you are really adventurous, take the technician and General class test in the same day, that way you'll be legal for voice HF transmissions.

TMike

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AMPRNet

werdd
10-03-2008, 04:08 AM
Do some HAM radios actually have an ethernet interface?? Could i put a router behind it?

What is the range??

TruckinMike
10-03-2008, 04:25 AM
Do some HAM radios actually have an ethernet interface?? Could i put a router behind it?

What is the range??

In todays world, i would not doubt that some ham clubs have done that. But it is most likely to be experimental.

What is the range? Its Subjective. If you are working over a repeater network you could conceivably work thousands of miles. I've spoken all the way to England via repeaters, via the internet, back to a repeater to hams in England with a 300 milliwatt handheld 2 meter radio. The same could be done with the computer. However, I've never had personal experience with packet radio. But it is quite wide spread. I know that there are stations in the houston area that link up all the time.

Get with a local ham club in your area, they will steer you in the right direction.

TMike

FunkBuddha
10-03-2008, 05:57 AM

To quote a Tupac song.

A coward dies a thousand deaths, a soldier dies but once.

Damn, I get all choked up just thinking about that quote.

Mini-Me
10-03-2008, 06:50 AM
Yes, now that is a wise suggestion.

The concerns voiced in this thread can be solved with software.

A VPN account in Europe, onionrouter, etc etc.

One problem with this is that international communications are the ones that will be most heavily monitored and filtered, China-style.

Plus, onion routers are nice, but TOR is only an outproxy network, which is inherently vulnerable to attacks by compromised outproxies, especially if there are a lot of them and especially if they're colluding with ISP's, etc. That said, end-to-end encrypted channels can be used to defend against these kind of attacks, since the outproxy won't actually know the content of the message. On the other hand, I2P is a self-contained network layer that can include outproxies, but I2P client/servers contain a directory of users called NetDB. Nobody knows which member is ultimately communicating with whom (or at least it's very difficult to tell) or what they're saying, but my concern is that the I2P NetDB could be easily used to just get a list of everyone on the network so everyone can be tracked down and "shipped away," thereby taking down the network as a whole. They'll use the whole, "If you don't have anything to hide..." excuse. Under a totalitarian regime, I imagine I2P users will have a big red target over their heads - though I'd love to find out I'm mistaken from someone who knows more about I2P than me. In any case, I2P is still unfinished software anyway...

Most of this is probably a moot point though. Under a totalitarian government, strong encryption will probably be outlawed anyway, drastically reducing the usefulness of anonymizing/pseudonymizing networks like TOR and I2P. Even friend-to-friend networks (which don't share the problems I see with I2P's NetDB) could be monitored at the ISP level if encryption is forbidden.

gilliganscorner
10-03-2008, 07:24 AM
Hi Folks,

Yes, I am going to yammer on again about the same thing.

You guys are talking about stockpiling and provisioning but in an isolated fashion - at an individual level, and this is goodness.

However, you need to start thinking about what are you going to do when you cannot trade for the things you don't have. A market for yourselves if you will. Establish contacts through this site is a start:

http://www.freemarketforliberty.com/ - Setup by RPF member Social Engineer.

Build your agorist network. (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?p=1652039#post1652039) <-- Hopefully this link will start the creative juices flowing

Wishing you good luck, but if you're prepared, hopefully you will won't need it.

AlabamaWildMan
10-03-2008, 01:41 PM
Come to washington state everyone and lets protect each other...

We have Friends there and they've offered to let us do just that.
That offer sounds better-than-ever...after this day has come-to-pass.

tpreitzel
10-03-2008, 01:52 PM

My ham radio...
Alinco DX-70TH 100 watts

TMike

Sure, but the problem with ALL of these suggestions is FCC control. How do we communicate beyond what the government says is legal? When fascism arrives in force, NO dissenter of the establishment will be allowed to freely communicate. With everyone chipped, how will you evade detection so you can communicate freely? These hurdles need to be overcome. Can packet radio (RF) be used outside of FCC regulations? Sure, but for how long? Mobility and lack of detection is the key. How can we setup anonymous networks which are mobile and not easily detectable? Line-of-Sight (LOS) optics (IR) are probably one of the most secure methods for local communications. I still haven't come to a definitive answer after thinking about this subject periodically for years.

I sure wish Nikola Tesla were alive today and working with optics.

tpreitzel
10-03-2008, 02:22 PM
Maybe, it's possible to embed RF information into natural sounds that are transmitted undetectable but remain extractable at the receiving end with special keys that are changeable. I suppose the keys could be transmitted in a similar manner. If just one aspect of the transmissions escapes detection, then unauthorized decoding would be extremely difficult. Music might be a good case for experimentation.

Optical Transmission in a Mobile Environment:

http://spie.org/x8534.xml?highlight=x2414

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
10-03-2008, 02:31 PM

lol.

If yours isn't on already, it's probably too late. (for you)

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
10-03-2008, 06:41 PM
This.

In a time of Martial Law, the internet will be heavily regulated. I would suspect websites like these would be tracked.

You should go ahead and change that tracking prediction to "now."

OKRonPaul
10-03-2008, 08:01 PM
Can the US even pretend to have marshall law? How many troops per town with all of them over seas?

ronpaulfollower999
10-03-2008, 08:04 PM
Can the US even pretend to have marshall law? How many troops per town with all of them over seas?

Here comes the draft......:(

puppetmaster
10-03-2008, 08:06 PM

no we would have "peace keepers" from Canada.... and NATO to help because our American forces are everywhere else!

manny229
10-03-2008, 08:08 PM

What about the police?

ShowMeLiberty
10-03-2008, 08:16 PM
no we would have "peace keepers" from Canada.... and NATO to help because our American forces are everywhere else!

Wasn't t here something just recently... some law passed that allows the U.S. government to do exactly this - enlist the aid of foreign militaries to help in a "serious emergency"? More pieces of the puzzle...

puppetmaster
10-03-2008, 08:18 PM
Wasn't t here something just recently... some law passed that allows the U.S. government to do exactly this - enlist the aid of foreign militaries to help in a "serious emergency"? More pieces of the puzzle...

yes I believe so.....