PDA

View Full Version : Did your senators vote for the bailout?

rational thinker
10-02-2008, 02:05 PM
Let's see who, on RPF, has senators that actually work for the people.

Since I'm from Michigan, I got 1 out of 2. Beat that, bitches!

Kotin
10-02-2008, 02:06 PM
Cornyn and Hutchison voted yes.. fucking scumbags..

I hear John Cornyn rents a train and charges lobbyist 25,000$$ a ticket..

WTF!!!!!

RoyalShock
10-02-2008, 02:07 PM
In Kansas (Pat Roberts, Sam Brownback), both voted No.

SnappleLlama
Pennsylvania's Senators Casey and Specter both voted for the bailout. :(

kojirodensetsu
In Washington state Cantwell voted no, Murray voted yes.

dsentell
10-02-2008, 02:08 PM
Both Missouri scumbags voted Yes. . .

purplechoe
10-02-2008, 02:09 PM
But of the terrorists from IL voted for it, Obama and Durbin.

Spider-Man
10-02-2008, 02:10 PM

Shout out to Kansas from your friends in Alabama.

Two states who know how to call bullshit.

LibertasPraesidium
10-02-2008, 02:10 PM
In minnesota

Klobuchar and Norm Coleman voted yes...

IMPEACH.. coleman is an incumbent going to lose his seat anyway so .

no worries plus we have a couple rp republicans up here :-) oh yeah :-)

amy31416
10-02-2008, 02:12 PM
PA: Both Casey(D) and Specter(R) voted yes on the bill. I couldn't get through to Specter's office today, which hopefully means that other Republicans are pissed as hell that he voted yes.

I called my Congressman today and the receptionist could not tell me if he was going to keep his vote "nay" for the bailout. If he changes his vote to yes, I'm voting for the Democrat looking to unseat him, and she has a good shot. The unfortunate part is that I don't agree with the Dem on her notions on local business. What a shitty situation.

anaconda
10-02-2008, 02:13 PM
Yup. Both Boxer and Feinstein. Surprise surprise...

Sarge
10-02-2008, 02:15 PM
McCain and Kyl yes in Arizona.

Need to get a couple of Ron Paul thinkers to run against Kyl and McCain if he doesn't win, in two years.

They need to start now. If McCain wins we need someone good to fill the slot.

SWATH
10-02-2008, 02:17 PM
KY
Bunning No
McConnell yes

tep620
10-02-2008, 02:17 PM
nvm

aspiringconstitutionalist
10-02-2008, 02:20 PM
Ohio:
Voinovich and Brown were both Yesmen. :(

Mortikhi
10-02-2008, 02:24 PM
Get this shit. My D voted No and my R voted Yes.

They must have thought it was Opposite Day.

kathy88
10-02-2008, 02:28 PM
Pennsylvania's Senators Casey and Specter both voted for the bailout. :(

Because they both SUCK.

BCR_9er
10-02-2008, 02:29 PM

Same here!

ItsTime
10-02-2008, 02:39 PM
I was 0 for 2 both saying yes. Live Free but give your money to the bank Or Die state of NH

Warrior_of_Freedom
10-02-2008, 02:49 PM
Let's see who, on RPF, has senators that actually work for the people.

Both NJ senators voted Aye -_-

Austin
10-02-2008, 02:50 PM
Yes, Lugar and Bayh both voted for it.

Sandra
10-02-2008, 02:54 PM
Louisiana's Landrieu and Vitter both voted "no".

ronpaulfollower999
10-02-2008, 02:57 PM
Florida:
Bill Nelson (D)- NO :)
Mel Martinez (R)- YES :(

salinaspaul
10-02-2008, 03:10 PM

Yes, much to my pleasant shock, these two neocons I loosely adopt as mine (I will always, always, ALWAYS be a son of Texas) voted NO BAILOUT!

yay! I'm impressed... not only that, my loosely adopted Democrat representative in the House also voted no!

3 for 3!

Austin
10-02-2008, 03:12 PM
Yes, much to my pleasant shock, these two neocons I loosely adopt as mine (I will always, always, ALWAYS be a son of Texas) voted NO BAILOUT!

yay! I'm impressed... not only that, my loosely adopted Democrat representative in the House also voted no!

3 for 3!

0 for 3 here

QueenB4Liberty
10-02-2008, 03:14 PM

WTF!!!!!

Yeah, I'm so pissed. Hutchinson is a freak. "She" never even emails me back. :mad:

BagOfEyebrows
10-02-2008, 03:29 PM
I was 0 for 2 both saying yes. Live Free but give your money to the bank Or Die state of NH

I think the Democrat Congresswoman is going to vote Nay on it (again) - to have 2 Senators from NH who are Republicans vote yes on it and then to have it nayed by the Democrat Congresswoman is just mind-boggling, and it's going to be interesting if she nays it again - I hope she does just that (not that I'd vote for her, but it would be good if she remains solid on her nay.) Even people who don't normally support the congresswoman on other issues are speaking highly of her representation of NH voters, who are ovewhelmingly against this bill.

Senator Judd Gregg was on the committee to 'negotiate' the bill to the massive pile of poo it now is. He thinks he's safe because he's not up for vote this November - but using state law/state constitution, can't we remove him from office if he violated his oath to the state law/constitution with his vote and his role in negotiating this on our behalf when the people are against it? On C4L it mentions states that can remove by petition - in NH, is removal possible in another way or constitutional procedure? I would think removal from office from any state for breaking oath to the state constitution must be possible -

I was thinking maybe each town/city could invite Senator Gregg to a town hall or city hall meeting to explain to residents why he just did this to us. I think that's what we're supposed to do with our elected officials - hold them accounatable when they mess up - and this was a gigantic mess up. Maybe Sununu and Gregg should both be on a town and city hall tour this upcoming autumn, and into the winter season - maybe folks could bring it up to their board of selectmen/women? Citing article 8 (All power residing originally in, and being derived from, the people, all the magistrates and officers of government are their substitutes and agents, and at all times accountable to them. )

Here's Senator Gregg's oath of office, as outlined by Art. 84 (his oath is, above all else, to the NH state constitution - his allegiance is to the United States of America, but he is supposed to support NH state law, and represent his constituents, acting on their behalf.)

[Art.] 84. [Oath of Civil Officers.] Any person chosen governor, councilor, senator, or representative, military or civil officer, (town officers excepted) accepting the trust, shall, before he proceeds to execute the duties of his office, make and subscribe the following declaration, viz. -

I, A.B. do solemnly swear, that I will bear faith and true allegiance to the United States of America and the state of New Hampshire, and will support the constitution thereof. So help me God.

I, A.B. do solemnly and sincerely swear and affirm that I will faithfully and impartially discharge and perform all duties incumbent on me as ................................................., according to the best of my abilities, agreeably to the rules and regulations of this constitution and laws of the state of New Hampshire. So help me God.

Any person having taken and subscribed the oath of allegiance, and the same being filed in the secretary's office, he shall not be obliged to take said oath again.

Provided always, when any person chosen or appointed as aforesaid shall be of the denomination called Quakers, or shall be scrupulous of swearing, and shall decline taking the said oaths, such person shall take and subscribe them, omitting the word "swear," and likewise the words "So help me God," subjoining instead thereof, "This I do under the pains and penalties of perjury."

I, A.B., do solemnly and sincerely swear and affirm, that I will faithfully and impartially discharge and perform all the duties incumbent on me as....................according to the best of my abilities, agreeably to the rules and regulations of this constitution, and the laws of the State of New Hampshire. So help me God.

June 2, 1784
Amended 1792 three times, changing president to governor; shortening oath of allegiance; and dispensing with need to take second oath.
Amended 1970 adding allegiance to the United States of America.

HOLLYWOOD
10-02-2008, 04:20 PM

WTF!!!!!

This is EXACTLY like the LOOPHOLES companies and corporations RENT/LEASE
SEWAGE Systems in Europe and writeoff $100's of MILLIONS in corporate TAXES.

Guess who did this? FIRST UNION/WACHOVIA

so for years they get around paying corporate taxes, and then, after the GREED POOL has dried up, they need the POH FOLKS of America to BAIL THEM OUT!

ANY CONGRESS CRITTER that supports this BAILOUT is a THEFT, LIAR, SOCIOPATH.

RUN THEM ALL OUT of OFFICE!!! to the UNEMPLOYMENT LINES...

PELOSI, REID, FRANK, and that slimy big mouth rep from IL.

Ron Paul Vermont
10-02-2008, 05:13 PM
Vermont was supposed to go 2/2 but it went 1/2. Stinking Leahy! I got some work to do!

nate895
10-02-2008, 05:27 PM
1/2, Cantwell voted against it. I was shocked, after all, it is Murray who is coming up for reelection in 2010, and Cantwell isn't up until 2012.

MsDoodahs
10-02-2008, 05:40 PM
The Dishonorable Traitor Cornyn voted for it.

The Dishonorable Traitor Hutchinson voted for it.

Both have the (R) brand, and both represent the state of ... Wall Street.

:mad: