PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul coming to University of Maryland campus (College Park)!

malkusm
10-02-2008, 01:04 PM
Please spread the word on this - I'm not sure if it has appeared on Campaign for Liberty's web site or anywhere on the forums, so I figured I'd post it here anyway.

Event Info
Host:
Maryland Students For Liberty and The College Republicans

Time and Place
Date:
Thursday, October 9, 2008
Time:
7:30pm - 8:30pm
University of Maryland, Comcast Center Auxiliary Gym
City/Town:
College Park, MD

Description:
Ron Paul is coming to the University of Maryland (Comcast Center) to endorse pro-liberty congressional republican candidates. This means that they support a similar message to what Ron Paul put forth in his campaign of smaller government, no undeclared wars or nation building, radically reduced taxes, a sound dollar, a reformed monetary policy, and a return to the constitution!

In the midst of one of the greatest financial crisis since the great depression, and a presidential election that offers big government or bigger government, now is the best time to spread the message of liberty to a nation that is going bankrupt and losing their freedoms.

- Main event starts at 7:30pm for a small donation at the door
- Show up at 6:30 for a special VIP room event with Ron Paul with a $150 donation

Invite your friends!

__________________________________________________ __________

Guys, this is a really great job by the people at the University of Maryland to contact Dr. Paul and organize this event, in one of the biggest venues on the north side of DC. He will be talking up pro-liberty candidates in Maryland (Peter James and Collins Bailey, whom he has endorsed, as well as Matthews and Hargadon) and I'm sure talking about the economic situation that faces our country, in a critical period, less than a month before the election.

If you can make it, please make the trip to the University of Maryland; if you have friends in the area, please let them know about the event! Pack the Comcast Center for liberty!

SnappleLlama
10-02-2008, 01:07 PM
What's going on in the VIP room? Snacks and drinks with the good Doctor? :)

JasonC
10-02-2008, 01:08 PM
I might drive down to see it. I got to see how long of a drive it is from me.

malkusm
10-02-2008, 01:10 PM
My apologies, I meant to post the Facebook event here for those of you with Facebook accounts:

http://www.new.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home#/event.php?eid=32972081916&ref=nf

SnappleLlama
10-02-2008, 01:10 PM
It's definitely tempting, as I'm near Harrisburg, PA, and MD isn't far away. Is there a lot of parking available on campus?

malkusm
10-02-2008, 01:14 PM
I don't go to UMD so I'm acting on what limited information I have (from football/basketball games, and brief visits from my friends)....

My understanding is that if you check in as a visitor, you will be able to find parking (you might have to walk up to a mile to the Comcast Center, but you'll be able to park :D ). Let me call my friend right now and I will hopefully have more info for visitor parking.

SnappleLlama
10-02-2008, 01:15 PM
I don't go to UMD so I'm acting on what limited information I have (from football/basketball games, and brief visits from my friends)....

My understanding is that if you check in as a visitor, you will be able to find parking (you might have to walk up to a mile to the Comcast Center, but you'll be able to park :D ). Let me call my friend right now and I will hopefully have more info for visitor parking.

Thanks! This is too exciting!!

tekkierich
10-02-2008, 07:08 PM
Look for more details on this tomorrow.

BTW - Ron Paul has endorsed 5 candidates in Maryland:

Bartlett
Bailey
Hargadon
James
and Matthews

Incrimsonias
10-02-2008, 07:16 PM
You can park in most parking lots at umd after 4 p.m.. Just make sure you read the signs ;)

HOLLYWOOD
10-02-2008, 07:27 PM
RON PAUL ahould be Visiting and SPeaking at every University and college with; THE MESSAGE

Not the MONEY GRUB Bill CLINTON and his PANDERING for BUCKS and SELLOUT for WEALTH across America Tour

tekkierich
10-03-2008, 01:33 PM
We are excited to announce an event that has been in the planning stages for a very long time. Ron Paul will be headlining a Rally and Fundraiser for Maryland Republican Congressional candidates, including Richard Matthews of the Second District in the coming week. With Ron Paul’s public endorsement at this event the Matthews campaign is the clear choice for constituents looking for limited Constitutional Government, sound money, a humble foreign policy of no nation building, and an adherence to the principles of Liberty that make this nation great.

The event will take place at the Comcast Center Pavilion Gym at the University of Maryland in College Park and held at 7:30PM Thursday October 9th. On sale at the door, General Admission is $25, Students (with ID) $5. Additionally, VIP sponsors are welcome to attend a private reception with Dr. Paul and Maryland Congressional Candidates, including Matthews starting at 6:30PM, for the cost of $150.

A hotline has been established with the latest details regarding this event. (240) 744-7446

Directions to the Comcast Center see: http://www.mdgridiron.umd.edu/maryland/directions/Comcast.html

Many thanks for this event and so many other things must go to my late friend, patriot, and campaign manager Patrick Citroni for initiating the planning for this event. Unfortunately he was not able to see this to fruition due to a tragic motorcycle accident two weeks ago. http://www.richardmatthews.org/read/?Patrick-J-Citroni-3787

I hope to see you there!

Sincerely,
Richard Matthews
Matthews for Congress
P.O. Box 19715
Baltimore, MD 21226
http://www.richardmatthews.org
mailto:rich@richardmatthews.org
410-344-7522

Liberty, Peace & Prosperity

P.S. Directions to the Comcast Center:

Directions: Comcast Center
From US Route 1:

From the North (Laurel, etc.): Follow US Route 1 South into College Park. Bear right onto 193 West (University Blvd.). At the first light take a left onto Terrapin Trail. Turn right into Lot 9 and park in any available parking space. Enter Comcast Center from the North Entrance.

From the South (Hyattsville, etc.): Follow US Route 1 North into College Park. Pass the University of Maryland on the left. Bear right onto 193 West (University Blvd.). At the first light take a left onto Terrapin Trail. Turn right into Lot 9 and park in any available parking space. Enter Comcast Center from the North Entrance.

If Lot 9 is full: Exit the parking lot and turn right onto Terrapin Trail. Pass the softball field and Comcast Center. At the stop sign, turn right. Follow the road approximately 500 feet and turn right into Lot 9, and park in any available parking space. Take the steps up and enter Comcast Center from the South Entrance.
From Distant Points:

From Baltimore: Go about 25 miles south on I-95, get into the second lane from the right and get off at Exit 27 towards College Park. After a long exit ramp, follow Exit 25B and go south on US Route 1.

From Maryland's Eastern Shore: Take US Route 50 acorss the Chesapeake Bay Bridge. There is no toll westbound, but there is a toll eastbound. Once across the bridge, follow US Route 50 West for about 25 miles and get onto I-95 North. Follow I-95 and get off at Exit 25B and go south on US Route 1.