PDA

View Full Version : Who was laughing at Ron Paul ?

Giuliani was there on 911
09-05-2007, 11:18 PM
Was it really Giuliani ?

slantedview
09-05-2007, 11:19 PM
I thought it was Giuliani, but it was hard to tell.

rajibo
09-05-2007, 11:20 PM
I don't know, but I nominate your name as best RonPaulforums name ever, taking the lead over Isufferfromronpaulfever.

09-05-2007, 11:20 PM
I thought it was Giuliani, but it was hard to tell.

starting at the 7:30 mark here is where I get really disgusted
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=5826496924521855030

JoshLowry
09-05-2007, 11:22 PM
http://rattube.com/blog1/2007/09/05/fox-news-runs-laughter-over-ron-paul-at-debate/

Shows what times to watch for.

It looks like when Paul was clapping you couldn't hear it because his mic was off but they left the other persons microphone on enabling them to laugh and be heard.

When 3:10 is left of the video.

devil21
09-05-2007, 11:22 PM
It was both Mitt and Rudy giggling at different times.

jjschless
09-05-2007, 11:23 PM
Giuliani wasn't laughing at Ron Paul he was day dreaming about how much hair he would have when they carve his face onto Mt. Rushmore. This caused him to chuckle.

;) :P

It would be incredible if we could get footage of them laughing

CJLauderdale4
I thought Brit accidentally hit the laugh-track button...
That wasn't it??

I don't know, but I nominate your name as best RonPaulforums name ever, taking the lead over Isufferfromronpaulfever.
thank you

Kuldebar
09-05-2007, 11:24 PM
It was more of a giggle than a laugh. Were there 3rd graders in the front seating area?

CJLauderdale4
09-05-2007, 11:24 PM
Congressman Paul? (Huh-huh-huh-huh-uhhh..ahem)

paulitics
09-05-2007, 11:25 PM
Romney was the most guilty.

jjschless
09-05-2007, 11:26 PM
we need a photoshop of Giuliani as Beavis-Cornohlio going heh heh he heh heh

we need a photoshop of Giuliani as Beavis-Cornohlio going heh heh he heh heh
lol

CJLauderdale4
Congressman Paul? (Huh-huh-huh-uhhh..ahem)

ape
Originally Posted by themanhere
The chuckles came from Rudy the orange man that used too much spray tan.

I think themanhere said it best :D

Paulitician
09-05-2007, 11:28 PM
Romney is a joke. He was probably laughing at himself. Even though Wallace is a jackass, I love how he drilled Mitt on every question he asked. And what did he get in the polls, 4th? Bwahahhahahaha

CJLauderdale4
09-05-2007, 11:29 PM
And this question is for Congressman Paul... (Huh-huh-huh-uhhh..ahem)

slantedview
09-05-2007, 11:29 PM
starting at the 7:30 mark here is where I get really disgusted
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=5826496924521855030

yea, that's pretty terrible. incredibly unprofessional and unbecoming of a candidate for president to laugh like that.

WhiteWhaleHolyGrail
09-05-2007, 11:30 PM
I thought it was Romney since he laughed at Ron Paul during the other debates. Complete jerk.

Chester Copperpot
09-05-2007, 11:31 PM
Was it really Giuliani ?

I listened to it a few times.. it is definitely giuliani.. it is the same laugh as the one where he laughed about ron paul not attacking habeus corpus.. however there are other times when 2 people are laughing.. and then it seems to be RUDY AND romney.. Romney has the deep laugh and Rudy has the little high pitched laugh

CJLauderdale4
09-05-2007, 11:31 PM
Now for Congressman Paul... (Huh-huh-huh-uhhh..ahem)

09-05-2007, 11:33 PM
I thought it was Romney since he laughed at Ron Paul during the other debates. Complete jerk.
I thought it was hilarious when he tried to pull a Giuliani on Ron Paul in the Iowa debates

"Is this guy forgetting about 9/11 ?"
*crickets*

leipo
09-05-2007, 11:35 PM
Yeah, i think it was Giuliani & Romney.

CJLauderdale4
09-05-2007, 11:35 PM

I'm sorry Mr. Paul, Mr. Mayor, did you have something to say??

max
09-05-2007, 11:36 PM
I just watched all 12 minutes of ron paul again...I think it was wendall who was laughing...(but Rudy snickered as well)

Cowlesy
09-05-2007, 11:38 PM
I just watched all 12 minutes of ron paul again...I think it was wendall who was laughing...(but Rudy snickered as well)

When the truth hurts the natural defense mechanism is to laugh.

rajibo
09-05-2007, 11:38 PM
Mitt Romney needs to just get out of politics and host the New Tic Tac Doe on the Game Show Network.

http://www.geocities.com/ianofrhs/winkmartindale.jpghttp://www.businessweek.com/the_thread/brandnewday/archives/mitt-romney.jpg

max
09-05-2007, 11:40 PM
When the truth hurts the natural defense mechanism is to laugh.

3 stages of truth..

first it is ridiculed...
second, it is attacked
third,..it is universally accepted as self evident...

arthur schopenauer...

we are somewhere in between the ridicule and attack stages now....whicj is a helluva a lot better than being ignored

Karsten
09-05-2007, 11:43 PM
I am so impressed with Ron Paul tonight. The laughing and the negative responces by the hosts showed Ron Paul in a hostile environment, which made his strong answers and the crowd's appluse seem more significant. That was just so amazing. I went to Karate after the first 30 minutes, depressed because Ron Paul wasn't getting a chance to speak. When I came home and watched the rest....woah. Truly amazing. Even better than the fox debate back in may.

Shatterhand
09-05-2007, 11:45 PM
I thought the laughter was strangely a good thing. Viewers who were trying to listen to RP must have wondered who was snickering and why they were trying to distract from the message. I think it might help wake people up, as strange as that might sound.

Ha, ha, ha!
:D :D :D
Ha, ha, ha!
It's so funny when Dr. Paul speaks the truth and makes sense.

dircha
09-05-2007, 11:47 PM
I thought it was the moderators chuckling.

They all had grins on their faces whenever the camera would show an angle with them in it when Paul was being attacked.

CJLauderdale4
09-05-2007, 11:51 PM

Mr. Mayor?? Oh, was that you Wendall???

BenIsForRon
09-06-2007, 12:06 AM
Yeah, it seemed to me like the laughing, especially if it was the commentators, was a premeditated effort to marginalize Ron Paul. It's not gonna work though. Most people who still watch Fox news are already beyond reach, and anybody else tuning in could totally see that Ron was speaking the truth, while others were just spouting talking points.

Dary
09-06-2007, 12:18 AM
Mitt Romney said to Sean Hannity after the debate that (and I quote) "If you look at the debate you're going to find that people were not disrespectful of one another, not abusive of them in anyway shape or form. People were courteous."

Can Mitt (or anyone else) watch and listen to Ron Paul’s time (I’m sure he can find it on YouTube) and then tell me that the snickering and rude under the breath giggling that was going on was anything but disrespectful?

It sounded to me like he may have even contributed to it.

Thank God for YouTube. The proof is there. Will Mitt deny it?

CJLauderdale4
09-06-2007, 12:19 AM

Mr. Romney?? Something to add here??

Kuldebar
09-06-2007, 12:23 AM
I wonder if the media will mention the gigglers at all? Maybe out them for the world to see?

My guess: it was Rudy and Mitt doing the giggles.

CJLauderdale4
09-06-2007, 12:24 AM
A question for Congressman Paul... (Huh-huh-huh-uhhh..ahem)

Mr. Romney and Mr. Guiliani could you please?!?!?!?!

bvboys
09-06-2007, 12:28 AM
This tactic is not new, replay the Stop Dreaming video and listen to the laughter at the very beginning. They have been belittling and demeaning him since the beginning. Why are we surprised and offended by the fact that these people will do whatever it takes to win? Whether it be flip flopping or laughing at their opponents nothing is beneath them.:mad:

speciallyblend
09-06-2007, 12:31 AM
it was definitely Giuliani that is laughing

Kuldebar
09-06-2007, 12:32 AM
This tactic is not new, replay the Stop Dreaming video and listen to the laughter at the very beginning. They have been belittling and demeaning him since the beginning. Why are we surprised and offended by the fact that these people will do whatever it takes to win? Whether it be flip flopping or laughing at their opponents nothing is beneath them.:mad:

Well, we need to ensure that we (Americans) get the last laugh. :)

After all, he who laughs last, laughs best.

CJLauderdale4
And this final scenario...Congressman Paul... (Huh-huh-huh-uhhh..ahem)

BarryDonegan
the laughter thing was too obvious, it was too loud in the mix, and everyone noticed it. it is recorded on youtube for everyone to hear. that was a major mistake, that will have blowback for FOXNEWS.

ron paul had no problem carrying the crowd in the room, the laughter trick would have worked sans applause, but the applause he received almost made the laughter sound excited and approving.

SWATH
09-06-2007, 12:34 AM
Anyone notice while Ron Paul was talking about 9/11 or Iraq, they kept showing a split screen of him and Giuliani.

Kuldebar
09-06-2007, 12:34 AM
I noticed the laughter was actually louder/clearer on the Youtube videos I watched (from various sites).

Anyone notice while Ron Paul was talking about 9/11 or Iraq, they kept showing a split screen of him and Giuliani.

Yes, didn't see them do that with other candidates.

speciallyblend
09-06-2007, 12:36 AM

you hit the nail on the head

CJLauderdale4
09-06-2007, 12:37 AM
Kuldebar, nice signature!!

Zydeco
09-06-2007, 12:40 AM
When they write the history books (in 3-5 years), Giuliani's participation in 9/11 is going to be one of the most interesting chapters.

'Nuff said for now.

Mitt Romneys sideburns
09-06-2007, 01:09 AM
Giuliani wasnt the high girly laugh, because you can hear it momentarily when the camera is on him, but his mouth isnt moving.

I think Brit Hume had the deeper laugh.

I cant identify the girly laugh, unless Kusinich was hiding somewhere on stage. Can leprechauns turn invisible?

katao
09-06-2007, 01:21 AM
Mitt Romney said to Sean Hannity after the debate that (and I quote) "If you look at the debate you're going to find that people were not disrespectful of one another, not abusive of them in anyway shape or form. People were courteous."

Can Mitt (or anyone else) watch and listen to Ron Paul’s time (I’m sure he can find it on YouTube) and then tell me that the snickering and rude under the breath giggling that was going on was anything but disrespectful?

It sounded to me like he may have even contributed to it.

Thank God for YouTube. The proof is there. Will Mitt deny it?

I would die to be able to attend one of the "Ask Mitt Anything" sessions and call him on the carpet for it - "You talk about the dignified position of the Presidency when refusing to be a part of a YouTube debate, yet you participated in actively mocking the views of another candidate?"

michaelwise
09-06-2007, 01:50 AM
Romney reminds me of Guy Smiley. All his snickering just makes him look like a dope.

iamso910
09-06-2007, 02:21 AM
http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff181/iamso910/Giggler.jpg

Madison
09-06-2007, 02:34 AM
Ha, perfect.

Thunderbolt
09-06-2007, 04:57 AM

Trassin
09-06-2007, 05:01 AM
I gotta admit, I didn't like the we have to get rid of the FBI and the CIA. Slow down there a little. That I think hurt him.
I still haven't found any where that RP has said that. He has talked about stream lining the CIA and preventing it from interfering in other country's affairs. He also has said that we still need the ability to gather inteligence on other countries.

misconstrued
09-06-2007, 06:23 AM
I still haven't found any where that RP has said that. He has talked about stream lining the CIA and preventing it from interfering in other country's affairs. He also has said that we still need the ability to gather inteligence on other countries.

Ron Paul's main beef with the CIA is based on the fact that they wage secret wars that result in what we've come to know as "blowback". The CIA overthrew Iran's elected leader and put the Shah back into power back in, I believe, 1953. This was to maintain western control over Iranian oil. Google "Operation Ajax". The Shah ruled for about 25 years. The CIA also worked to radicalize Islam when to fight the Soviets. There are numerous stories that we know about like this. There are undoubtedly many more we are unaware of. BTW, The last president to say he wanted to get rid of the CIA for their "mischief" was John F. Kennedy. I have never heard or read anything about Ron Paul wanting to get rid of the FBI.

catwoman
09-06-2007, 06:31 AM
Fox News (the moderators) said he wanted to get rid of the FBI, but I did not hear those words come out of his mouth. They put them in, so to speak, along with some other issues and then he only had a brief time to refute all of their misinformation. Of course he didn't have time to refute it all.

Ridiculous
09-06-2007, 06:34 AM
The girly giggle came from Tancredo.

kylejack
09-06-2007, 06:35 AM
HAHAHAHAHA I HAVE NO CHANCE AND I'M 3-20 AGAINST RON PAUL IN THE STRAW POLLS HAHAHAHAHAHA

http://ronpaul2008.com/straw-poll-results/

LibertyEagle
09-06-2007, 06:40 AM
It was mostly Giuliani, but Mitt was also in there laughing at times, too.

Ridiculous
09-06-2007, 06:49 AM
I'm telling you the annoying girly laugh was Tancredo. Watch it again. Rudy and Mitts laughs don't sound like that.

mtmedlin
09-06-2007, 07:12 AM
The high pitch laughing is tancredo. I have heard his laugh before and commented to my wife about it.

kylejack
09-06-2007, 07:14 AM
I'm telling you the annoying girly laugh was Tancredo. Watch it again. Rudy and Mitts laughs don't sound like that.

I'm almost positive that both Rudy and Mitt were laughing.

Captain Shays
09-06-2007, 07:32 AM
There was no one with such a low moral character on that stage, with such low class as to laugh at anotherr candidate than Ghoulaini. At least one of them was him. No doubt.

Ridiculous
09-06-2007, 07:37 AM
They may have laughed a bit but the majority of it was from Tancredo. The laugh was high pitched and nasaly.

In the begining when Romney and Giuliani are joking about Thompson, you can hear the same giggle, as much as we'd like to believe that they both giggle like girls it wasn't one of them. Listen to the first few minutes of the debate if you still insist that it was Rudy or Mitt.

Afterwards, when Hanity and Colmns were interviewing him, he lets out the same sort of giggle.

Romney's laugh is much deeper. Rudy might have thrown in a laugh too, but it was Tancredo leading the pack.

kylejack
09-06-2007, 07:40 AM
They may have laughed a bit but the majority of it was from Tancredo. The laugh was high pitched and nasaly.

In the begining when Romney and Giuliani are joking about Thompson, you can hear the same giggle, as much as we'd like to believe that they both giggle like girls it wasn't one of them. Listen to the first few minutes of the debate if you still insist that it was Rudy or Mitt.

Afterwards, when Hanity and Colmns were interviewing him, he lets out the same sort of giggle.

Romney's laugh is much deeper. Rudy might have thrown in a laugh too, but it was Tancredo leading the pack.

Frankly I'm having a hard time believing this, because if there's one of those bums up there that's sort of friendly with Ron Paul, its Tom Tancredo.

Ridiculous
09-06-2007, 07:46 AM
Frankly I'm having a hard time believing this, because if there's one of those bums up there that's sort of friendly with Ron Paul, its Tom Tancredo.

I'm telling you, before you heard the giggle while Paul was talking, the same giggle was heard when they were joking about Thompson. I was thinking damn that is annoying right then and tried to see who it was. That giggle can be heard when both Giuliani and Romney joked about Thompson. There is a shot at the beginning where you can see it is Tancredo in the first few minutes of the debate.

Captain Shays
09-06-2007, 07:47 AM
If it was Tancredo it certainly backfired on him in a huge way. Did you see him attempt to follow Ron Paul on the IRan issue? He bumbled, slipped, studdered and fell like humpty dumpty. In fact they ALL did. No one defered to the Constitution like Ron Paul. And that question more than any other, including the CIA question seemed designed to slip him up. But it didn't. He shined.

Captain Shays
09-06-2007, 07:51 AM
I just heard Glen Beck address the laughing issue. He said that it was most likely Ghoulaini and it was incredibly distasteful.

Leslie Webb
09-06-2007, 08:25 AM
I think the laughter and snickering backfired, in that it got Ron Paul's dander up, and when he spoke, he came on fired up. He was the most impassioned candidate on the stage last night.

PRStein
09-06-2007, 08:28 AM
It sounded like Giuliani laughing during Ron Paul's answers. Poor form as always from the authoritarian. But who is laughing now? I did not need anything more to solidify my support for Dr. Paul - it's all there - but this was an outstanding boost.

angelatc
09-06-2007, 08:36 AM

It's classic Giuliani to be rude and demeaning. I think we've all heard the ferret and the Lupus tapes.

It's how he gets ahead in life. I'd rather have smarmy than that.

PRStein
09-06-2007, 08:37 AM
The Drudge Report posted one link regarding the Republican debate. Ron Paul is never mentioned, not a word, about the intensity of the exchange on the Iraq war but it mentions Thompson (who was not there!!) several times.

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20070906/D8RFSTSO2.html

max
09-06-2007, 08:39 AM
in the opening moments of "ron paul stop dreaming" you can hear romney laughing...i recognize the laugh

romney was definitely one....but rudy was as well...

i think wendell goler may have chuckled as well....but no doubt on romney and rudy

wgadget
09-06-2007, 08:40 AM
The Drudge Report posted one link regarding the Republican debate. Ron Paul is never mentioned, not a word, about the intensity of the exchange on the Iraq war but it mentions Thompson (who was not there!!) several times.

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20070906/D8RFSTSO2.html

Unbelievable. I thought Drudge was FOR RP.

Every time I hear something like this, I think back to that meeting the talk show hosts have every year with the President. They always come back to their shows saying iit's all hush-hush, and they can't say a word about anything the President said.

I can just see them there in a room planning strategy on how to attack RP.

09-06-2007, 09:49 AM
Unbelievable. I thought Drudge was FOR RP.

Every time I hear something like this, I think back to that meeting the talk show hosts have every year with the President. They always come back to their shows saying iit's all hush-hush, and they can't say a word about anything the President said.

I can just see them there in a room planning strategy on how to attack RP.

drudge is a neocon

paulitics
09-06-2007, 09:52 AM
Giuliani = chuckle
Romney = snicker
Tancredo = suspect
They are giddy schoolgirls

I hate McCain but he was at least dignified up there.

quickmike
09-06-2007, 09:59 AM

no it wasnt. It was Romney because they would have a split screen with paul/rudy and it would just show rudy smirking and at the same exact moment you heard the audio of someone else laughing, and it was always the same laugh. It was definitely 100% romney. Go watch the video and you will see what im saying. if it was rudy hes damn good at laughing while his mouth is closed.

brumans
09-06-2007, 10:03 AM
I thought it was one of the moderators, not a candidate.

quickmike
09-06-2007, 10:15 AM
I thought it was one of the moderators, not a candidate.

yeah, you might be right there, but it definitely wasnt rudy........100% sure of that

Ridiculous
09-06-2007, 10:18 AM
no it wasnt. It was Romney because they would have a split screen with paul/rudy and it would just show rudy smirking and at the same exact moment you heard the audio of someone else laughing, and it was always the same laugh. It was definitely 100% romney. Go watch the video and you will see what im saying. if it was rudy hes damn good at laughing while his mouth is closed.

I'm telling you the giggly laugh was Tacredo....

You can tell this in the beginning when other candidates are joking about Thompson.

Also in the interview afterwards, he lets out the same giggle when he jokes about the text messaging.

Anyone have a link to the debate video??

angelatc
09-06-2007, 10:21 AM
Does Rudy have dentures? His teeth bug me.

I think Drudge must have missed the memo said that the ignoring has now progressed to the laughing phase.

BizmanUSA
09-06-2007, 10:57 AM

I recall RP previously saying something to the effect of (paraphrasing) "with all these changes we can't just go in and turn the switch off - it has to been done in logical steps"

Ron Paul the common sense approach

BizmanUSA