PDA

View Full Version : We need your help to get Ron Paul/Goldwater on television!

torchbearer
10-02-2008, 10:13 AM
You can donate here:
http://brentsanders.chipin.com/ron-paulgoldwater-ad-development (email brentsanders@hotmail.com if you need an alternate way to donate)

The local media hasn't given us any free press, and thus, not many people even know Ron Paul is on the ballot. This ad will remedy that problem.

This chipin is for the advertisement development only.

Though this ad is being developed to promote Paul/Goldwater, it will also mention other third party options as it is an attack against "business as usual" candidates like McCain and Obama.

Here is a sample

"The Republicans" symbol - the elephant.

The Democrats" - the donkey.

But both parties are best represented by one blood-sucking mosquito - we are its victims.

Real American candidates support the following principles:

Bring our troops home now.

Stop the government spying on us.

Halt the national debt,

and audit the Federal Reserve.

They are: Ralph Nader, Cynthia McKinney, and Chuck Baldwin.

This November fourth, SMACK DOWN THE BLOODSUCKERS and vote third party!

This ad was paid for by the Louisiana Tax Payers Party, who support the presidential ticket of Ron Paul and Barry Goldwater Jr."

Our goal is $3000, but if we can raise more, we can get better clips etc. So the more, the merrier.
If you have any ideas for script improvement- please send those ideas to me as well. email: brentsanders@hotmail.com

Also- This ad will have the possibility of being revamped for any state or region for about $100. The cost of changing the ending to fit any state and any presidential ticket.... including Montana.

Please help us accomplish this project.

Brent

P.S.- If we don't raise enough to produce this commercial, we will run older grassroots commercials(from highland) for educational purposes - though they won't mention Ron being on the ballot this november.
Even if you can't donate, please spread this message to everyone on your email list. Let us not fail in this effort!

tonesforjonesbones
10-02-2008, 10:20 AM
I am so SICK of everyone and his brother asking for money! There must be 20 threads on this forum asking for money. T.

Shotdown1027
10-02-2008, 10:20 AM
Im sick of whiners.

tonesforjonesbones
10-02-2008, 10:24 AM
Shotdown..KMA...know what that means? T.

torchbearer
10-02-2008, 10:33 AM
We are sending this around to our own email list within the state.
The only reason I posted it here is because there were a few people who said they were interested in helping out.

If you aren't one of those people, go vote for McCain or something.

tonesforjonesbones
10-02-2008, 10:37 AM
I just wonder if this is a place to solicit donations...I guess that's up to the forum owner, but It makes me kinda crazy. Ron Paul supporters were called whiners for a lot of reasons from a lot of people too weren't they? kittyc..whoever that is with 19 posts just directed us to a chip in also...and there are several others today. As far as who I vote for..that is my freedom to decide..I do not deride anyone else for their selection and I'd appreciate the same respect..thanks. T.

torchbearer
10-02-2008, 10:39 AM
I just wonder if this is a place to solicit donations...I guess that's up to the forum owner, but It makes me kinda crazy. Ron Paul supporters were called whiners for a lot of reasons from a lot of people too weren't they? kittyc..whoever that is with 19 posts just directed us to a chip in also...and there are several others today. As far as who I vote for..that is my freedom to decide..I do not deride anyone else for their selection and I'd appreciate the same respect..thanks. T.

Oh, I thought you didn't like the ad because it isn't a Palin love fest.

Kotin
10-02-2008, 10:39 AM
bump

LibertyEagle
10-02-2008, 10:42 AM
This is a fundraising thread. Please keep it on-topic.

If anyone would like to express themselves about the merit of said fundraising, please start a thread of your own.

Thanks.

Rangeley
10-02-2008, 11:05 AM
Are you going through an ad company to make this?

torchbearer
10-02-2008, 11:30 AM
Are you going through an ad company to make this?

Tom Rankin, state coordinator of louisiana for the campaign for liberty, is in charge of the ad project. He is hiring a professional from California to produce the ad by the name of Joel Bevacqua.
I spoke with Joel on the phone. He is also a Ron Paul supporter and creates commercials and video production for a living.
Voice-overs will be done by a professional voice actor, and at the minimum, he will be hiring a video guy to capture new film of mosquito sucking blood from someone's arm.
If we have enough funds, he has some clips he can aquire for the commercial, but we will have to pay royalty to use them.
So our minimum budget to get the ad done is $3000... if we want all the bells and whistles, it could be as much as $7000. It just depends on what we can raise.

We may be able to negotiate a half-ass commercial for $2000, but i'm not sure it would benefit us to have a crappy commercial. There are better grassroots ads we can use if we fall short of $3000.

torchbearer
10-02-2008, 12:29 PM
graph isn't showing it yet, but we have $75 with 2 contributions.
98 more people donating about $30 each will get us to the goal.
If 100 people aren't interested in this commercial, we have indeed lost our muscle.

torchbearer
10-02-2008, 02:09 PM
bump

Kludge
10-02-2008, 02:39 PM
Bump

Shotdown1027
10-02-2008, 03:38 PM
bump

kaleidoscope eyes
10-02-2008, 03:49 PM
Torch hope you get what you need! Plus some. :D

Micah Dardar
10-02-2008, 04:23 PM
Jeez, I wish I was the Federal Reserve. I'm broke but I could print you all you'd like.

torchbearer
10-02-2008, 06:15 PM
Jeez, I wish I was the Federal Reserve. I'm broke but I could print you all you'd like.

Well, if we can get something raised, I may have a back-up guy in shreveport who would do the ad cheaper. The catch is I gotta do something for him too. :eek:

AdamT
10-02-2008, 07:17 PM
bump

Scotso
10-02-2008, 11:39 PM
I'd be more willing to donate money if you would restrict your comments to just "the other options" and not actually name them (other than Ron Paul, of course). I'm all for promoting the "alternatives," but I'm not going to donate money to benefit someone like Cynthia McKinney.

Kludge
10-02-2008, 11:42 PM
Bump.

Micah Dardar
10-03-2008, 12:19 AM
I'd be more willing to donate money if you would restrict your comments to just "the other options" and not actually name them (other than Ron Paul, of course). I'm all for promoting the "alternatives," but I'm not going to donate money to benefit someone like Cynthia McKinney.

I like the idea, but maybe we should stick to promoting the Paul/Goldwater ticket.

Vote Ron Paul because You Know He's Right!

kaleidoscope eyes
10-03-2008, 05:51 AM
bump for early birds

torchbearer
10-03-2008, 08:26 AM

Yeah, we got some emails from higher ups at the C4L making the same comment.
We are going to change that line to either Paul/Goldwater or Ron Paul and Baldwin....
My preference is to just stick with Ron Paul/Goldwater, and I've already given them my two cents.

last email I got from Joel concerning this:

After thinking about it more I can see the other side of this. Not sure which I way I like better though. I guess we could just take out the individual candidates, during the first 23 seconds, and use the last 7 seconds to concentrate on the sponsored candidates. So in the Louisiana Tax Payers Party ad, we would say Paul/Goldwater Jr. or Baldwin/Castle believe in these points, whereas another area might want to concentrate on just Baldwin/Castle.

I guess it depends if folks think the candidates are strengthened or weakened by their associations with the other tickets. Anyway, I’ll have a rough cut of the first version soon so we’ll see how it flies (pun intended).

-Joel

torchbearer
10-03-2008, 08:30 AM
Ok, joel just sent another email,

here is a preview/rough cut of what he is working on:

http://www.deadlybuda.com/smackdown.html

Hey folks,

Here is the rough cut of the ad. Some disclaimers:

1. The voice over is just to get the timing right for the visuals. The voice over talent will be much more animated for the real thing. Basically the vocal track is a placeholder.

2. You will notice the words "Getty Images" on some of the pictures. Those are stand-in images that Getty lets people use until they license the pictures for commercial use.

3. In general, this is a rough cut, so, a lot of the finer touches that make something great aren't there yet. There's still a bit of work to do.

Ok so let me know what you think, changes, if we're going to take out the three candidates, etc.

-Joel Bevacqua

torchbearer
10-03-2008, 08:36 AM
you will have to rename the ltpp.htm to ltpp.flv

torchbearer
10-03-2008, 09:01 AM

Rhys
10-03-2008, 09:18 AM
This is very well deserved, and I regret that I can't vote for Dr. Paul.

Rhys
10-03-2008, 09:29 AM
Brent, I posted this on the NORMLNJ forums too http://forums.normlnj.org/showthread.php?p=2946#post2946

Scotso
10-03-2008, 11:29 AM
What media player plays .flv?

torchbearer
10-03-2008, 01:33 PM
What media player plays .flv?

http://www.download.com/FLV-Player/3000-2139_4-10467081.html

torchbearer
10-03-2008, 01:49 PM
Some interesting news, the Director/Producer Team from Washington, You’re Fired! has contacted me about helping with the ad, I may be able to barter for his services... still not sure if I can fulfil what he needs done in Louisiana, but once I know more... I let everyone know.

If I can get the ad done cheaper by bartering my services, this will help tremendously. Especially since funds are slow to come in...

I think its very important we get an ad on LA television for this ticket. The last thing we need is for Ron to get half a percent and the GOP take that as him not having much support for his ideas.

Rhys
10-03-2008, 02:10 PM
bump

torchbearer
10-03-2008, 07:30 PM
bump

torchbearer
10-03-2008, 10:20 PM
//

torchbearer
10-04-2008, 08:30 AM
new demo footage: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTZOrBKwTNY
same disclaimer as above.

Here is the rough cut of the ad. Some disclaimers:

1. The voice over is just to get the timing right for the visuals. The voice over talent will be much more animated for the real thing. Basically the vocal track is a placeholder.

2. You will notice the words "Getty Images" on some of the pictures. Those are stand-in images that Getty lets people use until they license the pictures for commercial use.

3. In general, this is a rough cut, so, a lot of the finer touches that make something great aren't there yet. There's still a bit of work to do.

Ok so let me know what you think, changes, if we're going to take out the three candidates, etc.

-Joel Bevacqua

LibertyEagle
10-04-2008, 08:36 AM
Torch,

I'm confused. Paul and Goldwater may be on the ticket in Louisiana, but not anywhere else that I know about. So, wouldn't it make more sense to have Paul and Goldwater endorsing the ticket of Baldwin/Castle?

Sorry if I'm just misunderstanding the goal of all this.

Sandra
10-04-2008, 08:37 AM
This is EXCELLENT!!!!!

torchbearer
10-04-2008, 08:41 AM
Torch,

I'm confused. Paul and Goldwater may be on the ticket in Louisiana, but not anywhere else that I know about. So, wouldn't it make more sense to have Paul and Goldwater endorsing the ticket of Baldwin/Castle?

Sorry if I'm just misunderstanding the goal of all this.

This goes back to a conversation i had many months ago.
People wanted to write-in ron paul.
I told them they were wasting their vote because their write-in wouldn't count.
THey would need a slate of electors to vote on for that count.
So- they get a slate of electors. Barr doesn't make the ballot.
His voters weren't voting for baldwin, so two groups of people who won't vote for baldwin now have a valid way to vote for someone they support.

torchbearer
10-04-2008, 08:51 AM
This is EXCELLENT!!!!!

This is just the rough version, I'm also working on a back-up plan, in case we fall short on funds.

torchbearer
10-04-2008, 09:40 AM
bump

torchbearer
10-04-2008, 01:13 PM
//

kaleidoscope eyes
10-04-2008, 02:29 PM
bump

torchbearer
10-04-2008, 05:57 PM
bump

torchbearer
10-04-2008, 06:14 PM
Just a heads up, I've been on the phone with several different groups, one of them being the makers of "washington, you're fired!".
No matter what, we are going to get this ad done, but not only that, we may have two ads done.
The second will address this bail-out directly.
Stuff is happening real fast. I'll keep ya posted.

The Latest script revision:

The Democrats' symbol - the donkey.

The Republicans' - the elephant.

But both parties are best symbolized by one blood-sucking mosquito

- we are its victims.

Real American candidates Chuck Baldwin, Bob Barr, Cynthia McKinney, and Ralph Nader

agree with Ron Paul on four points:

Bring our troops home now.

Stop the government spying.

Halt the national debt,

and audit the Federal Reserve.

This November fourth, SMACK DOWN THE BLOODSUCKERS!

Vote third party!

This ad was paid for by the Louisiana Tax Payers Party

who support the presidential ticket of Ron Paul and Barry Goldwater Jr."

Feelgood
10-04-2008, 06:18 PM
Isnt this a waste of time? Being that Ron has not only said that he is not running, has asked to have his name removed form ballots in other states, and has even stated he doesnt ever plan to run again? Why would anyone want to waste their time and resources for something like this?

I would prefer to put my time and effort inot a third party candidate if anything. Hell even a Chuck Baldwin thing, would be better. At least CB is running and on the ballots in several states. :rolleyes:

Mister Grieves
10-04-2008, 06:23 PM
Doesn't something significant happen in regards to the elections if a third party wins a state? Like a sudden death in the congress or something?

torchbearer
10-04-2008, 06:25 PM
Isnt this a waste of time? Being that Ron has not only said that he is not running, has asked to have his name removed form ballots in other states, and has even stated he doesnt ever plan to run again? Why would anyone want to waste their time and resources for something like this?

I would prefer to put my time and effort inot a third party candidate if anything. Hell even a Chuck Baldwin thing, would be better. At least CB is running and on the ballots in several states. :rolleyes:

The ad is promoting third parties.
It is outlining the 4 points Ron made at his annoucement.

The new ad will call out state politicians that voted for the bailout.

Or, I could just spend my time posting on here. That seems to change a lot of things.

I gave out 5 Ron Paul signs from my front yard today while I was outside talking to a friend.
I've been getting thumbs up from people on the road as I drive my ron paul laden truck.

People are like "yeah, I've been seeing this guy on tv a lot"

Are we going to win anything? NO.
Is baldwin or any other 3rd party candidate going to win any states. NO.
Then why bother? Right?

torchbearer
10-04-2008, 06:27 PM
Doesn't something significant happen in regards to the elections if a third party wins a state? Like a sudden death in the congress or something?

Depends on the vote outcome. It is possible that someone holding onto a hand full of electors could have a powerful bargaining chip in the end.
But it is highly unlikely in today's indoctrinated population, that enough people will vote 3rd party for that to happen.
Best case scenario, you make a big enough dent by reaching more people than you would have otherwise.
Had Ron not run at all, most of the people here would still be asleep.

torchbearer
10-04-2008, 07:04 PM
//

torchbearer
10-07-2008, 01:20 PM
Here is a more finalized version of the commercial: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHzHpC4kkm0

We raised $305 from our emails, and from a few people on here.
I will be on the phone tonight to get the rest of the money we need to get it paid for...

If anyone is interested in doing TV ad buys, pm me. I won't be making a seperate thread and I will need to give you the instructions on how you can make the purchase yourself.

ronpaulhawaii
10-07-2008, 01:56 PM

This has always been a place to solicit funds... Post count is a poor gauge of validity... If you don't want to be questioned on your selection, (on a political discussion board;)), it seems best to KYMS. Perhaps some feel it is disrespectful to voice support for the two clowns who are robbing our grandchildren on a board that, overwhelmingly, rejects empowering evil with our vote.

Here is a more finalized version of the commercial: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHzHpC4kkm0

We raised $305 from our emails, and from a few people on here.
I will be on the phone tonight to get the rest of the money we need to get it paid for...

If anyone is interested in doing TV ad buys, pm me. I won't be making a seperate thread and I will need to give you the instructions on how you can make the purchase yourself.

LOL- I like it

DIGG here

http://digg.com/2008_us_elections/Smack_Down_the_Blood_Suckers

torchbearer
10-07-2008, 02:15 PM
This has always been a place to solicit funds... Post count is a poor gauge of validity... If you don't want to be questioned on your selection, (on a political discussion board;)), it seems best to KYMS. Perhaps some feel it is disrespectful to voice support for the two clowns who are robbing our grandchildren on a board that, overwhelmingly, rejects empowering evil with our vote.

LOL- I like it

DIGG here

http://digg.com/2008_us_elections/Smack_Down_the_Blood_Suckers

Thanks, it came out good for the small budget.
Perhaps we should make a seperate thread for the digg.
Most people have seen this thread, and probably won't revisist it and thus will miss the digg.