PDA

View Full Version : RP Candidates With Best Shot In Their Races?

beerista
10-02-2008, 09:38 AM
I've got a very small amount of money to donate to the cause (maybe $50 a piece for a couple of candidates) and would like to focus on the most likely to get into office, preferably Congress. I hate having to narrow my choices to those I may have disagreements with but have a greater chance to get in (smacks of "lesser of evils" voting) at the expense of others with whom I agree more, but I have limited funds and no one in my local area that I can do work for rather than send a check. I'm particularly interested in getting RP some company in Congress or Senate.

So tell me, who has a shot? And perhaps provide the link to the polling statistics that show them to be in contention?

Thanks.

ThePieSwindler
10-02-2008, 09:42 AM
Bob Conley in SC is the only one with a legitimate shot. BJ Lawson is a republican trying to unseat a democratic incumbent in a democratic district in a democratic year. Not gonna happen.

beerista
10-02-2008, 10:18 AM
Bob Conley in SC is the only one with a legitimate shot. BJ Lawson is a republican trying to unseat a democratic incumbent in a democratic district in a democratic year. Not gonna happen.

I'm listening to the Southern Avenger interview (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFPem0tksf0&feature=related)with Conley right now. Sounds good. If this is a Dem year as you say, that bodes well for him, and I'd love to see some Ron Paul Democrats to add the perception of balance to Paul's positions. How close is his race?

Too bad if you're right about Lawson; I watched some of his speeches and like him a lot. If he doesn't make it this time, I hope he runs again. A very presentable candidate.

beerista
10-02-2008, 12:23 PM
Any more ideas/facts/figures/opinions on this, anyone? Conley and Lawson seem to be getting the most press around here, but who's actually close in a Congressional race? Or, if there's a site with this info that you can point me to, also appreciated.

Flash
10-02-2008, 12:40 PM
It seems that BJ Lawson and Bob Conley are the only ones that have a chance to win.

Badger Paul
10-02-2008, 12:48 PM
I would rank them as 1). Conley and 2). Lawson. Both are running against bailout supporters and now have issues to use against them.

beerista
10-02-2008, 01:12 PM
I would rank them as 1). Conley and 2). Lawson. Both are running against bailout supporters and now have issues to use against them.

Yeah, I was wondering if and to what extent the bailout vote was going to provide opportunities to the anti-bailout outsiders. Might be one of the few times in election history it will be an advantage to be the non-incumbent. So you think that as of next week "past performance does not necessarily indicate future returns" as far as the polling numbers go?