PDA

View Full Version : How to Win this Election

N13
10-02-2008, 07:33 AM
Obama or McCain could do this:

Announce NOW that you will make Ron Paul your Secretary of Treasury if elected.

Immediately you will gain millions of votes and the support of a powerful grassroots movement.

People will regain trust in the government's ability to handle the crisis at hand.

It would be a game changer.

Ron Paul could negotiate a deal with either campaign and secure some serious power.

IPSecure
10-02-2008, 07:39 AM
I hope all third parties hand over their nominations to Dr. Paul...

(I can hope!!!)

N13
10-02-2008, 07:57 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_LWQQrpSc4

N13
10-02-2008, 08:21 AM
I think RP would if the conditions are right:

1. Abolition of the Fed.

2. End of empire building, from a spending prespective

3. Sound money

Ron Paul could accomplish much more here than he can in congress.

Suppose McCain did approach RP about the position, you know that the Obama camp would take an interest.

Ron Paul could write his own ticket. I'll agree to serve as Secretary of Treasury in your administration as long as the following conditions are met. He can negotiate his own deal for the good of the country.

He has a lot to offer to either campaign. It would be like Pro Basketball when a guy like Tim Duncan is available as a free agent.

Max contract written by player's agent. Take it or leave it.

Chester Copperpot
10-02-2008, 08:23 AM

Immediately you will gain millions of votes and the support of a powerful grassroots movement.

People will regain trust in the government's ability to handle the crisis at hand.

Ron Paul could negotiate a deal with either campaign and secure some serious power.

itll never happen.. either one could have came out strong AGAINST the bailout and grabbed votes too.. but they didnt... the banking interest that gives them money is more powerful to them.

SnappleLlama
10-02-2008, 08:24 AM
It's not going to happen. Neither Obama nor McCain will take steps to abolish the federal reserve.

N13
10-02-2008, 08:33 AM
It's not going to happen. Neither Obama nor McCain will take steps to abolish the federal reserve.

But they will take steps to win the election. The assumption is that neither knows what is going on economically and needs help from an expert who knows what to do.

N13
10-02-2008, 08:36 AM
itll never happen.. either one could have came out strong AGAINST the bailout and grabbed votes too.. but they didnt... the banking interest that gives them money is more powerful to them.

McCain is desperate and will do anything to win the election.

The banking interests cannot give him votes like Ron Paul can. The banking industry cannot provide gressroots support. The banking industry has no solutions for the crisis at hand.

I would change my mind and vote for McCain if I knew Ron Paul would be his Secretary of Treasury.

MelissaCato
10-02-2008, 08:38 AM
I hope all third parties hand over their nominations to Dr. Paul...

(I can hope!!!)

Good idea. McCain and Obama hand them over too.

I can Hope. :D

Carole
10-02-2008, 08:53 AM

Not going to happen.

However, of all the people to be in this powerful position if this bailout passes tomorrow, ONLY Dr. Paul should be in it. He would correct the entire situation and eliminate the bailout silliness.
:D

Chester Copperpot
10-02-2008, 08:58 AM
McCain is desperate and will do anything to win the election.

The banking interests cannot give him votes like Ron Paul can. The banking industry cannot provide gressroots support. The banking industry has no solutions for the crisis at hand.

I would change my mind and vote for McCain if I knew Ron Paul would be his Secretary of Treasury.

I might vote for him to with Ron Paul in the cabinet.. but see, why do you think McCain wont do that??? The same reason he wont vote against the bailout

N13
10-02-2008, 11:29 AM
McCain will do anything to get elected.

cheapseats
10-02-2008, 12:56 PM
Having sealed it in writing, announce unequivocally and categorically that you will not seek a second term.

Otherwise, the campaign for re-election begins on Day Two...with all the mincing, slicing, dicing and dissembling of words...all the waffling and equivocating and sidestepping of action.

I also believe that the American People have cause aplenty to appeal to the courts for inclusion of a November alternative to these candidates who have continued their extraordinarily wasteful and weirdly cheerful parade of self-promotion while the Administration and the Congress and the Media purposefully scare the bejeezus out of the electorate.

I have been out several times since Monday last. NOTHING seems out of the ordinary, once you get past the reality that things were ALREADY shitty. I have witnessed NOTHING that corroborates their Hysteria. NO ONE with whom I have spoken expresses experience of the dire circumstances of which we are repeatedly warned.

There will NOT suddenly be some nationwide non-payment of wages. The people would swoop in, slit their throats and steal their Stuff. They'll print money, like they usually do.

What lay people are aware of when the Fed prints money?

Prices will be higher? Some businesses will close?

Adjustment, correction, bailout, RESCUE...call it what you will...it is in answer to Problems. It speaks to overvaluation of crap and misallocation of resources, for starters. If you prop up Problems, you'll keep your Problems. If you let the Problems play out to organic correction, there'll be other problems along the way.

America still imagines that life can be rendered consequence-free, with NO ONE taking the hit. Everyone at the poker table can't win. Every football game can't be a tie.

Who takes the hit on this?

Why the People?

It is outrageous.

B-b-but some People will lose their jobs. That's right. But some people are ALREADY losing jobs. Others are ALREADY out of work. We need to create new work, not prop up marginal businesses.