PDA

View Full Version : Time to push for Recall Legislation

caseymcc
10-02-2008, 06:47 AM
I think it is now time to push all of our current legislatures for recall provisions on all congressional seats. I was amazed to find out that no state has the authority to recall any of its elected federal representatives. I say we flood the House and the Senate with a demand for recall legislation and once we have it then use it. Lets remind this government who this country is for.

This is not a request to start a recall, this is a request to get legislation enacted to allow for recall. Recall should be a basic right of every state (and therefore the people) to respond to failures of its' representation. If congress can halt everything it is doing to devise and vote on a bailout plan, then it can do the same to respond to an overwhelming public demand for a recall process and that is what this request is for.

freelance
10-02-2008, 07:20 AM
The election is the only recall for Congresscritters. Federal legislators can only be impeached.

Sandra
10-02-2008, 07:41 AM
Some of those idiots will be reelected. Diebold, remember? Threaten recall.

MsDoodahs
10-02-2008, 08:03 AM
There is no way TO recall.

freelance
10-02-2008, 08:08 AM
Practically speaking, the elections are the only recall for members of the House. There's no time to impeach them, and the chances of that EVER happening are slim to none.

Sandra
10-02-2008, 08:53 AM
This is just a paper from Lugar's website, but this has never been attempted and never brought before a court. It's a shame because recall is actually a nonviolent approach to the alternative.

http://lugar.senate.gov/services/pdf_crs/Recall_of_Legislators_and_the_Removal_of_Members_o f_Congress_from_Office.pdf

freelance
10-02-2008, 08:56 AM
This is just a paper from Lugar's website, but this has never been attempted and never brought before a court. It's a shame because recall is actually a nonviolent approach to the alternative.

http://lugar.senate.gov/services/pdf_crs/Recall_of_Legislators_and_the_Removal_of_Members_o f_Congress_from_Office.pdf

As to removal by recall, the United States Constitution does not provide for nor
authorize the recall of United States officers such as Senators, Representatives, or the
President or Vice President, and thus no Member of Congress has ever been recalled
in the history of the United States. The recall of Members was considered during the

This is from the paper.

tonesforjonesbones
10-02-2008, 09:03 AM
We tried to recall sen. mel martinez a couple of years ago because he kept sponsoring that amnesty bill...the guy that started it had a website and it was doing really well...then it just disappeared. I wonder if he was threatened? T.

Sandra
10-02-2008, 09:09 AM
This is from the paper.

There is no language in the Constitution either way. It would have to go before either the SCOTUS or Federal Judicial system to decide.