PDA

View Full Version : How McCain can WIN: Ask Ron Paul to be his TREASURY SECRETARY.

wgadget
10-02-2008, 06:15 AM
Well?

:D

wgadget
10-02-2008, 06:21 AM
News is that McCain is slipping in the polls dreadfully.

And that the ECONOMY is his main problem.

Any chance that he would even consider asking the only guy up there that seems to understand the economy to be his TS? Especially knowing that he has quite the following?

Any chance that McCain would do it if only to save himself from utter destruction in the election?

RJB
10-02-2008, 06:23 AM
McCain can go to hell! He voted yes last night!

Obama and Biden can go too!

wgadget
10-02-2008, 06:25 AM
And undoubtedly they will.

Well, how about this question: IF McCain did ask him to be his TS, would RP take it?

freelance
10-02-2008, 06:26 AM
Well?

Never happen. Cabinet members serve at the "pleasure" of the President. John McCain would order RP to do things that go totally against his grain. He wouldn't last as long as O'Neill did at the beginning of this administration.

Cabinet members are chosen because they will execute the President's programs.

kahless
10-02-2008, 06:27 AM
Even if he made Ron Paul VP I still would not vote for that pro-bailout neocon.

RJB
10-02-2008, 06:32 AM
IF McCain did ask him to be his TS, would RP take it?

That's like asking if Ron Paul had chance to jump off a boat into the Mariana Trench in the Pacific Ocean with a millstone tied around his neck, would he take it?

For McCain that would be like Lucifer putting Micheal the Archangel incharge of his demonic legions.

Sorry for the meledrama, but just when you think the country is screwed enough, the Senate pulls that crap last night!

Truth Warrior
10-02-2008, 06:33 AM
My SWAG, Ron would politely refuse the invitation. ;)

Besides I seriously doubt that Ron could even make it through the Congressional confirmation hearings. :D

micahnelson
10-02-2008, 06:42 AM
Well, since he has the ability to buy and sell whatever he wants when this bailout passes, the Tres. Sec is a pretty powerful man.

Id like him to take it, buy all the debt held by the fed and then refuse to sell any more treasuries to the Federal Reserve.

dirknb@hotmail.com
10-02-2008, 06:45 AM
Won't ever happen. You forget that the ones who are profiting from how fucked up things are for the rest of us own McCain.

N13
10-02-2008, 07:01 AM
Obama could also do this. I agree with Ron Paul for Treasury Secretary FTW!!!111111

kahless
10-02-2008, 07:04 AM
Obama could also do this. I agree with Ron Paul for Treasury Secretary FTW!!!111111

Same thing. I do not care if Obama made Ron VP, I would still never vote for that pro-bailout money grubbing Communist.

Truth Warrior
10-02-2008, 10:19 AM
Well, since he has the ability to buy and sell whatever he wants when this bailout passes, the Tres. Sec is a pretty powerful man.

Id like him to take it, buy all the debt held by the fed and then refuse to sell any more treasuries to the Federal Reserve. And then POTUS McCain would simply fire him. :rolleyes:

Mattsa
10-02-2008, 10:51 AM
Well?

Didn't someone start exactly the same thread a week or so ago?

Ron Paul isn't gonna cut any deals with McWar so forget it.

As Ron Paul pointed out in a recent interview, he wouldn't support any candidate who makes jokes about bombing other countries.

This was in response to McWar's BOMB BOMB BOMB....BOMB BOMB IRAN joke referencing the old Beach Boys song Barbara Ann.

McWar is a fascist imbecile, a gazillion miles away from the peace and liberty ideas of Ron Paul

ConstitutionGal
10-02-2008, 10:59 AM
Well?

Seeing as how Chuck Baldwin (Constitution Party nominee - Baldwin2008.com ) has already put out a press release saying that should he get elected, he was plannning to appoint Dr. Paul to that same position, I can only hope that it will ensure a Baldwin/Castle win!! :D:eek:

IHaveaDream
10-02-2008, 11:31 AM
Let's think through this scenario:

1. John McCain appoints Ron Paul to be Secretary of the Treasury.

2. Ron Paul tells McCain that the only hope for our economy is to bring ALL the troops home, slash military spending, and quit trying to police the world.

3. Upon hearing this statement, John McCain clutches his heart and croaks.

4. Sarah Palin immediately and unexpectedly becomes the new POTUS.

5. Ron Paul repeats his statement to Sarah Palin.

6. Sarah Palin pauses...thinks...stares...thinks some more...and then fires Ron Paul and replaces him with Chuck Norris because, in her words, "he has a cute butt and knows a lot of cool Judo stuff".

SnappleLlama
10-02-2008, 11:44 AM
Let's think through this scenario:

1. John McCain appoints Ron Paul to be Secretary of the Treasury.

2. Ron Paul tells McCain that the only hope for our economy is to bring ALL the troops home, slash military spending, and quit trying to police the world.

3. Upon hearing this statement, John McCain clutches his heart and croaks.

4. Sarah Palin immediately and unexpectedly becomes the new POTUS.

5. Ron Paul repeats his statement to Sarah Palin.

6. Sarah Palin pauses...thinks...stares...thinks some more...and then fires Ron Paul and replaces him with Chuck Norris because, in her words, "he has a cute butt and knows a lot of cool Judo stuff".

But she reads all the major newspapers! LOL!!! :D

Thomas_Paine
10-02-2008, 11:47 AM
Well?

Regardless, Ron Paul WILL NOT ENDORSE MCCAIN unless he changed his tune about EVERYTHING, That will never happen.