PDA

View Full Version : Faux News Tactics Backfire, Ron Paul Steals the Night

Madison
09-05-2007, 11:02 PM
(Revised: 7:53 AM EST 9/6)

Fox News did the following in order to try to hurt Ron Paul:

- Accompanied RP's talking with laughing in the background - wherever it was coming from it was loud and obvoius and they let it go on...

- Moderators mocked him in some instances (i.e. Wallace asks if RP would act according to the will of foreign enemies, rather than politely asking for him to clarify his position).

- After it is first reported that Ron Paul is dominating the text message poll, they display the results of a test that measures the knee-jerk reactions of a random (?) selection of people, and try to legitimize it by using it as evidence that Huckabee "won" their argument, and RP "lost".

- Hannity refused to accept the legitimacy of the text message poll results all night long.

- RP had minimal airtime, most of which was reserved for The Annointed 3™, although the second half wasn't as bad (probably by design, to get away with giving him nothing for the first half of the debate)

Despite all this, Ron Paul beat them all:

- Stayed patient throughout the debate, and despite having minimal time to speak, takes advantage of every moment with great answers.

- Recovers from Chris Wallace's direct accusation that RP would "follow the marching orders of Al Qaeda", counters that he would merely follow the Constitution, and still gets loud applause. (edit: and he lives up to his name, Dr. NO...)

- Hannity interviews him and asks a question based on factually inaccurate premise (mainly by omission of relevant facts) RP tells him plainly "your history is all screwed up", briefly goes into the late 90's saga when Clinton kicked out UN inspectors and proceeded with bombings, but realizes he is talking to an empty suit and gives his attention to Colmes, the more sane of the two Fox News employees. For the first time (that I've seen) an interviewee of Hannity properly deals with his ignorance and puts him in his place.

- Resoundingly wins the text message poll, scoring more than double the number of votes as his runner-up (Huckabee)...still, no credit is given

Attention neocons/neolibs/neonubs: you've been exposed as frauds, and your tactics are transparent. You WILL lose. American sovereignty and liberty WILL prevail.

That said, I think tonight will turn out to be a huge turning point for Ron Paul (as was the case with the last Faux News debate with the RP/Ghouliani confrontation). I don't want to get overconfident, but I feel good right now.

Fox clearly went after RP. I think they may have been trying to make him snap and look bad, and perhaps RP was aware of that. This is more proof that Fox totally blows and you can do your part by simply not watching it or going to their website.

The one saving grace of all this is that Ron Paul was honestly reported as the winner of the poll, which is all we needed for a little boost to help us out.

Tonight's final scorecard:

RP: 1
Fox: 0
The 3™: 0

CJLauderdale4
09-05-2007, 11:04 PM
We need a headline for tomorrow morning like this:

"FoxNews' Chris Wallace equate following Constitution to following Al-Qaeda"

RevolutionSD
09-05-2007, 11:05 PM
Here's what Faux News did to try to hurt Ron Paul:

- Left Mitt Romney's microphone on whenever Paul spoke, so he could loudly laugh every time RP was talking.

- Moderators mocked him in some instances (i.e. Wallace asks if RP would act according to the will of foreign enemies, rather than politely asking for him to clarify his position).

- After we see Ron Paul dominating the text message poll, they pull out a decibel meter to "prove" Huckabee won the argument since he arguably had louder audience applause (as if the applause volume of one crowd means more than a nationwide poll.)

- Hannity refused to accept the legitimacy of the text message poll results.

- Gave him minimal airtime, although the second half was better than the first half.

Despite all this, Ron Paul stole the show:

- Stays patient throughout the debate, and despite having minimal time to speak takes advantage of every moment with great answers.

- Loudly yells "NO" to Chris Wallace's ridiculous insinuation that Ron Paul's foreign policy would be to do whatever our enemies, or so-called enemies, wanted us to do. He was put in his place nicely.

- Hannity interviews him and asks a question based on factually inaccurate premise - RP's response: "Your history is all screwed up." - turns his head and answers Alan's question. This is the first time I've seen an interviewee of Hannity properly deal with his ignorance.

- Resoundingly wins the text message poll, scoring more than double the number of votes as his runner-up (Huckabee).

Attention neocons/neolibs/neonubs: you've been exposed as frauds, and your tactics are transparent. You WILL lose. American sovereignty and liberty WILL prevail.

That said, I think tonight will turn out to be a huge turning point for Ron Paul (as was the case with the last Faux News debate with the RP/Ghouliani confrontation). I don't want to get overconfident, but I feel good right now.

Excellent summary and points.

BuddyRey
09-05-2007, 11:15 PM

- Left Mitt Romney's microphone on whenever Paul spoke, so he could loudly laugh every time RP was talking.

- After we see Ron Paul dominating the text message poll, they pull out a decibel meter to "prove" Huckabee won the argument since he arguably had louder audience applause (as if the applause volume of one crowd means more than a nationwide poll.)

- Gave him minimal airtime, although the second half was better than the first half.

- Stays patient throughout the debate, and despite having minimal time to speak takes advantage of every moment with great answers.

- Loudly yells "NO" to Chris Wallace's ridiculous insinuation that Ron Paul's foreign policy would be to do whatever our enemies, or so-called enemies, wanted us to do. He was put in his place nicely.

- Hannity interviews him and asks a question based on factually inaccurate premise - RP's response: "Your history is all screwed up." - turns his head and answers Alan's question. This is the first time I've seen an interviewee of Hannity properly deal with his ignorance.

- Resoundingly wins the text message poll, scoring more than double the number of votes as his runner-up (Huckabee).

Absolutely, amen and ditto! But, and please excuse my ignorance, what is a "neonub"? it sounds like a very dire medical condition!!! :eek:

slantedview
09-05-2007, 11:19 PM
w00t1!!!!

Giuliani was there on 911
09-05-2007, 11:19 PM
So Romney was the one laughing ?

AdamT
09-05-2007, 11:20 PM

Couldn't have said any better myself.

kaligula
09-05-2007, 11:20 PM
I believe it was Rudy who was doing the giggling...

Swmorgan77
09-05-2007, 11:21 PM
Absolutely, amen and ditto! But, and please excuse my ignorance, what is a "neonub"? it sounds like a very dire medical condition!!! :eek:

LOL, Neo-noob haha

Nub/Noob: Video game reference, refers to a clueless newcomer.

devil21
09-05-2007, 11:22 PM
Both Rudy and Mitt giggled at different times.

CurtisLow
09-05-2007, 11:22 PM
Right on!

Left Mitt Romney's microphone on whenever Paul spoke, so he could loudly laugh every time RP was talking.

I thought that was Rudy doing that?

james1906
09-05-2007, 11:28 PM

The reason for the laughing was because Rudy's pantyhose were riding up. For Mitt, his hairspray was tingling.

Slugg
09-05-2007, 11:33 PM
The reason for the laughing was because Rudy's pantyhose were riding up. For Mitt, his hairspray was tingling.

I thought they were touching feet and 'propositioning' each other....they thought they were in a bathroom stall.

dircha
09-05-2007, 11:35 PM
Yes, the moderator actually interrupted Paul's response and said, in more or less these words: "So you're saying we should take our marching orders from Al-Qaeda? If Al-Qaeda wants us to leave we should leave?"

I know the American people can't seem to muster the capacity for understanding nuance, but I'd like to think a "professional newsman" ought to do better than frame the candidate's answer as a strawman that is a mockery of his position.

Like I say, the faux news moderator could have just as well asked, "So have you stopped beating your wife?"

And then to top it off the moderators chuckle in their mics at Ron Paul's expense while the crowd boos.

SICK

Madison
09-05-2007, 11:43 PM
I thought they were touching feet and 'propositioning' each other....they thought they were in a bathroom stall.

That sounds about right. Let that be a correction to my original post.

I know the American people can't seem to muster the capacity for understanding nuance, but I'd like to think a "professional newsman" ought to do better than frame the candidate's answer as a strawman that is a mockery of his position.

Like I say, the faux news moderator could have just as well asked, "So have you stopped beating your wife?"

Well said. The good news however is that this and everything else they did completely backfired, so I say, to quote the great King George, bring it on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=herUw6FX4MI

tnvoter
09-05-2007, 11:51 PM

Great post, we just have to keep the donations coming and spreading the word.

Only 3 month's left!

Matt Collins
09-05-2007, 11:53 PM
No - that wasn't a dB meter. That was a focus group with moderates and conservatives. The membes of the focus group had a knob tied into the computer and when they heard something they liked they turned the knob one way, and if they heard something they didn't like they would turn the knob the other way.

austinphish
09-06-2007, 12:27 AM
No - that wasn't a dB meter. That was a focus group with moderates and conservatives. The membes of the focus group had a knob tied into the computer and when they heard something they liked they turned the knob one way, and if they heard something they didn't like they would turn the knob the other way.

also u can see it went up 4 Ron Paul at the end, but they cut it off. Ron Paul ends that exchange w/ Huckabee with a winning conclusion: "How many American lives are we willing to loose to try and save face?"

LibertyEagle
09-06-2007, 12:27 AM

God, I wish we had a video of that.

rjl
09-06-2007, 12:33 AM
Another obvious dig at RP was that dipshit "political analyst" with his dumbass graph of the Paul-Huckabee exchange. Notice the little pecker's choice of words--"Huckabee is the winner. Ron Paul is the loser." Fox gave it their all, but RP put the hurt on the chickenhawks, especially that little bitch Sean Hannity.

john_anderson_ii
09-06-2007, 12:36 AM
If Ron Paul keeps confronting these neocons in 'heated exchanges' he WILL get more airtime. Faux is going to have to choose between their agenda and "good T.V." Their agenda is important, but good T.V. equals ratings, which equals profits.

Did anyone notice that Hannity was actually more civil tonight? Between Ron and Hannity, Ron clearly won that debate, and Hannity knew it.

Bryan
09-06-2007, 01:27 AM
Excellent analysis to the OP.

I just love this "photo" that Fox is running on their debate coverage page:
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,295846,00.html

http://www.foxnews.com/images/307281/0_62_GOP_Debate320.gif

Geez- an obvious composite to get the result they want?

Mesogen
09-06-2007, 01:28 AM
Another obvious dig at RP was that dipshit "political analyst" with his dumbass graph of the Paul-Huckabee exchange. Notice the little pecker's choice of words--"Huckabee is the winner. Ron Paul is the loser." Fox gave it their all, but RP put the hurt on the chickenhawks, especially that little bitch Sean Hannity.

If Fox News reported The Mohammed Ali - Sonny Liston fight.

http://xs219.xs.to/xs219/07364/muhammed_ali_sonny_liston_l.jpg

BuddyRey
09-06-2007, 01:31 AM

Wowie-zowie, I didn't know neocons came in orange peel! Those are going to be so in this season!

leipo
09-06-2007, 01:36 AM
What about Greta wanting to ask Ron how he felt about the amount of coverage each was given and specifically about how he had to wait for 35 minutes before he was allowed to speak. And then suddenly there was a technical problem, so no interview and they never got back to it. That was so lame! Does anybody have a clip of that on youtube?

fj45lvr
09-06-2007, 01:39 AM
Fox must think differently: they replayed it 2 times in a row now.....if they thought Paul had kicked ass and taken names they would have played the "Factor" or something else.

james1906
09-06-2007, 01:39 AM

They look like wax museum statues.

leipo
09-06-2007, 01:42 AM
Wowie-zowie, I didn't know neocons came in orange peel! Those are going to be so in this season!

Haha. Believe it or not but the orange tan is really a new trend in some parts of the world. Freaky..

http://www.hotchickswithdouchebags.com/uploaded_images/DB9002-785923.jpg

fj45lvr
Did anyone notice that Hannity was actually more civil tonight? Between Ron and Hannity, Ron clearly won that debate, and Hannity knew it.

I don't see it that way at all.......Hannity was just content that the folks had clapped over him and probably thought elmininating the CIA and FBI were enough rope.....so being casual and "cool" was just ignoring him....the "nut job" they all think he is to allow another wholesale slaughter of the poor Iraqi's.

Paulitician
Wow... that's disgusting.

hard@work
09-06-2007, 02:31 AM
What about Greta wanting to ask Ron how he felt about the amount of coverage each was given and specifically about how he had to wait for 35 minutes before he was allowed to speak. And then suddenly there was a technical problem, so no interview and they never got back to it. That was so lame! Does anybody have a clip of that on youtube?

^---

Someone get this?!?

Kuldebar
09-06-2007, 02:34 AM

I'd love to see that, lol.

Per the account I read, the debate started at 9:30 PM and the first question to Paul was at 9:31 PM.

hard@work
09-06-2007, 02:48 AM
I'd love to see that, lol.

Per the account I read, the debate started at 9:30 PM and the first question to Paul was at 9:31 PM.

It was 30 minutes or so before they got to him again, they did not just "not get to him" they clearly avoided him and fielded multiple questions letting him sit there on issues he is very strong in. Then they hit him on 9/11, then the war.

It was blatantly obvious, and I have a hunch that it just may cement the faux bias and cause a wee bit o drama.

leipo
09-06-2007, 03:03 AM
It was 30 minutes or so before they got to him again, they did not just "not get to him" they clearly avoided him and fielded multiple questions letting him sit there on issues he is very strong in. Then they hit him on 9/11, then the war.

It was blatantly obvious, and I have a hunch that it just may cement the faux bias and cause a wee bit o drama.

Oh yeah, i meant got back to him. Anyway it was right after the debate finished so someone surely has it taped.

john_anderson_ii
09-06-2007, 03:10 AM
Seriously, when the "switched the topic" to taxes and spending.....why was the first question not directed at RP?

There is no excuse for that.

PaleoForPaul
09-06-2007, 04:33 AM
are you sure it was mitt/rudy who were laughing? If you look behind the moderators there was an old women. I was pretty sure the fat guy with her was the one laughing and the moderators mic was the one picking it up. I could be wrong though, I'll have to re-watch the videos.

catwoman
09-06-2007, 05:48 AM
I thought it was Wallace, Hume and Goller who were laughing. In fact, one time I actually saw Wallace laughing.

Madison
09-06-2007, 06:08 AM
I thought it was Wallace, Hume and Goller who were laughing. In fact, one time I actually saw Wallace laughing.

Maybe it was all 5 of them taking turns...trying to piss off RP.

I updated my original post: it is now less boring and more factually accurate.

drsubrotoroy
09-06-2007, 06:29 AM
Watching Dr Paul in the latest debate, he seemed to me clear-headed, coherent and passionate. He is mastering the art of listening for inconsistencies and rhetorical traps in the question itself, which is how the mainstream media on TV tends to define the nature of political debate. When he found that happening, he said something like “The question you should be asking is….” That way, he kept control of his own agenda and did not allow others to define him the way they may wish to.

SR
Kolkata, India
first published
www.indiansandpakistanisforronpaul.wordpress.com

ladyliberty
09-06-2007, 06:48 AM

They tried their best to make Ron Paul look like a FOOL but this is what they made themselves look like:

http://www.tvcrazy.net/tvclassics/articles/stooges/images/three-stooges.jpg

Jackasses!

themanhere
09-06-2007, 06:55 AM
I still cant believe that they didn't ask Mccain any tough questions and im pretty sure he got the most air time. PLUS he's not even top tier anymore. It was like watching a rehearsed play. The whole thing was a mccain love fest.

EvilEngineer
09-06-2007, 06:58 AM
Seriously, McCain's numbers have sucked and his campaign finances have been pitiful. This was just an attempt to put more air back into his sail, too bad it did nothing but help Ron Paul.

sunny
09-06-2007, 09:27 AM

- Accompanied RP's talking with laughing in the background - wherever it was coming from it was loud and obvoius and they let it go on...

- After it is first reported that Ron Paul is dominating the text message poll, they display the results of a test that measures the knee-jerk reactions of a random (?) selection of people, and try to legitimize it by using it as evidence that Huckabee "won" their argument, and RP "lost".

- Hannity refused to accept the legitimacy of the text message poll results all night long.

- RP had minimal airtime, most of which was reserved for The Annointed 3™, although the second half wasn't as bad (probably by design, to get away with giving him nothing for the first half of the debate)

Despite all this, Ron Paul beat them all:

- Stayed patient throughout the debate, and despite having minimal time to speak, takes advantage of every moment with great answers.

- Recovers from Chris Wallace's direct accusation that RP would "follow the marching orders of Al Qaeda", counters that he would merely follow the Constitution, and still gets loud applause. (edit: and he lives up to his name, Dr. NO...)

- Hannity interviews him and asks a question based on factually inaccurate premise (mainly by omission of relevant facts) RP tells him plainly "your history is all screwed up", briefly goes into the late 90's saga when Clinton kicked out UN inspectors and proceeded with bombings, but realizes he is talking to an empty suit and gives his attention to Colmes, the more sane of the two Fox News employees. For the first time (that I've seen) an interviewee of Hannity properly deals with his ignorance and puts him in his place.

- Resoundingly wins the text message poll, scoring more than double the number of votes as his runner-up (Huckabee)...still, no credit is given

Fox clearly went after RP. I think they may have been trying to make him snap and look bad, and perhaps RP was aware of that. This is more proof that Fox totally blows and you can do your part by simply not watching it or going to their website.

The one saving grace of all this is that Ron Paul was honestly reported as the winner of the poll, which is all we needed for a little boost to help us out.

well said madison, my hats off to you!

Daveforliberty
09-06-2007, 09:59 AM
Was that Faux news trying to recussitate John McCain, or was that just a big, sloppy, open-mouthed kiss?

RFTBunny
09-06-2007, 11:24 AM
it was all funny last night .. i voted ... and then sean hannity started complaining that i voted 200 times lol.. i didn't know i could even vote twice...besides, why would i want to fake it.. there really is a lot of growing ron paul support out there...

i liked when they twisted his quote and his words and he picked up his pen and pointed at wallace... and just said NO ... lol that was priceless ... and everyone applauded... as for huckabee .. that was fox smear and his arguement was based on an idea... not the rule of law ( US Const)

BlCkDeAtH
09-06-2007, 12:20 PM
are you sure it was mitt/rudy who were laughing? If you look behind the moderators there was an old women. I was pretty sure the fat guy with her was the one laughing and the moderators mic was the one picking it up. I could be wrong though, I'll have to re-watch the videos.

I think it was the fat guy too. But you know whats interesting, he started clapping for Ron after the Huckabee confrontation.

angelatc
09-06-2007, 12:34 PM

Hillary Clinton was inside the podiums....

BuckeyeDad
09-06-2007, 12:54 PM
I think it was the fat guy too. But you know whats interesting, he started clapping for Ron after the Huckabee confrontation.

The person laughing when RP was posed with the hypothetical Iran question was a candidate. Watch as Hume says "What do you do... Congressman Paul." He looks up at RP and then you hear the laughing. As soon as the laughing starts, Hume 's eyes shift to his right, or RP's left. He was looking at whoever was laughing (it wasn't Tancredo as he was on RP's right).

pokerkid
09-06-2007, 01:18 PM

check this short clip out...
9-5-7 New Hampshire Debate, FOX NEWS LIED
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eUxQadgSkoA

-plays and shows CFAR video of ours

peace paul from poker face
http://www.pokerface.com Main Poker Face site
http://www.myspace.com/pokerfacemusic Bands MySpace site

alaric
09-06-2007, 01:22 PM
hey, don't insult the 3 stooges like that. comparing them to those 3 zeros? nah, i'll take the 3 stooges anyday!:D

Benhogan
09-06-2007, 02:14 PM
Obviously there is no limit to the depth faux news will go to discredit RP. The snickering, and the condesending manner in which questions were asked. Lower than low. Also the Huckster's "one nation under God" comment showed such a lack of intelligence.
I am dissapointed most, however, in the american sheeple for actually believing these a-holes.
(Sean Hannity should be put out to pasture along with all the rest of the faux news party hacks).
Above it all, the Good Doctor schooled the lot of them, as usual. The truth does have a certain ring to it, and anyone with half a soul would have heard that last night.

NH4RonPaul
09-06-2007, 07:44 PM
You think this all was bad? Wait until I write about the nastiness and ridicule at the focus group I attended.

I am waiting to see if any of my comments will get aired on H & C right now on FOX but I doubt it.

I was just about told I would be edited out...and I'm sure it's because the pollster found out I was a Paul supporter.

He aired instead the blonde airhead I was sitting next to after he moved her to the front.

walt
09-07-2007, 12:31 AM
Yahoo! has pulled this story now (or they've removed it from this page) - this is bullshit - time to give Yahoo! some hell.

cujothekitten
09-07-2007, 01:23 AM
We need a headline for tomorrow morning like this:

"FoxNews' Chris Wallace equate following Constitution to following Al-Qaeda"

Or, "Chris Wallace thinks 75% of the population are taking orders from al qaeda"

JosephTheLibertarian
09-07-2007, 01:25 AM
I always found Chris Wallace to be profoundly annoying... irritating face, annoying voice :P

bumbledraven
09-08-2007, 02:00 PM
I still cant believe that they didn't ask Mccain any tough questions and im pretty sure he got the most air time..

What are you talking about? The moderators SLAMMED McCain for not taking the pledge not to raise marginal tax rates. And when he said he "stood on his record" and praised the recent tax cuts, they pointed out sharply that he had voted against them! He was very flustered and simply repeated that he "stood on his record".

bumbledraven
09-08-2007, 02:05 PM
Wallace asks if RP would act according to the will of foreign enemies).

Dude, that's politics/show business. I was in the audience at the Whitemore Center, and Wallace got a lot of applause for his question to Paul about taking our marching orders from Al Qaeda. (But not nearly as much applause as Paul's response about taking our marching orders from the Constitution.) It's the moderators' job to ask pointed questions that already are on the minds of people in the audience, and, for the most part, they did a good job at this. I'm glad they gave Paul a chance to respond to this during the debate. Personally, I think Paul is at his best when responding to tough/biased questions, so I say, bring 'em on!