PDA

View Full Version : You sir are on notice

kathy88
10-02-2008, 04:54 AM
Just emailed this to my Congressman. John Peterson, 5th distict, PA.

I watched with dismay last night while Senator after Senator spoke on behalf of the "bailout" amendment which overwhelmingly passed by a vote of 74 to 25.

These men and women (mostly) when given their opportunity to speak before the vote concurred on one very frightening theme. They said that they were getting a plethera of mail, email and phone calls against this action, yet they were voting yes anyway, because the American people "don't understand" the gravity of the situation, and that there will be no availaiblity to credit if this doesn't go through immediately. Therefore, against our constituents wishes, we are voting yes anyway because the American people are stupid and we are smart.

Myself and hundreds of thousands of others resent being called stupid and told that our opinion does not matter. You are elected officials voted in by us to vote accoring to our wishes. Thisis ignored time and time again, and I want to place you on official notice that you and everyone else who voted for this bill first round and next have just committed political suicide.

We are not going to take it anymore and have sworn political activism against anyone voting for this bill. I swear with my last breath that I will work tirelessly from now until you are up for re-election to remind anyone within screaming distance that you and your pals sold us down the river in the interest of centralized, socialized, nationalized banking and big business' interests over ours.

Enjoy the rest of your term. It will be your last. Game on.

mitty
10-02-2008, 05:14 AM
too bad the asshole that will replace him is just as bad

jabrownie
10-02-2008, 07:05 AM
Which is why we must take over the party so that the people being chosen to run and get the party endorsement are actually decent.

JosephTheLibertarian
10-02-2008, 07:07 AM
Just emailed this to my Congressman. John Peterson, 5th distict, PA.

I watched with dismay last night while Senator after Senator spoke on behalf of the "bailout" amendment which overwhelmingly passed by a vote of 74 to 25.

These men and women (mostly) when given their opportunity to speak before the vote concurred on one very frightening theme. They said that they were getting a plethera of mail, email and phone calls against this action, yet they were voting yes anyway, because the American people "don't understand" the gravity of the situation, and that there will be no availaiblity to credit if this doesn't go through immediately. Therefore, against our constituents wishes, we are voting yes anyway because the American people are stupid and we are smart.

Myself and hundreds of thousands of others resent being called stupid and told that our opinion does not matter. You are elected officials voted in by us to vote accoring to our wishes. Thisis ignored time and time again, and I want to place you on official notice that you and everyone else who voted for this bill first round and next have just committed political suicide.

We are not going to take it anymore and have sworn political activism against anyone voting for this bill. I swear with my last breath that I will work tirelessly from now until you are up for re-election to remind anyone within screaming distance that you and your pals sold us down the river in the interest of centralized, socialized, nationalized banking and big business' interests over ours.

Enjoy the rest of your term. It will be your last. Game on.

demcracy sucks, doesn't it? call it a republic all you want, it is what it is.

Truth Warrior
10-02-2008, 07:08 AM
The Difference between Democrats and Republicans
http://differencebetweendemocratsandrepublicans.com/

An accurate, quick and easy read.<IMHO>

freelance
10-02-2008, 07:16 AM
Nice letter.

freelance
10-02-2008, 07:17 AM
too bad the asshole that will replace him is just as bad

Doesn't matter. Let them know that we voted them in and we can vote them out. Seems that's about the only message that we can send this time.