PDA

View Full Version : ...& the winner of the debate is....

phoenixrising
10-02-2008, 12:26 AM
Ohhhh this is about to get a lot more interesting!!

====================

Demand that Gwen Ifill be fired as the moderator of the Vice Presidential debate!

Dear Fellow American:

The mainstream (liberal) media’s smear campaign against Governor Sarah Palin has been one of the ugliest chapters in the history of modern witch hunts.

Well, it has just become uglier—just when you probably thought that was impossible.

It turns out that the “moderator” of the Thursday, October 2 vice presidential debate—PBS anchor Gwen Ifill—has a clear conflict of interest.

Ms. Ifill is the author of a forthcoming book celebrating the politics and career of Senator Barack Obama. Her book is titled The Breakthrough: Politics and Race in the Age of Obama, and is scheduled to be published on Inauguration Day—January 20, 2009. She obviously has both an ideological and a financial interest in the success of the Obama-Biden campaign, one of the parties to this debate. If that isn’t a clear conflict of interest, I don’t know what would be.

This serious conflict of interest was not disclosed beforehand to Senator John McCain or to his vice presidential running mate, Governor Sarah Palin. In the words of attorney and TV host Greta Van Susteren, they “should have been told before the campaign agreed to have her moderate. It simply is not fair—in law, this would create a mistrial.”

The American people deserve an honest and transparent moderation of this debate. Please join me in demanding that the Commission on Presidential Debates fire her and replace her with an impartial host. Click here (http://conservativehq.com/active-petitions/fire-gwen-ifill/) for the petition.

Sincerely,

Richard A. Viguerie
9625 Surveyor Court, Suite 400
Manassas, VA 20110
rav@conservativesbetrayed.com (http://webmail.maui.net/email/scripts/rav@conservativesbetrayed.com)

Alawn
10-02-2008, 12:39 AM
I don't like Palin but I agree. She shouldn't be the moderator. They don't even try to be impartial anymore. Of course that was very clear in the primary debates as well.

nodope0695
10-02-2008, 12:52 AM
Be realistic, dude...there is no such thing as a fair debate anymore...its all theatre...dog and pony show bullshit, IMHO.

You could get Jimmy Carter to moderate, and it would still be rigged.

You could get some sheeple off the street to moderate, and the network would still find a way of slanting it in favor of their man Obama.

Besides, I dont think Palin is qualified for the job anyway, and any effort I made to help her would be pure hypocracy on my part since I have vowed to NEVER vote for McShame (on this very forum in fact).

That was a vow I was deadly serious about, and one in which I will follow through on. Doing anything to help Palin or McCain is completely out of the question.

I am going to watch that debate tomorrow expecting nothing less than pure political theatre, orchestrated by the Ruling Elite owned CNN.

Fuck Palin, Fuck McCain, Fuck Obama, Fuck Biden...there are far more important things to worry about than a meaningless debate...like the BAILOUT vote that is to take place in the House on Friday. Quit fretting about the Moose Killer and start emailing and calling your Reps to tell them to vote no.