PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul Missed Golden Opportunity

max
09-05-2007, 10:53 PM
The fact that RP has received more military donations than ANY other candidate (Dem or GOP)...is HUGE!!!

He should have mentioned that when he spoke of his opposition to war. something like:

"There is a reason why my campaign has received more donations from the military men than any other candidate...the troops know they've been lied to and they want to come home!"

He needs to play up his popularity with the military big time...it will totally nuetralize the chicken-hawk "support the troops" line..

RP really need to play on this...I use this line on people all the time and it's a huge eye-opener

CJLauderdale4
09-05-2007, 10:55 PM
True. That would've been great to throw at Huckabee:

"You know, if I'm so wrong, why am I getting the most money from the military??"

Uh-oh...

wgadget
09-05-2007, 10:57 PM
He's too humble to say something like that....But no worry...People by the thousands will be looking up "ron paul" on Google tomorrow and will find out themselves.

Vvick727
oh man, thats true. that and, lots of people have been saying this, but when huckabee said that thing about honor, Dr Paul should've said something along the lines of:

"Is your and all these other candidates' honor worth the lives, blood, and money of Americans?"

that, and when hannity said something about strengthening the military, Dr Paul should've said he wanted to, but not to use them aggressively.

otherwise, i think he did awesome. it's probably incredibly hard to contemplate the best answer under these circumstances.

cjhowe
I like the "cause worthy of their sacrifice" argument.

axiomata
he should have also brought up his point from his "declare victory and go home" essay

Mister Grieves
09-05-2007, 10:58 PM
I disagree.

Ron Paul is a humble man, and unless directly confronted on who people in the military support the most, I don't think he'd bring it up, nor should he.

jmarinara
09-05-2007, 11:01 PM
The fact that RP has received more military donations than ANY other candidate (Dem or GOP)...is HUGE!!!

He should have mentioned that when he spoke of his opposition to war. something like:

"There is a reason why my campaign has received more donations from the military men than any other candidate...the troops know they've been lied to and they want to come home!"

He needs to play up his popularity with the military big time...it will totally nuetralize the chicken-hawk "support the troops" line..

RP really need to play on this...I use this line on people all the time and it's a huge eye-opener

Max, I agree with you, and if I were the campaign manager, I would have been running radio ads all week "thanking" the troops for their service and for making him the most popular candidate amongst the military. I would have thrown in a promise that I take their feelings seriously and would never lie to them like some other people I know.

But, I suspect Ron Paul would have shot me down. He is way too good of a guy to use the troops for political gain. God Bless him for that.

max
09-05-2007, 11:04 PM
I disagree.

Ron Paul is a humble man, and unless directly confronted on who people in the military support the most, I don't think he'd bring it up, nor should he.

I admire humility in a man....but when I went on a recent job interview I brought along past awards and openly spoke of my qualifications and refernces...If not...I wouldnt have been hired

A campaign is the same thing. RP needs to talk himself up without being boastful. Nothing wrong with that.

I think he shouyld also talk about how he voted against his own payraise

mport1

Agreed.

jmarinara
it's probably incredibly hard to contemplate the best answer under these circumstances.

It is, take it from someone who's running for office. Believe me, the best value to the campaign (internally speaking) is that RP can learn from these mistakes. IF his campaign manager is worth his salt, he'll be drilling RP in mock press conferences and mock debates based on these little mistakes.

He'll work on hand motions, posture, tone, cliche, etc. etc. etc. And I get the feeling he is doing this because RP gets better and better with each debate.

Kuldebar
09-05-2007, 11:06 PM
I don't think it would be a good move to use such support in order to make a sound bite. Of course, it's the cheapish kind of thing that all the other candidates often do.

Quiet strength is far more powerful than a braggart's belly yell.

aravoth
09-05-2007, 11:11 PM
He's too humble to say something like that....But no worry...People by the thousands will be looking up "ron paul" on Google tomorrow and will find out themselves.

It's already happening, the views on my video's haven't updated, but the comment went through the roof.

ghemminger
09-05-2007, 11:14 PM
how much have they gon up???

max
09-05-2007, 11:14 PM
I don't think it would be a good move to use such support in order to make a sound bite. Of course, it's the cheapish kind of thing that all the other candidates often do.

Quiet strength is far more powerful than a braggart's belly yell.

talking up your credentials is not bragging...especially when its done in the context of the troops donating to him so that he can bring them home safely...

too much modesty is not good for a political campaign...it all depends on how he says it

CJLauderdale4
09-05-2007, 11:15 PM
do tell...

max
09-05-2007, 11:15 PM
It's already happening, the views on my video's haven't updated, but the comment went through the roof.

are comments coming from newbies or established paulites?

aravoth
09-05-2007, 11:16 PM
are comments coming from newbies or established paulites?

The normal crowd but Newbies mostly, and some neo-cons bitching about him

max
09-05-2007, 11:18 PM
The normal crowd but Newbies mostly, and some neo-cons bitching about him

NEWBIES!!!!

wow!...Once they drink the poison cup of your videos we'll soon have a whole new generation of Paul - a - maniacs!

I pimp your videos on all of my flyers!