PDA

View Full Version : Do You Like New www.CampaignForLiberty.Com ?

qwerty
10-01-2008, 08:40 PM
Do you ?

I love it!

:)

durden0
10-01-2008, 08:42 PM
Not sure, ask me again when they've gotten more content up. So far i'd have to say no. But maybe when they get more education material up there i'll be on board more.

max
10-01-2008, 08:46 PM
it needs to be dumbed downed a little and more user friendly for the sheep we want to enlist in our ranks...

a slight touch of some emotion based propaganda (rooted in truth) would help

tropicangela
10-01-2008, 08:46 PM
Yes and no. I like the layout better but not the colors. The brighter gold/yellow was nicer IMO. Too dark now. So I'm not voting on the poll.

Micah Dardar
10-01-2008, 08:47 PM
I voted yes because I think it's a very good start.

walt
10-01-2008, 08:50 PM
This site doesn't exist to me until Jesse Benton is fired.

qwerty
10-01-2008, 08:51 PM
OMG, PEOPLE HOW LONG HAVE IT BEEN ONLINE ? Give it time, would you ?

I donīt care about the layout or colors, if this site will bring together millions, it has done itīs job, no matter what kind layout it has...

qwerty
10-01-2008, 08:52 PM

Yeah right...:rolleyes:

Spirit of '76
10-01-2008, 08:54 PM
Overall it's good.

A few things I'd like to see:

A "keep me logged in" option
A list of users currently logged in
A more functional ability to search other users
More action tools -- especially an ability to fax Congress strait from the website

This list is preliminary, I'm sure other things will come up.

Jeremy
10-01-2008, 08:54 PM
I voted Yes, but the problems need to be fixed

StateofTrance
10-01-2008, 08:56 PM
The site looks like a neo-con's re-election site. Where is Terra Eclipse?

nate895
10-01-2008, 08:56 PM

Well, since they are now related by marriage, I doubt that will ever happen. BTW, stop holding personal grudges and move on with your life.

QueenB4Liberty
10-01-2008, 09:04 PM
What did Jesse do?

I like it. I'm going to sign up to be a precinct leader when I get paid I think.

jrich4rpaul
10-01-2008, 09:12 PM
Definately like the tools... then again I'm on the free version so I don't know half of it.

But effective nontheless...

AJ Antimony
10-01-2008, 09:35 PM
From the navigation buttons-up I like it, but the layout underneath it I do not. The highlighting looks really ugly IMO

dr. hfn
10-01-2008, 09:46 PM
I liked the old sites look and graphics better. I liked the eagle on the front page. I like the old sites blogs on the front page really big.

evilfunnystuff
10-01-2008, 09:51 PM
The site looks like a neo-con's re-election site. Where is Terra Eclipse?

ditto

qwerty
10-01-2008, 11:46 PM
Bump!

:)

DirtMcGirt
10-01-2008, 11:56 PM
needed- contact info to media for each state/ county (or being able to post that info on there)
-featured liberty candidate
-section for Canada or overseas members

VoteForRonPaul
10-02-2008, 12:08 AM
I donīt care about the layout or colors, if this site will bring together millions, it has done itīs job, no matter what kind layout it has...
I do not agree!

Having trillions of people there does not justify a boring layout :cool:

Obviously you do not care about arts :D

VoteForRonPaul
10-02-2008, 12:11 AM
This Poll should added a third option like"Not sure/I do not know".

I am so sick of the two party system that lives in people's blood.

qwerty
10-02-2008, 12:12 AM
I do not agree!

Having trillions of people there does not justify a boring layout :cool:

Obviously you do not care about arts :D

i care about arts but i care more about the world...

VoteForRonPaul
10-02-2008, 12:15 AM
i care about arts but i care more about the world...
Art is also a part of the world you cannot separate it.

Suzu
10-02-2008, 12:37 AM
I was disappointed to find that one must pay $35/year to be a precinct leader, because I'm the only person in my precinct who gives a hoot, and I haven't got any money!

Suzu
10-02-2008, 12:42 AM
I forgot to mention: I also do not appreciate that all the past entries on campaignforliberty.com/blog have disappeared. I had bookmarked quite a few of them that I haven't had time to read and now I can't go back to them.

anaconda
10-02-2008, 12:54 AM
It wanted me to log in. I don't recall doing that in the past. I donated money the first day but I don't recall signing up. Do we all have to sign up now and select a password and all that ?

qwerty
10-02-2008, 01:20 AM
I was disappointed to find that one must pay $35/year to be a precinct leader, because I'm the only person in my precinct who gives a hoot, and I haven't got any money!

i honestly think that 35 per year is nothing...

Suzu
10-02-2008, 01:45 AM
i honestly think that 35 per year is nothing...

Well if you were trying to live on $750/month you might have a different opinion!

me3
10-02-2008, 02:38 AM
No, I don't like it.

Last time I checked yesterday, I couldn't find RSS feeds. The old feed was dead, the old content was not ported over so all of the backlinks and comments and info was lost.

Which totally blows. Amateur job.

Is it pretty? Sure. I wish someone had spent the time to make sure it was functional. Now the last 3 months of posting to the site and helping promote the content there seems like a waste. I won't be investing that time again. This is exactly what I expect from attempts within the liberty movement to centralize.

Someone comes up with a bad plan, and they have the resources to implement it.

Bern
10-02-2008, 03:20 AM
I haven't been keeping up with RPF or the emails I got from the Ron Paul campaign until recently, so I'm not 100% sure what the aim/purpose of the CFL site is, but when I took a look yesterday, it seemed pretty basic to me.

Maybe there is more there than meets the eye if you pay money, but it really wasn't that clear what specifically the site is trying to accomplish (I'm talking about the mechanics/details, not the end goals). It's sort of like Ron's primary campaign where he talked a lot about the end goals (which were radical to most people) and not enough about the roadmap to get there.

Hey me3, I like your sig! Thanks... :)

me3
10-02-2008, 04:31 AM
Maybe there is more there than meets the eye if you pay money, but it really wasn't that clear what specifically the site is trying to accomplish (I'm talking about the mechanics/details, not the end goals). It's sort of like Ron's primary campaign where he talked a lot about the end goals (which were radical to most people) and not enough about the roadmap to get there.
Basically, it's light and looks little like the demo site I checked out a week ago, which probably means they went live behind schedule.

Apparently you can't format comments or post links, it appears to be a totally bespoke system. Why they couldn't just use Community Server or some other CMS is beyond me. For an internet based organization, screwing up and handicapping your website is just plain stupid.

Hey me3, I like your sig! Thanks... :)
Well, you got a couple thousands backlinks from here now. Yahoo luv. lol

Pete
10-02-2008, 06:55 AM
The important thing, the precinct and networking tools, look pretty good. I have not signed up as a precinct leader because I want to be a Republican committee person for my voting precinct, and the slot is presently occupied. I need to sort this out.

The C4L staff is pretty small, I realize, but you guys need to make a push to hit first-time visitors a little harder with facts about our present political situation and what C4L does. I suggest taking some ideas from LRC for organizing the blog and articles, and devoting space to mission information.

Needs a 'remember me' function.

I don't like the C4L logo, which is a bit fussy and tacky, like a doily on a TV set. I'd prefer a bolder graphic.

SnappleLlama
10-02-2008, 07:08 AM
Hmm....well, to be honest, I'm not too blown away by its design. Also, shouldn't they list what type of organization they are? I clicked on the "about" section, but it didn't have any financial info. Perhaps that's on a different page, but to me, this would seem to be the logical place to put that information.

Also, I tried looking up my district's information, but all I saw was a "profile coming soon" message. I guess I was just hoping for something a bit more substantial.

Then again, I work as a webmaster ;)

Ninja Homer
10-02-2008, 07:27 AM
Overall, I think it's a good start. As it has been said, I think they got a little behind schedule. I just posted this in another thread:

The design could use a little work, but it isn't that bad. What's more important are the tools that the site has. So far, I like it.

A little graphic design change is a drop in the bucket compared to the programming behind it.

What, specifically, do you not like about the site design?

I would change:
The background - the brushed aluminum just looks out of place.
The shadowing around the content pane is just too much and too dark.
The image across the top doesn't look like it fits real well... that needs some work.
The red and blue title bars, button bars, and content panes are too bright. I know they were trying to match it with the colors used in the Campaign for Liberty logo, but as it is, it is distracting from the actual content. Those colors need to be washed out or lightened up a little. Actually, now that I look at it more closely, the reds and blues used within the site are much brighter than the reds and blues used in the logo.

Those graphic changes should be relatively simple compared to the work that has gone into the backbone programming. I'm guessing that getting the tools working has been their top priority, while they "settled" on the current graphic look.

Feelgood
10-02-2008, 07:57 AM
Not too impressed. Looks like nothing more then you could do in 30 minutes or less. We waited how long? For that? :rolleyes:

LibertasPraesidium
10-02-2008, 08:00 AM
looks good, though i like the remember me function. and how bout a chat room for precints or states or something :)

Ninja Homer
10-02-2008, 08:17 AM
Not too impressed. Looks like nothing more then you could do in 30 minutes or less. We waited how long? For that? :rolleyes:

lol... you have NO idea how long it takes for custom programming.

H Roark
10-02-2008, 03:24 PM
I like the way the information is laid out, but graphically speaking it is bleak. For the amount of money the CFL was given, this is deplorable.

qwerty
10-03-2008, 08:25 AM
bump!