PDA

View Full Version : Screwed in Illinois 8th district

billjarrett
10-01-2008, 08:34 PM
In November I'll have a choice between Melissa Bean, who votes 180 degrees from what I'd like her to 100% of the time..

Or the Republican challenger, who also supports the bailout

http://www.greenbergforcongress.com/newsDetail.aspx?newsID=4953

I don't think we have any 3rd parties running for the position. If there are, they are staying well hidden...

ARGH!

aspiringconstitutionalist
10-01-2008, 08:37 PM
Write yourself in?

billjarrett
10-01-2008, 08:42 PM
Would just be discarded then. In Illinois, you have to file a "Write in candidate declaration of intent" early in september, otherwise it doesn't count.

Found a guy running as green party, don't know if he's on the ballot or write-in. May write him in out of spite, knowing he has no chance.

Micah Dardar
10-01-2008, 09:00 PM
Vote 3rd Party! :)

jlaker
10-01-2008, 09:19 PM
Run for office and kick both there asses out!

Santana28
10-01-2008, 09:23 PM
Hey Bill,

what are the odds we could find someone to run??

I know a guy...name's Jay Krasne... lives in Gurnee. He used to be on several republican boards from what i recall. He helped me put up signs in 4 foot of snow last winter all over town....

any iraq vets or navy types? hehe good way to get instant cred in this district.

Jeremy
10-01-2008, 09:25 PM
If ya have to, just vote against the incumbent. Better to keep 'em moving before they get power.

billjarrett
10-02-2008, 06:25 AM
Hey Bill,

what are the odds we could find someone to run??

The problem with that is the rules here. You can't even register to be a write-in now, it's too late.

It now looks like I'll probably be voting for http://www.iainabernathy.org/iainabernathy/Welcome.html this time around. I don't know much about his views, sent him an email last night asking his views on the bailout.

But my choices are pretty much him, a traitor, and a wanna-be-traitor neocon... bleh.

freelance
10-02-2008, 06:28 AM
If ya have to, just vote against the incumbent. Better to keep 'em moving before they get power.

Good point. Send the message that they cannot keep voting against the will of the people. We voted them in, and we can vote them out.

JosephTheLibertarian
10-02-2008, 06:31 AM
In November I'll have a choice between Melissa Bean, who votes 180 degrees from what I'd like her to 100% of the time..

Or the Republican challenger, who also supports the bailout

http://www.greenbergforcongress.com/newsDetail.aspx?newsID=4953

I don't think we have any 3rd parties running for the position. If there are, they are staying well hidden...

ARGH!

No LP? hmm. I guess you don't vote then. ;)

billjarrett
10-02-2008, 06:51 AM
No LP? hmm. I guess you don't vote then. ;)

I can't seem to find an LP or a CP candidate, unless I'm just looking in the wrong places. The green party one was pretty hard to find, actually found an article about some controversy with his candidacy paperwork before I found his site.